ADVERTISEMENT

Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flu goes from zero activity to high activity in about 3 weeks. Cvirus is everywhere in China by now, its been 6 weeks. It has been half a flu season and there have been 40k infections, and 1000 dead. Meanwhile in 12 weeks flu will kill 80k, and infect 80 million. Remember Flu is a seasonal thing and drops to almost nothing for 3/4 of the year. You and I are likely to die from complications of the flu or another virus...maybe because of cancer or heart disease or diabetes...but a virus is likely to be the final bullet. Maybe it is a specially designed virus that is super contagious, those were created by the russians and it maybe escaped from Wuhan. The spanish flu would immobilize communities due to illness. this is immobilizing due to fear.
I'm sticking to my math. No antibodies, breaking into areas it never existed before.
Flus often sprout up in varying areas, not just one, as those flus are already there, dormant in those who carry it, but, as you said arent weak enough for it to take hold in its virulent form, in a way, and they start infecting people from multiple areas. Again, not just one.

So, having an area of one hundred million is one fourteenth the population of china, if onehundred start dying each day, and it expands into areas it's never existed before, unlike the common flus, that's fourteen times the ability potential including mortality, or, 1400 a day, and it too is just getting started, no antibodies.

Reactions: huskerfan66
THAT...

....IS....

....A....

....RIVETING....

.....READ...

Especially the responses below the article. Of which, here are a few:

"The two things I use at home that most people do not seem to realize the value of, are povidone iodine, and something called Hibiclens. Both are available at CVS or any drugstore.
Both are used by doctors and hospitals to sanitize and sterilize surface and skin prior to or after surgery.
Hibiclens to wash hands, povidone for skin on the person being operated on and also for hands of the medical teams. Make sure you do not get even one speck of it in your eyes.
If you have a cut that takes more than a couple of days to heal…it has an infection…put a drop of povidone on a bandaid and put it on the cut overnight, and for longer if it is not much better over night.
The thing about iodine is…it kills bacteria, fungi, protozoans, and viruses.
It will also make contaminated water safe to drink in a emergency situation, and can be used in case of nuclear wars to stave off the effects of radiation sickness. At about ten bucks for enough to last for decades [unless there is a nuclear war…it will probably run out sooner if that happens and you use it to protect your thyroid] and it is a must have."

AND

"In view of the article cited and that of the “two versions” of the day before, this advice doesn’t appear to make sense:

a) “stay home” – easy to say, but only works if:

1) you live alone
2) have enough food, medicine, etc., to last out the epidemic

b) “wear gloves” – also easy to say, but:

3) will not prevent you from infecting yourself
4) will make access to your bare hands much more awkward
5) will create many more opportunities to infect yourself while taking them off

c)” wash your hands”:

6) presumably to wash off the virus you got on them from taking off your gloves?

d) “avoid touching your face”

7) why, will the virus crawl up your nose? Presumably, so long as you avoid poking your finger up your nose or into your mouth, the respiratory route of infection is not involved.

I propose a more sensible check list, based on the two articles and their logical interpretation:

1. wear a mask when there’s a possibility of close proximity to other faces

2. wear glasses, sunglasses or protective glasses under the above conditions, to prevent occular transmission

3. when taking off the mask and glasses, have soap and water or alcohol sanitizer and a hair dryer at hand.

4. wash hands thoroughly first.

5. take off the mask and blast it from the inside with the dryer, then again from the outside. This should take care of any viruses on the surface.

6. take off glasses and wash them and the hands thoroughly

7. wash face

8. if wearing gloves, wash them thoroughly at step 4, instead of washing hands, and again at step 6, while washing glasses, then remove them to wash hands and face.

PS. I mention glasses although I don’t understand how occular trasmission ranks in terms of severity of infection. Would welcome clarification"

AND ALWAYS LEAVE'EM LAUGHING:

"Ronald Ginzler

February 10, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Any ideas on the origin of the Spanish Fly?

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-expert-says-knows-virus-204850255.html

John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong, says he knows when the virus will become inactive.
In a private conference call organized last week by CLSA, a brokerage firm based in Hong Kong, investment analysts had a chance to ask Nicholls, one of the world's foremost experts on the topic, questions about the novel coronavirus.

Nicholls also said that he doesn't consider SARS or MERS, a Middle Eastern novel virus that spread in 2012, to be an accurate comparison for this year's outbreak. Rather, the novel coronavirus most closely relates to a severe case of the common cold.

When asked about the probability of the novel coronavirus becoming endemic, Nicholls responded, "If it is like SARS it will not be endemic. It most likely will be a hit and run just like SARS," according to the transcript.

Similar to a common cold, the surrounding environment of the outbreak plays an important role in determining the survivability and spreadability of the virus, he continued. Because of the impending shift in seasons, Nicholls said he expects the spread of the virus to be curbed in a matter of months.

"I think it will burn itself out in about six months," Nicholls said.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I thought this video was interesting.. it is between an investigator (posing as a party authority) and a funeral home director. They were trying to get an idea of how many people were being cremated daily, and at the end, the director finally gives up the number, but the issues of manpower and not enough cars to pick up the dead and not enough crematories and this guy just sort of goes off about all the struggles they are having.

They are saying that the virus will be long dead, if expecting a package from China.

They say the virus can only be transmitted in fluid drops from human expulsions. Officials are saying it only takes 1 hour before the virus is dead and not able to infect.

I have a package that's supposed to be enrt. If it ever gets shipped, you can bet your behind that I will douse it in sanitizer and bleach.
Just warm the oven up and put it in for a couple of hours at 100F. Corona virus is killed pretty quickly by heat.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
They are still individually sealed
The problem with most face masks is that they leak around the edges especially around the bridge of the nose. Anybody who has worn one in dusty conditions understands that. You're just trying to decrease the load of viral exposure. Actually some sort of eye protection is probably important too if you really want to go the extra mile.

The problem with most face masks is that they leak around the edges especially around the bridge of the nose. Anybody who has worn one in dusty conditions understands that. You're just trying to decrease the load of viral exposure. Actually some sort of eye protection is probably important too if you really want to go the extra mile.

Correct. Masks are fairly pointless according to virologists ( according to numerous posts etc because there isn’t any sort of air tight lock )

but they did say the N95’s were the best of the bunch but still nowhere near truly effective

might just invest in some plague masks and freak everyone out

reaction-himym-barney-stinson-SedMCzMp4uecM

Just warm the oven up and put it in for a couple of hours at 100F. Corona virus is killed pretty quickly by heat.
Gonna make me a Corona stew... with some beef and carrots

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
I thought this video was interesting.. it is between an investigator (posing as a party authority) and a funeral home director. They were trying to get an idea of how many people were being cremated daily, and at the end, the director finally gives up the number, but the issues of manpower and not enough cars to pick up the dead and not enough crematories and this guy just sort of goes off about all the struggles they are having.

Awesome information. But why do these people sound like Ewoks?

Formerly jailed TV preacher is flacking this. And of course the eggheads are skeptical. "However, similarly marketed products also include colloidal silver which according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) provides no known health benefits. Ingesting it can cause side effects including argyria, or discoloration of the skin or other tissue, and poor absorption of other medications by the body."

China now reporting 60,000 cases,1300 dead

They have started reporting symptoms as cases, based on x-ray of lungs. So bronchitis, pneumonia post influenza could be considered coronavirus. May be smart to be able to get more resources for that region but not accurate in the middle of flu season. 80 million Chinese are going to get the flu in a 12 week period, and then all of the other stuff including bacteria pneumonia and other lung infections that are so common in a place with the world's worst air quality. I don't blame them but the numbers just became even more useless than they were before.

10.6 million people, a subtropical climate. Ag area and a trade hub. There are people dropping dead of Corona that will be buried and never be counted.

10.6 million people, a subtropical climate. Ag area and a trade hub. There are people dropping dead of Corona that will be buried and never be counted.
Most likely true. Morticians have there have been complaining that they can't transport the dead quickly enough in Wuhan.

They have started reporting symptoms as cases, based on x-ray of lungs. So bronchitis, pneumonia post influenza could be considered coronavirus. May be smart to be able to get more resources for that region but not accurate in the middle of flu season. 80 million Chinese are going to get the flu in a 12 week period, and then all of the other stuff including bacteria pneumonia and other lung infections that are so common in a place with the world's worst air quality. I don't blame them but the numbers just became even more useless than they were before.
No, theyve run out of test kits. Now that there's 1300 dead, it either got alot more deadly your way, which includes anything, or, the death toll stays the same ,at the same rate per infection, which is not what you're saying, but fits the model we've been seeing all along.

I think the audio had been sped up so it wouldn't take so long or maybe as an attempt to hide the voice?
It does sound like a Minion interviewing an Ewok
The funeral worker makes reference multiple times for saying what he/she is saying because of loyalty to the communist party.
Such a different culture over there

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Sounds like they took one of the quarantined people from Camp Ashland to the Nebraska Med Center. So Omaha has that going for it...

No, theyve run out of test kits. Now that there's 1300 dead, it either got alot more deadly your way, which includes anything, or, the death toll stays the same ,at the same rate per infection, which is not what you're saying, but fits the model we've been seeing all along.
We don't know their reporting methods, nor trust their reporting methods from the beginning. It is unlikely that they were accurately able to get confirmation for the first 40k infections, the CDCs kits were faulty and I can't imagine that Chinese designed kits would be more accurate or efficient no matter what they say. They never had enough testing kits but were stuck in a tough political space of not reporting enough or reporting too much, such is the state of a police state. They do not report based on truth or merit or consequence but the appearance before the party. If the party decides that more cases is good then that will be reported, if the party decides that fewer cases is good, that will be reported. The mortality rate for confirmed cases outside of china is 0.67%...China can't possibly test for influenza, bronchitis, or any other cold that people get. Literally 100% of the population experiences an infection from December to March, feels achy, has a cough, running nose. You could literally have a death stat tracker running for pneumonia and influenza in china for December, January, February and the stats would look terrifying. It is literally mind blowing thinking about the 100k that die every flu season just in China alone.

Sounds like they took one of the quarantined people from Camp Ashland to the Nebraska Med Center. So Omaha has that going for it...

According to OWH "The first test on the woman, conducted Friday, came back negative. The test was repeated Saturday, and those results also were negative, officials said.

The woman now is back at the camp, where the travelers on Saturday were in the 10th day of their 14-day quarantine."

I'm not about to read thru these long winded pages. Just want you all to know I have a respirator for the next 300+ days. I'm ready for the '20 season ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Made it back from Boston. I'll be damned if every stinking Uber driver in that city wasn't coughing and sniffling. When you're close enough to smell the hot blast of their bad breath, I think you're going to get whatever they have.:( I think I need to get my affairs in order. That UMass student that tested positive was all over town before he was diagnosed.

Made it back from Boston. I'll be damned if every stinking Uber driver in that city wasn't coughing and sniffling. When you're close enough to smell the hot blast of their bad breath, I think you're going to get whatever they have.:( I think I need to get my affairs in order. That UMass student that tested positive was all over town before he was diagnosed.
Youll be fine
Magic8Ball.jpg

Just got word that Apple issued a statement about not meeting guidance for 1st quarter due to corona virus. Markets may sell off a bit tomorrow.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
rumor i heard was Jessica Tarlov (democratic strategist?) saying she was told the corona virus could be in the air of bubble wrap coming from China. maybe not THAT crazy.
so don't go poppin' that stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Hmmm... sounds like a cold, but If not... can you give us updates UNMC?

Sounds like a sensational CNN fake news click baiter. I mean... this is the stupid fake shit they would say.
Idk, it is very likely that 40-70% of Wuhan has been exposed if it is as contagious and resilient as it sounds. It seems like the body fights it off quite easily IF the virus load is small and the person is younger than 50. The mortality rates are 0.2% for those <50 who have been identified, which means it is likely much lower. The best description of Covid I have heard is "heavy cold". Those who are older than 80 or with heart issues have a VERY high mortality rate...but these people have a much higher mortality rate from many things. The hospital workers who died likely took on such a heavy load of virus, with no rest, and the virus got the upper hand and into the lungs before the immune system could respond. Hospital workers always have much higher mortality rates than those of the same age in the general population. The cases are already dropping in Wuhan which tells me it has burned through the population, every region will have to experience this "passage" of the virus eventually unless we vaccinate or it loses its resiliency.

You can't trust China's numbers and it has spread to Iran. This could be the a huge blow to Iran they're already under heavy sanctions and one terror leader recently died

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT