ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Minnesota Gophers

You must be completely ignorant. UCF plays in a sorry conference and can literally drive 5 minutes from campus and find studs all day long. Western Michigan is a complete garbage program. Do you see how stupid your statement is. Again, UCF has a MASSIVE advantage in their conference. There is a reason Many coaches are jumping for that job and the Houston. Those are EASY places to win and boost your resume.

you are really trying to claim the MAC is better then the AAC??? Now thats ignorant bro. No, that’s just flat out stupid. AAC is a lot better then the MAC hands down...

AAC has UCF (10-3) 17th ranked Memphis (12-1), Houston (4-8), Temple (8-5), 21st ranked Cincinnati (10-3), 23rd ranked Navy (11-2), SMU (10-3) and USF.

MAC has Central Michigan (8-6), W Michigan (7-6), Miami of Ohio (9-5), Ohio (6-6) and Kentucky State (7-6)...

If anyone thinks Frost will win close to 11 games in Year 3, against that schedule, they are crazy. It will be a struggle to win 6 games. I hate to say it, but it might not be until Year 5 that he even makes a bowl game.
And so be it. That's where we are. Hope you guys have thick skin and a few years left on the ole ticker. But give him time, and I believe SF will succeed.

If anyone thinks Frost will win close to 11 games in Year 3, against that schedule, they are crazy. It will be a struggle to win 6 games. I hate to say it, but it might not be until Year 5 that he even makes a bowl game.

never said he’d win 11 in that schedule. I just think we will do much better in year 3-5 is all.

Reactions: bshirt73
you are really trying to claim the MAC is better then the AAC??? Now thats ignorant bro. No, just flat out stupid. AAC is a lot better then the MAC hands down...

AAC has UCF (10-3) 17th ranked Memphis (12-1), Houston (4-8), Temple (8-5), 21st ranked Cincinnati (10-3), 23rd ranked Navy (11-2), SMU (10-3) and USF.

MAC has Central Michigan (8-6), W Michigan (7-6), Miami of Ohio (9-5), Ohio (6-6) and Kentucky State (7-6)...

No, I'm saying the built in advantage that UCF has compared to their conference foes is massive. Are you dense?

Anyway, how about you poach your chest out about "little Saban" when he actually accomplishes something at Nebraska .

No, I'm saying the built in advantage that UCF has compared to their conference foes is massive. Are you dense?

no apparently you are when you think the MAC is harder to win in over the AAC. That’s literally self explanatory there. AAC has 3 or more Top 25 teams in it and how many did the MAC have? The best MAC team went 8-5...best AAC went 12-1 and had 4 10 win teams too. Dense is arguing the MACs better...lol

no apparently you are when you think the MAC is harder to win in over the AAC. That’s literally self explanatory there. AAC has 3 or more Top 25 teams in and how many did the MAC have. The nest MAC team went 8-5...best AAC went 12-1 and had 4 10 win teams too. Dense is arguing the MACs better...lol

Fleck>>>Frost Deal with it

The beauty of it is that Frost is on his own timeline. He's trying to build a dynasty-level program and the administration will give him that time.

It's a completely unique situation in that there's not a coach in the country who hasn't won anything with his current school with a longer leash than Frost, it's incomparable to other programs and I think a lot of people are searching for comparisons that can't be made because of that dynamic.

Pop off when Frost actually has a winning season. You may wait awhile...

trust me will. When both teams have finished products on the field...we will see who’s laughing then. Flecks done great but also took over a solid team and built on that. Frost took over a train wreck and team that gave up on Mike Riley...We will see who’s better when Frost has the Huskers rolling;)

Reactions: bshirt73
trust me will. When both teams have finished products on the field...we will see who’s laughing then. Flecks don’t great but also took over a solid team and built on that. Frost took over a train wreck and team that give up on Mike Riley...We will see who’s better when Frost has the Huskers rolling;)

You've been popping off for 2 years now. How's it going?

Why does Frost have to win 10 games?

Riley is the reason along with Eichorst our program is where we are right now..

he doesn’t - 10 wins next year is what it would take to merely tie Riley’s 3 year record at Nebraska.

You've been popping off for 2 years now. How's it going?

Your not bright are you? How would you have a clue what I have done, personally for 2 years? Yes I have backed Frost and stayed positive this season but that doesn’t mean been “popping off” as you say for 2 years. Now you’re taking differences in opinions and making it personal. You need a huge bro?

And so be it. That's where we are. Hope you guys have thick skin and a few years left on the ole ticker. But give him time, and I believe SF will succeed.

Oh, I'm willing to give Frost plenty of time. But it will be very hard for him to recruit at a high level if he has 4 losing seasons in a row. You have to show some progress in the first few years.

And even though he was dealt a bad hand from Riley, you have to admit his in-game coaching has been pretty poor overall these first 2 years. There have been quite a few close games that we could have won with better coaching decisions.

This is such a dumb argument. The situations between the two coaches and programs are completely different. It may take Frost a bit longer to get things going, but the damage done by Smilin Mike can’t be overstated. The team was in shambles and still is to some degree.

We're seeing what can happen if a head coach is willing to fire one of his assistant coaches if the assistant coach sucks. Frost had better take note.
Oh, I'm willing to give Frost plenty of time. But it will be very hard for him to recruit at a high level if he has 4 losing seasons in a row. You have to show some progress in the first few years.

And even though he was dealt a bad hand from Riley, you have to admit his in-game coaching has been pretty poor overall these first 2 years. There have been quite a few close games that we could have won with better coaching decisions.
Agreed. SF can and should do better.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Don't forget the one-year wonder fat guy who sided with his players over the administration. He was a bridge over troubled-water that kept them heading in the right direction

agreed, I keep forgetting him. Clay wasn’t it? Kill/Clay/ Fleck has built something special at Minnesota. We will see how they do next year though. Remember NW had a solid year last year too and we all seen what happened the very next season and NW has a legit Head Coach themselves.

Fleck has assembled a team that can beat some good opponents in the trenches. I sincerely hope Frost is in the process of doing that, because that's where it all begins and ends, in my opinion. I'm excited about the skill position talent, but 2-3 years from now NU can't be starting linemen who wouldn't sniff the field at Minnesota.

considering schedule differences...I think we can more then throw that out the window. Mike Riley didn’t face schedules Frost has had to face.

agree ... Scott Frost's 1st 3 years at Nebraska will likely be worse than Riley's

and when the coaching talent is similar things like strength of schedule make a difference

the hope was that Scott Frost's coaching abilities were sufficiently superior to Riley's whereby a more difficult schedule wouldn't be a hinderance to winning 6 games or having a better than .500 record after 3 years

we should start 4 -0 next year - Purdue at home and 3 non power 5 out of conference games all at home

agree ... Scott Frost's 1st 3 years at Nebraska will likely be worse than Riley's

and when the coaching talent is similar things like strength of schedule make a difference

the hope was that Scott Frost's coaching abilities were sufficiently superior to Riley's whereby a more difficult schedule wouldn't be a hinderance to winning 6 games or having a better than .500 record after 3 years

we should start 4 -0 next year - Purdue at home and 3 non power 5 out of conference games all at home

cant disagree with most there. I really think we will see a solid team next year (doesn’t mean we will go 10-2 or 11-1). What killed us most this year was the QB play. Had Martinez played like he should have we could have easily gone 9-3 or 10-2. But with our brutal schedule next year, we could go 7-5 or 8-4 and still have done great.

They played like 5 teams that were starting a backup or first time QB...they needed two lucky ass drives to beat SDSU and Fresno...They beat an Auburn team that LOVES losing as a favorite in bowl games...

Color me...not so worried.

Great season for the fans and their team but the last time anyone got that lucky was my date on prom might when I decided to let her have my flower.

agreed, I keep forgetting him. Clay wasn’t it? Kill/Clay/ Fleck has built something special at Minnesota. We will see how they do next year though. Remember NW had a solid year last year too and we all seen what happened the very next season and NW has a legit Head Coach themselves.

Did NW set some kind of record going from first to worst? Fitz can weather those storms, one of the benefits of coaching at the one school in the big ten with a legitimate handicap.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Did NW set some kind of record going from first to worst? Fitz can weather those storms, one of the benefits of coaching at the one school in the big ten with a legitimate handicap.

No joke, from BIG 10 West champs the season before to this mess they had this year. I Didn’t see that coming at all.

It wasn't "something special." Kill went 29-29 at Minnesota, with a 6-6 record in 2015, coaching from the box the 2nd half of the season. Clays had a 9-4 record in 2016, including a loss to Mike Riley, so it wasn't as if the table was completely set at Minnesota when Fleck came in.

We need to stop making excuses for Frost and Co. Two years is plenty of time to see substantial changes in the play on the field. I know our OLine was young, so I give the offense a bit of a pass. I look for decent improvement on that side of the ball in 2020.

What concerns me, and has concerned me for the last 2 years, is our defense not making much improvement. With 3 seniors on the DLine, and upper classmen at LB, you would think we would be better against the run. But 24 games in, we were still not filling run gaps against Iowa. That is coaching IMO. And hearing from Purdue's coaching staff that we are pretty easy to figure out is pretty damning of Chinander's defense. If we are as woeful on defense in 2020, Frost needs to be forced to make changes.

PJ Fleck took over for Tracy Clays, not Jerry Kill. Google the Clays’ years...riddled with horrible issues- the culture argument some are making is flawed. George O’Leary had UCF in New Years 5 bowls 2 or 3 years before Coach Frost got to UCF...thus some of the arguments here about the UCF/WMich are also flawed.

Everyone wants frost to do well, but the idolatry some exhibit toward him is creepier than any creepiness of Fleck.

As for the task Coach Frost has, Iowa isn’t going away, Minnesota isn’t, Wisconsin isn’t...and PU, NW(even Illinois) won’t be easy games. It’s not the Big 8, Big 12, Mac or AAC. All in the Big 10 have money, very good coaches, and facilities.

Frost is highly compensated, like top 10 in the country highly compensated. He’s going to have to earn it and be better than he’s exhibited so far. He’s 28-22 as a HC with 3 losing seasons out of 4. Fleck is 53-37 w/2 losing seasons out of 7 as a HC. So far w/the bank Frost makes, our investment is of the high risk variety.

Back to the thread title...great win by the goofers. Congrats.

It wasn't "something special." Kill went 29-29 at Minnesota, with a 6-6 record in 2015, coaching from the box the 2nd half of the season. Clays had a 9-4 record in 2016, including a loss to Mike Riley, so it wasn't as if the table was completely set at Minnesota when Fleck came in.

We need to stop making excuses for Frost and Co. Two years is plenty of time to see substantial changes in the play on the field. I know our OLine was young, so I give the offense a bit of a pass. I look for decent improvement on that side of the ball in 2020.

What concerns me, and has concerned me for the last 2 years, is our defense not making much improvement. With 3 seniors on the DLine, and upper classmen at LB, you would think we would be better against the run. But 24 games in, we were still not filling run gaps against Iowa. That is coaching IMO. And hearing from Purdue's coaching staff that we are pretty easy to figure out is pretty damning of Chinander's defense. If we are as woeful on defense in 2020, Frost needs to be forced to make changes.

making excuses for Frost? Was you completely blind that last season Mike Riley was here and how bad our team was and how they completely gaven up? And Jerry Kill took over an absolute train wreck himself at Minnesota and built Minnesota into a solid team and was competing and Fleck built on that. Their records prove and show that.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/minnesota/index.html

They played like 5 teams that were starting a backup or first time QB...they needed two lucky ass drives to beat SDSU and Fresno...They beat an Auburn team that LOVES losing as a favorite in bowl games...

Color me...not so worried.

Great season for the fans and their team but the last time anyone got that lucky was my date on prom might when I decided to let her have my flower.

Minnesota pounding us on the LOS was not luck. We need to continue to improve our OLine over the winter, and our front 7 on defense, or it is going to happen again in our own place next year.

Minnesota pounding us on the LOS was not luck. We need to continue to improve our OLine over the winter, and our front 7 on defense, or it is going to happen again in our own place next year.

plus side is we already HAVE improved our lines since that Minnesota game and during the season. Adding OTs Bryce Benhart, Brant Banks and 5 star Turner Corcoran into the line ups should only help improve our lines next season. This will allow Farniok to move to guard.

making excuses for Frost? Was you completely blind that last season Mike Riley was here and how bad our team was and how they completely gaven up?

yes - given how low the bar was set it shouldn't be very difficult to show some improvement

MIke Riley's last year --- 3 conf wins -- 5th place in division
Frost 1st year ----------- 3 conf wins -- 5th place
Frost's 2nd year ---------3 conf wins ---6th place

we have yet to surpass the worst season of one of the worst coaches in Husker history going into year 3 - let alone come close to matching his best year

ADVERTISEMENT