ADVERTISEMENT

Connie Yori

Not if you lie and fail to meet minimum requirements, forcing the boss to basically do your work because you refuse to. How is Yori doing at her new coaching gig?
...no sense arguing here - don’t think you’re changing my mind or vice versa - as I said, they fired the best basketball coach ever at NU - that part is hard to argue.

...no sense arguing here - don’t think you’re changing my mind or vice versa - as I said, they fired the best basketball coach ever at NU - that part is hard to argue.
World's tallest midget is still a midget.

Reactions: dinglefritz
World's tallest midget is still a midget.
MVC Coach of the Year (2002)
Big 12 Coach of the Year (2010)
WBCA Coach of the Year (2010)
AP College Basketball Coach of the Year(2010)
Kay Yow Award winner (2010)
Naismith College Coach of the Year (2010)
2× Big Ten Coach of the Year (2010, 2014)

Nebraska (Overall): 280–166 (.628)
The Cornhuskers struggled mightily in Yori's first season as head coach in 2002–03. They finished the season last in the Big 12 Conference (12th place) and recorded an 8–20 overall record (1–15 conference).[7] The following season, Nebraska had a 10-game turnaround as they finished 18–12 (7–9).

MVC Coach of the Year (2002)
Big 12 Coach of the Year (2010)
WBCA Coach of the Year (2010)
AP College Basketball Coach of the Year(2010)
Kay Yow Award winner (2010)
Naismith College Coach of the Year (2010)
2× Big Ten Coach of the Year (2010, 2014)

Nebraska (Overall): 280–166 (.628)
The Cornhuskers struggled mightily in Yori's first season as head coach in 2002–03. They finished the season last in the Big 12 Conference (12th place) and recorded an 8–20 overall record (1–15 conference).[7] The following season, Nebraska had a 10-game turnaround as they finished 18–12 (7–9).
Like I said, midget is still a midget.

Zero
Zero
Zero
Of your tax dollars go to support the Nebraska football program or any athletic program at nu
The football program supports all the other sports and donates $5,000,000 for academic scholarships through the general fund
Yes I know that. Need to be more clear meaning the university in general and that's why I added booster$$. Sorry for not being perfectly clear.

Connie was a good coach and recruited some good players from outside Nebraska. Surprisingly she lost what seemed like a majority of in-state players to other schools, which I could just not figure out. The last couple of years she had seriously problems with depth and fatigue as the season wore on.

For those of you wondering why she got fired, it was pretty cut and dried. There was an article in the Journal Star that during her divorce investigation, she ordered her staff to lie about her whereabouts in order to help her child custody case-- if that's not completely accurate its very close. Once you do something like that as a manger, you are done. I personally don't think the university had a choice after that information was made public.
Thank you nwu, I was not aware of that information.

Like I said, midget is still a midget.
Yes, because every school in America is full of National COY coaches on their staffs...you seem like a swell person who loves to give credit where credit is due...I’m guessing you’ve got numerous national “best of” awards in your resume, too! Happy New Year, boss !

Super dorks that loved SE will tell you he did an amazing job of getting rid of her and keeping the school from being embarrassed...normal people will tell you that SE is creepy and that the school really can't get embarrassed by anything that happens in womens basketball because about as many people like womens basketball as they will this post.

Yes, because every school in America is full of National COY coaches on their staffs...you seem like a swell person who loves to give credit where credit is due...I’m guessing you’ve got numerous national “best of” awards in your resume, too! Happy New Year, boss !
Miles has one. It sure is helping him.

Super dorks that loved SE will tell you he did an amazing job of getting rid of her and keeping the school from being embarrassed...normal people will tell you that SE is creepy and that the school really can't get embarrassed by anything that happens in womens basketball because about as many people like womens basketball as they will this post.
Actually, only dipshits don't realize she "resigned", and also let her keep her buyout. Something Connie's lifelong pal in this thread has failed to mention. I wonder if he will ask her next time they chat, what Connie and Shawn talk about when they chat (because they do, quite a but)
But yes, I am sure (per usual) you have all the info.

Actually, only dipshits don't realize she "resigned", and also let her keep her buyout. Something Connie's lifelong pal in this thread has failed to mention. I wonder if he will ask her next time they chat, what Connie and Shawn talk about when they chat (because they do, quite a but)
But yes, I am sure (per usual) you have all the info.

If you know I have all the info...why did you post what you just posted?

She's gone. Better late than never. Get over it. We've got a better coach and person now.
She's gone...Get over it.

She is and I have.

We've got a better coach..now.

What makes you feel this way?

I am not questioning your response. Just interested in what the new coach has done to make you feel that she is a better coach than Yori.

Thank you.

I did get to watch the current team beat the Gophers in Minneapolis this afternoon. This team-- which is still a little short on depth and talent-- is so far ahead of where I thought they'd be at this point in the season, and way ahead of any point last year. They already have 10 wins and had 7 all of last year. They have 4 good recruits coming in next year, so the future looks bright. I think Amy is going to make people forget about Connie. NIT this year and NCAA next year.

She's gone...Get over it.

She is and I have.

We've got a better coach..now.

What makes you feel this way?

I am not questioning your response. Just interested in what the new coach has done to make you feel that she is a better coach than Yori.

Thank you.
Today was a good showing. But I am guessing the people in this thread bitching about the last coach not being here anymore, had no idea they even played today

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah some people throw out the troll term way too liberally. Its an interesting topic to me and so I ask. I thank 463 and others who have contributed in this thread. I think I have a better idea now which was the point of the thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT