ADVERTISEMENT

Connie Yori

She was all bark and no bite. Even this senior student was able to shut her down.

In all honesty. Not in the halls of selleck, she did pretty good! I liked seeing Husker women up on top again!

I am over it. But you aren't known to be the most accurate poster. You often let your personal feelings color your views. You have posted repeatedly on here that she was abusive but other people are saying that's not so. I just want to hear what OTHERS have to offer on the subject.

I am over it. But you aren't known to be the most accurate poster. You often let your personal feelings color your views. You have posted repeatedly on here that she was abusive but other people are saying that's not so. I just want to hear what OTHERS have to offer on the subject.
My problems with Yori don't start and stop with her last year at NU. My problems with Yori extend back 2 decades to include her time at Creighton. She never should have been hired by NU in the first place.IMO. She's gone. Thank God. I'm done with it. Troll on.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
My problems with Yori don't start and stop with her last year at NU. My problems with Yori extend back 2 decades to include her time at Creighton. She never should have been hired by NU in the first place.IMO. She's gone. Thank God. I'm done with it. Troll on.
Yes I've heard your story a million times before. Your friends daughter said she was a meanie and so now you get to forever to tell everyone how abusive she is (maybe she is, I don't know). But youve also been known to make up things and misremember stories over drinks. So if someone should ask if that's actually true instead of just blindly taking your word for it, it could be that they are skeptical, not trolling.

Yes I've heard your story a million times before. Your friends daughter said she was a meanie and so now you get to forever to tell everyone how abusive she is (maybe she is, I don't know). But youve also been known to make up things and misremember stories over drinks. So if someone should ask if that's actually true instead of just blindly taking your word for it, it could be that they are skeptical, not trolling.
stick it. There was way more to it than being a jerk to players .

Reactions: nudan92
I guess I'm not sure why she would get Romeo's support if she was letting Shepherd skip practices, etc
Idk, but I think Romeo was sick of the bullshit and drama all around. Romeo busted her ass every day, and was a hard nose type player. Romeo was the biggest loss, by far. She was my daughter's favorite player, and she would request her as "coach" for her camps.

stick it. There was way more to it than being a jerk to players .

If you're going to come in and derail a post, then spill the beans. I, for one, would like to know why Connie Yori was fired. If you have the information then let us know. Otherwise, stay out of it and let people who actually know what they're talking about post.

just another Eichorst screw up in his tenure. She was the bobby knight type of womans basketball and those ala J.Shepherd chose to run instead of work. personally i think she got screwed and should have fought for her job. her job was to coach not to molycaudle with her girls and be their best friend.

Reactions: Huskercigar
Well the shepherd thing was definitely a head scratcher for me. The way I took it, she was very instrumental in getting yori fired.... and then transfers after new coach hired. Strange. Maybe won't be happy anywhere I don't know. But there has to be A Lot more to the story than we know.

Reactions: Huskercigar
Well the shepherd thing was definitely a head scratcher for me. The way I took it, she was very instrumental in getting yori fired.... and then transfers after new coach hired. Strange. Maybe won't be happy anywhere I don't know. But there has to be A Lot more to the story than we know.
This says more than you know. You are closer to the truth than what is spread by the people just looking for a other reason to rip the former AD. Like I have stated before. Yori refusing to put any effort into figuring things out did her in. That team was close to pulling a "walkout" like the men' team did years ago. If you run an organization and an employee refuses to do their job, and it effects the products future, I am sure so many of these people saying she got screwed would have just let it slide...... right

just another Eichorst screw up in his tenure. She was the bobby knight type of womans basketball and those ala J.Shepherd chose to run instead of work. personally i think she got screwed and should have fought for her job. her job was to coach not to molycaudle with her girls and be their best friend.
Her job as a coach is to be a leader, and not let parents run her program.

Yori had no chance to get her job back. She could not afford to raise any trouble or file anything! As stated this is just best left alone!

Bingo.....we have a winner

Reactions: trwebe
This says more than you know. You are closer to the truth than what is spread by the people just looking for a other reason to rip the former AD. Like I have stated before. Yori refusing to put any effort into figuring things out did her in. That team was close to pulling a "walkout" like the men' team did years ago. If you run an organization and an employee refuses to do their job, and it effects the products future, I am sure so many of these people saying she got screwed would have just let it slide...... right
wrong.

Yori had no chance to get her job back. She could not afford to raise any trouble or file anything! As stated this is just best left alone!
Yes that part played a part in it too. However that had been going on for a while and it was the Shepard incident that drove it.

"mollycoddle" - to indulge or protect someone
molybdenum - element #42
caudle - "a British thickened and sweetened alcoholic hot drink"

Sometimes it is just better to be left in the dark.
Yes and no. A professional team yes. Public institution that takes my tax $$ and my booster$$, and had seriously questionable leadership in the athletic department at the time, NO. Surprised this whole thing kind of went under the radar as much as it has.

Oh. Yeah. You proved it. Lol, you obviously have fell for the "after" story to try and blame the AD who had players and parents coming to him for weeks because Yori refused to do her job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess we are suipposed to not expect a coach to do their job if their personal life is a mess.

Yes and no. A professional team yes. Public institution that takes my tax $$ and my booster$$, and had seriously questionable leadership in the athletic department at the time, NO. Surprised this whole thing kind of went under the radar as much as it has.
Zero
Zero
Zero
Of your tax dollars go to support the Nebraska football program or any athletic program at nu
The football program supports all the other sports and donates $5,000,000 for academic scholarships through the general fund

Last edited:
Zero
Zero
Zero
Of your tax dollars go to support the Nebraska football program or any athletic program at nu
The football program supports all the other spots and donates $5,000,000 for academic scholarships through the general fund
Surprisingly accurate post here.

I guess we are suipposed to not expect a coach to do their job if their personal life is a mess.
I think, based on her success in previous years, there might have been some pause to firing her for a year in which a lot of personal things contributed to a “mess” in a terrible year for her. Good Lord, there have been many other coaches all over the country who have had bad years personally and professionally who have been allowed to work through it, especially in light of prior success. I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt NU women’s hoops ever gets back to the national standing it had under Connie...

Reactions: trwebe
Connie was a good coach and recruited some good players from outside Nebraska. Surprisingly she lost what seemed like a majority of in-state players to other schools, which I could just not figure out. The last couple of years she had seriously problems with depth and fatigue as the season wore on.

For those of you wondering why she got fired, it was pretty cut and dried. There was an article in the Journal Star that during her divorce investigation, she ordered her staff to lie about her whereabouts in order to help her child custody case-- if that's not completely accurate its very close. Once you do something like that as a manger, you are done. I personally don't think the university had a choice after that information was made public.

I think, based on her success in previous years, there might have been some pause to firing her for a year in which a lot of personal things contributed to a “mess” in a terrible year for her. Good Lord, there have been many other coaches all over the country who have had bad years personally and professionally who have been allowed to work through it, especially in light of prior success. I hope I’m wrong, but I doubt NU women’s hoops ever gets back to the national standing it had under Connie...
So yeah, I guess an employee shouldn't have to do their job if going through rough times. Sweet, I bet my boss will buy that.

Connie was a good coach and recruited some good players from outside Nebraska. Surprisingly she lost what seemed like a majority of in-state players to other schools, which I could just not figure out. The last couple of years she had seriously problems with depth and fatigue as the season wore on.

For those of you wondering why she got fired, it was pretty cut and dried. There was an article in the Journal Star that during her divorce investigation, she ordered her staff to lie about her whereabouts in order to help her child custody case-- if that's not completely accurate its very close. Once you do something like that as a manger, you are done. I personally don't think the university had a choice after that information was made public.
But she was good before that, so it shouldn't matter?
Or something.

So yeah, I guess an employee shouldn't have to do their job if going through rough times. Sweet, I bet my boss will buy that.
Your boss might if you were the best to ever hold the position in your company....he/she might just give you an “off” year...

Your boss might if you were the best to ever hold the position in your company....he/she might just give you an “off” year...
Not if you lie and fail to meet minimum requirements, forcing the boss to basically do your work because you refuse to. How is Yori doing at her new coaching gig?

Reactions: nwualum

I guess it depends on if you’ve talked to her and known her for more than 30 years as to who/what you believe...either way, her husband put her in a very tough predicament which involved her child and having to do what she could to have custody of him...don’t think she did anything that a lot of other parents wouldn’t have done....but maybe you know more...

ADVERTISEMENT