ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Minnesota Gophers

I thought he was goofy the first season. Not anymore.

Perhaps, you may enjoy watching this video of his opening presentation at the 2020 AFCA Kick Off: I've seen the transformation of the players in the last three years. You can see it in their body language and smiles. He genuinely takes care of his players and help them become men. They come from different backgrounds, and he does weekly individual one on ones with his players. They even have occasional date nights were players are taught proper etiquette of treating women with respect.

They bring in experts to talk about sexual harassment from people who have become experts based on their own experience. He teaches kids about right and wrong way t do things. They are fully engage in the community, in the classroom, spiritually, and in the playing field.

Many Gopher fans who were very skeptical are shocked at the speed of transformation. Most are buying in into what he is doing here. He is a one in a million. The Gophers are lucky to have him. Let's hope they can keep him.

He sets high goals and standards. The real story is can he sustain this level of success staying put in one place? He is more of a program builder bar none.

PJ Fleck's AFCA keynote speech starts at 11:50

Scott Frost' time will come sooner than later. Nebraska has built a remarkable recruiting class the last four years tops in the Big Ten West. Be patient.He has an incredible among of talent to work with. Every program has different situations when you have a coaching change. Scott Frost is bringing his recruits in to fit his coaching schemes. Injuries sort of derail Nebraska's chances of making it to a bowl game this year.

So, once Nebraska starts clicking, the rest of the Big Ten better watch out. The Big Ten West have some great coaching hires. They are going to be more competitive nationally. IMHO, it is in the best interest of the Big Ten for Nebraska to succeed.

247Sports ranked Nebraska 24th nationally for 2019 with 20 4-Stars, and 63 3-Stars.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

I did watch it. I couldn't sleep and this actually helped me.
Lot's of coach-speak, long-winded blah blah rhetoric. He's clearly been good for the Gophers but sorry...he's just not my type.

I thought he was goofy the first season. Not anymore.

Perhaps, you may enjoy watching this video of his opening presentation at the 2020 AFCA Kick Off: I've seen the transformation of the players in the last three years. You can see it in their body language and smiles. He genuinely takes care of his players and help them become men. They come from different backgrounds, and he does weekly individual one on ones with his players. They even have occasional date nights were players are taught proper etiquette of treating women with respect.

They bring in experts to talk about sexual harassment from people who have become experts based on their own experience. He teaches kids about right and wrong way t do things. They are fully engage in the community, in the classroom, spiritually, and in the playing field.

Many Gopher fans who were very skeptical are shocked at the speed of transformation. Most are buying in into what he is doing here. He is a one in a million. The Gophers are lucky to have him. Let's hope they can keep him.

He sets high goals and standards. The real story is can he sustain this level of success staying put in one place? He is more of a program builder bar none.

PJ Fleck's AFCA keynote speech starts at 11:50

Scott Frost' time will come sooner than later. Nebraska has built a remarkable recruiting class the last four years tops in the Big Ten West. Be patient.He has an incredible among of talent to work with. Every program has different situations when you have a coaching change. Scott Frost is bringing his recruits in to fit his coaching schemes. Injuries sort of derail Nebraska's chances of making it to a bowl game this year.

So, once Nebraska starts clicking, the rest of the Big Ten better watch out. The Big Ten West have some great coaching hires. They are going to be more competitive nationally. IMHO, it is in the best interest of the Big Ten for Nebraska to succeed.

247Sports ranked Nebraska 24th nationally for 2019 with 20 4-Stars, and 63 3-Stars.
https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/
Being a husker fan in the twin cities has opened my eyes a bit as far as Fleck goes... I can’t stand his schtick. But he is an excellent coach. He genuinely cares for his players. He’s great for the B1G and Minnesota will contend for the west more often than not as long as he’s here. I respect his coaching abilities. He accepts blame instead of throwing players under the bus.

All that being said, I struggle with his histrionics. The sprinting up and down the sidelines. The RTB. The running on the field to check an immobile player who is standing in the huddle (just admit you jumped the gun PJ, quit saying your guy was lying motionless on the field). Claiming the victory over Auburn was against a blue blood (a great program, no doubt, but not a blue blood by any standard). The crowd surfing...

He’s shown himself to be a great coach. But he still rubs me the wrong way. I’m happy you’ve got him, you guys will be contenders moving forward. But he’s not my cup of tea.

Reactions: otismotis08
Being a husker fan in the twin cities has opened my eyes a bit as far as Fleck goes... I can’t stand his schtick. But he is an excellent coach. He genuinely cares for his players. He’s great for the B1G and Minnesota will contend for the west more often than not as long as he’s here. I respect his coaching abilities. He accepts blame instead of throwing players under the bus.

All that being said, I struggle with his histrionics. The sprinting up and down the sidelines. The RTB. The running on the field to check an immobile player who is standing in the huddle (just admit you jumped the gun PJ, quit saying your guy was lying motionless on the field). Claiming the victory over Auburn was against a blue blood (a great program, no doubt, but not a blue blood by any standard). The crowd surfing...

He’s shown himself to be a great coach. But he still rubs me the wrong way. I’m happy you’ve got him, you guys will be contenders moving forward. But he’s not my cup of tea.
And the clothes that are 2 sizes too small?

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT