ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Minnesota Gophers

your worse case scenario had us at 8-4. We somehow finished 3 games worse

So what... Colorado, Purdue, Indiana ( without 2AM starting) and Iowa where we had our chances of winning didn’t happen just like Steele predicted wins..

Did you predict the injury situation at Kicker too.

Reactions: bshirt73
So what... Colorado, Purdue, Indiana ( without 2AM starting) and Iowa where we had our chances of winning didn’t happen just like Steele predicted wins..

Did you predict the injury situation at Kicker too.

When you give up a 17-0 halftime lead, I'm going to go ahead and say that it's more than just a "so what." It was yet another epic failure on our defense, as it was against Iowa as well.

Hell, we've had so many epic failures on the defensive side of the ball that they start blending together to create one epic melange of waste product.

Then he decided to redshirt nearly his entire recruiting class. It was a pretty obvious change in approach. Frost is playing the long game. Short-term success and long-term success aren't mutually exclusive, but the time line you've established for what you perceive to be improvement is irrelevant.

I didn’t even think of this before but it also plays a big difference when the 2015-2017 recruiting classes were brought in for a pro style offense and not Frosts style off offense. Two completely different style off offenses. Not every player can just switch over and match up great for the other style.

Reactions: scarletred
Sure, but we beat them soundly in Frost's first season. Fleck said "My DC sucks" and made the move to replace him in the middle of his 2nd season there. If we still languish on defense next season, Frost had better be ready to make the same difficult decision. Good friends or not.
Oh yeah, I agree with that.

Oh yeah, I agree with that.

Yeah, I really believe the offense is going to be very good next season. Potentially great! And I'm willing to give Chinander an opportunity to prove himself with a better LB crew. But if we go through similar defensive performances like we've seen the last 2 years, without question, he needs to go.

Reactions: scarletred
Yeah, I really believe the offense is going to be very good next season. Potentially great! And I'm willing to give Chinander an opportunity to prove himself with a better LB crew. But if we go through similar defensive performances like we've seen the last 2 years, without question, he needs to go.

Yeah...It would really be nice to see the defense out there and think "Okay, they will get a stop" instead of thinking "Oh god, I hope the other team ****s up"

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I didn’t even think of this before but it also plays a big difference when the 2015-2017 recruiting classes were brought in for a pro style offense and not Frosts style off offense. Two completely different style off offenses. Not every player can just switch over and match up great for the other style.

Plus they had to transition from a 3-4 to a 3-4 on defense.

Reactions: Bruce1981

Totally agree with this.

Plus they had to transition from a 3-4 to a 3-4 on defense.

I assume you mean 4-3 to 3-4 and you’re right. Diaco just started that and was fired. Banker ran a 4-3 and so did Bo Pelini... So that transition was still taking place...I don’t think many of those players Diaco was recruiting that cycle stayed put.

I assume you mean 4-3 to 3-4 and you’re right. Diaco just started that and was fired. Banker ran a 4-3 and so did Bo Pelini... So that transition was still taking place...

Nope, I typed it right. I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick, but I figured that excuse was just as good as any of the others.

Nope, I typed it right. I was laying the sarcasm on pretty thick, but I figured that excuse was just as good as any of the others.

Oh so you thought Bob Diaco was able to pull off that transition in a few months and didn’t even get a full recruiting cycle in? He didn’t even get one year of recruits brought in before being fire. So no offense, doesn’t sound very thought threw on your part my man. Chin IS the one who is pulling off that transition, Not Diaco.

After playing with the grandkids today I grabbed my favorite bottle of Busch Lite and now watching the Sugar Bowl. Trudy and I are enjoying a quiet night.

Oh so you thought Bob Diaco was able to pull off that transition in a few months and didn’t even get a full recruiting cycle in? He didn’t even get one year of recruits brought in before being fire. So no offense, doesn’t sound very thought threw on your part my man. Chin IS the one who is pulling off that transition, Not Diaco.

Goodness, more nebulous nonsense. Time to finally put that ignore feature to work!

Goodness, more nebulous nonsense. Time to finally put that ignore feature to work!

Nonsense? I see why you’re not a football coach. All you understand is if someone is good or bad...not everything else that goes with it...

If that bothered you, then by all means, Ignore me. You was the one who replied to me like you had no knowledge of football and transitioning from system to another. All I did was replied back. If you’re one of those simple minded guys that doesn’t understand all that...please ignore me so you don’t reply to me and I answer back again.

You mean like there are huge differences in playing football in a spread versus a pro set? We should not expect players to be able to transition to such a severe change. We would have been better off to go full bone.

You mean like there are huge differences in playing football in a spread versus a pro set? We should not expect players to be able to transition to such a severe change. We would have been better off to go full bone.

agreed, Tanner Lee should have stayed...he’d killed it in that option read play...or QB designed run or any option play... ;)

Yes, congrats to them for beating...

Ummm

Oh yeah...Oregon State and ummm...Utah? And oh yeah...UCLA! And Cal!

no doubt. USC down, UCLA is down and rebuilding, Stanford is down, Washington was average at best, Utah was decent but nothing great...most of the good PAC 12 teams weren’t very good this year. Not exactly to hard flourish in the PAC 12...lol

Yes, congrats to them for beating...

Ummm

Oh yeah...Oregon State and ummm...Utah? And oh yeah...UCLA! And Cal!

Don’t forget that titan - Colorado. Anytime you have to match wits with Mel Tucker and come away with a victory you have to count yourself as lucky. Even if the win was 45-3

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Don’t forget that titan - Colorado. Anytime you have to match wits with Mel Tucker and come away with a victory you have to count yourself as lucky. Even if the win was 45-3

Now you’re just being stupid. No one here is claiming the Huskers are good. We all KNOW we suck right now. Everyone of us know this. So your side ways crap can move along. Again, not exactly hard to flourish in a weak PAC 12. Congrats to Oregon for taking advantage of that.

Reactions: bshirt73
no doubt. USC down, UCLA is down and rebuilding, Stanford is down, Washington was average at best, Utah was decent but nothing great...most of the good PAC 12 teams weren’t very good this year. Not exactly to hard flourish in the PAC 12...lol

yes agree .... I initially “LOL’d” with great delight. Then I remembered we are 0-2 against one of the worst teams in that league even when we played their first year coach who was no doubt trying to change the culture.

Last edited:

Ha!

I mean...I get they beat a super overrated Utah team and they also crapped the bed vs a true freshmen QB vs Auburn...then they played a crap (sorry everyone but Wisconsin was lame this year) Badger team that literally gave them the game away and for some reason stopped giving the ball to their best player.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Ha!

I mean...I get they beat a super overrated Utah team and they also crapped the bed vs a true freshmen QB vs Auburn...then they played a crap (sorry everyone but Wisconsin was lame this year) Badger team that literally gave them the game away and for some reason stopped giving the ball to their best player.

dudes not bright at all. This is his side ways attempt for hating on Scott Frost and the Huskers. Although a weak PAC 12 is nothing like the BIG 10

dudes not bright at all. This is his side ways attempt for hating on Scott Frost and the Huskers. Although a weak PAC 12 is nothing like the BIG 10

In the last 10 Rose Bowls in which the PAC played the BIG The PAC 12 is 7-3.

the BIG has the worst winning % in bowl games over the last decade of any power 5 conference

In the last 10 Rose Bowls in which the PAC played the BIG The PAC 12 is 7-3.

the BIG has the worst winning % in bowl games over the last decade of any power 5 conference

Any chance the fact that the B1G has its best team in the playoff every year and the Pac-12 doesn't have an impact on that record? How do you think Oregon does against an aOSU team that beat Wisky twice this year today?

Any chance the fact that the B1G has its best team in the playoff every year and the Pac-12 doesn't have an impact on that record? How do you think Oregon does against an aOSU team that beat Wisky twice this year today?

It definitely does. That’s why I said opponents played makes a huge difference. Most of those guys are playing weak teams and should win..plays into it a lot. Two: it’s what, a percentage difference...it’s like really?

It definitely does. That’s why I said opponents played makes a huge difference. Most of those guys are playing weak teams and should win..plays into it a lot. Two: it’s what, a percentage difference...it’s like really?

Oregon over Wisconsin - top tier teams
Cal over Illinois - mid tier teams
Colorado over Neb - bottom feeder vs bottom feeder
Ariz State over MSU - mid tier teams
Iowa over SC

not sure of other BIG vs PAC games.

Oregon over Wisconsin
Cal over Illinois
Colorado over Neb
Ariz State over MSU

OSU is our best team. Ducks are the Weak 12s best...I’m pretty sure the Buckeyes hand the Ducks a beating. I’m whiling to bet Michigan hands the Ducks a beating. Oregon played possibly our 3rd-4th best team and it goes down to the wire. That’s the weak 12s best against are 3rd or 4th best...It’s all about matches and the BIG 10 made the playoffs and had an at large with Michigan against Bama.

OSU is our best team. Ducks are the Weak 12s best...I’m pretty sure the Buckeyes hand the Ducks a beating. I’m whiling to bet Michigan hands the Ducks a beating. Oregon played possibly our 3-4th best team and it goes down to the wire. It’s all about matches and the BIG 10 made the playoffs and had an at large with Michigan against Bama.

Oregon better than Michigan but not Penn St..

It definitely does. That’s why I said opponents played makes a huge difference. Two: it’s what, a percentage difference...it’s like really?
Every conference is capable of having one elite-ish team, the B1G happens to catch that Pac-12 team every season and they get the second best team in our conference while we send our elite-ish team to the dance. Seems pretty advantageous for one of the parties. Props to the Pac-12 for winning though - seems like they've always owned the Rose Bowl.

Oregon over Wisconsin - top tier teams
Cal over Illinois - mid tier teams
Colorado over Neb - bottom feeder vs bottom feeder
Ariz State over MSU - mid tier teams
Iowa over SC

Stanford beat NW...

Reactions: jlb321
ADVERTISEMENT