Congratulations Minnesota Gophers

Discussion in 'Husker Board' started by scarletred, Jan 1, 2020.

1. otismotis08

otismotis08 Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

I did watch it. I couldn't sleep and this actually helped me.
    Lot's of coach-speak, long-winded blah blah rhetoric. He's clearly been good for the Gophers but sorry...he's just not my type.

2. timnsun

timnsun Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

Being a husker fan in the twin cities has opened my eyes a bit as far as Fleck goes... I can’t stand his schtick. But he is an excellent coach. He genuinely cares for his players. He’s great for the B1G and Minnesota will contend for the west more often than not as long as he’s here. I respect his coaching abilities. He accepts blame instead of throwing players under the bus.

All that being said, I struggle with his histrionics. The sprinting up and down the sidelines. The RTB. The running on the field to check an immobile player who is standing in the huddle (just admit you jumped the gun PJ, quit saying your guy was lying motionless on the field). Claiming the victory over Auburn was against a blue blood (a great program, no doubt, but not a blue blood by any standard). The crowd surfing...

He’s shown himself to be a great coach. But he still rubs me the wrong way. I’m happy you’ve got him, you guys will be contenders moving forward. But he’s not my cup of tea.

otismotis08 likes this.
  3. otismotis08

otismotis08 Offensive Coordinator
    Expand Collapse

And the clothes that are 2 sizes too small?

timnsun likes this.