ADVERTISEMENT

CONGRATS!!!!

I was just congratulating you guys on another amazing recruiting class. I can’t believe all the negativities. So I thought I’d share a little bit with you guys.
Top 20 finishes:
YEAR. IOWA. NEB
2002. 8. n/r
2003. 8. 19
2004. 8. n/r
2008. 20. n/r
2009. 7. 14
2010. n/r. 20. * GOT ONE!
2015. 9. n/r
2019. 15. n/r
2020. 16. n/r. *IA will finish higher

So yes I would say Iowa is in the top 20 often!
But let me guess you want to go back further? I’m not sure I can find archives that far back nor do I care to dig to. Heck IA finished in the top 10 five of those years!

Coming up next the multiple top 10 teams Iowa has beat in the same span! I know Nebraska has beat zero top 10 teams in this span.

Win something. Congrats on the second place finish in the division. Eh lol.

For a Fanbase that doesn’t recognize or compare any other schools accomplishments other than national championships now you’re comparing top 25 finishes?
I was comparing top 20 not 25 or 30 or the top 50. This is a top 20 fraternity that elite teams shoot for each season.
You are an idiot. The poll is a Top 25 and nothing says Iowa like claiming a Top 20 finish is elite. But hey your best stretch ever is equal to our worst stretch ever. Congrats.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Not one high school senior or younger has seen a Nebraska team in the top 10.
That is startling even Minnesota “the other 20th century team” has had a top 10 finish in the last 18 years.

Nebraska and Iowa have each finished the season in the Top 25, eight times the past 20 years.
WRONG Iowa has nine Nebraska has six.

But after the top 20 it’s just arguing over who’s the better average team. That’s why I never accounted for anything above a 20 ranking.

WRONG Iowa has nine Nebraska has six.

But after the top 20 it’s just arguing over who’s the better average team. That’s why I never accounted for anything above a 20 ranking.
Nope, both have 8 AP Top 25 finishes.

I stand corrected 2001 Nebraska finished eighth top 10 finish! I’m sure in the state of Nebraska there are some 20-year-old seniors. My apologies.
Nebraska has been in the Top 10 in 7 of the past 20 seasons. So they have had plenty of chances to see Nebraska in the Top 10, which was your false claim.

Nope, both have 8 AP Top 25 finishes.

Since 2002 Like I said Nebraska has six
Iowa has 8 in the AP but had an additional one in the coaches.
Yes you’re right they could’ve seen a Nebraska top 10 team at the time they played as they are often overhyped but I only accounted for how the team finished their entire body of work.

How do you keep track of these moving goal posts? You are very bad at this. Of course Iowa’s mediocre program isn’t helping you any.
I have stated 2002 in this entire thread there are no goalpost moving. The only goal post Iowa fans move are the ones they tear down in opposing teams stadiums!

Since 2002 Like I said Nebraska has six
Iowa has 8 in the AP but had an additional one in the coaches.
Yes you’re right they could’ve seen a Nebraska top 10 team at the time they played as they are often overhyped but I only accounted for how the team finished their entire body of work.

Shut up stupid. You can't even Google.

Reactions: headcard
Since we like random rankings and starting years how about this one. And only want to measure elite seasons.

AP Top 7 finishes since 1961:

Nebraska 20
Iowa 0
Did you get out your old Commodore 64 to find that information?
I simply congratulated the huskers on another out of this world recruiting class that is all! I did not mean to aggravate or ruffle any feathers. And I got my panties in a wad and started comparing the two programs which Iowa has clearly been the superior team since 2002. I know that’s no way to treat your adopted Little red headed step brother. Sincerely sorry. Again I’m glad you’re now part of the Big Ten family! Next year is going to be better you’ll get to play three out of conference games it will look better year end.
Keep the Commodore 64 out and find some Minnesota fans to argue with over who has the best 20th century team. Good luck with your newest batch of up-and-coming NFL stars!

Last edited:
Did you get out your old Commodore 64 to find that information?
I simply congratulated the huskers on another out of this world recruiting class that is all! I did not mean to aggravate or ruffle any feathers. And I got my panties in a wad and started comparing the two programs which Iowa has clearly been the superior team since 2002. That’s no way to treat your adopted Little red headed step brother. Again I’m glad you’re now part of the Big Ten family!
Keep the Commodore 64 out and find some Minnesota fans to argue with over who has the best 20th century team. Good luck with your newest batch of up-and-coming NFL stars!

You say in your post your panties got in a wad, when you compared the two teams. Gay.

What's a commodore 64. Admirals used to be called Commodores.

For the 20th year in a row you beat Iowa in the recruiting rankings! So now I’m confused why is it Iowa is often in the top 20, continuously beating top 10 teams, seen in NY6/bcs bowls, develop multiple NFL players, and has the occasional top 5 ranking.
Anyway congratulations on yet another Stellar recruiting class.
#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

I’m always proud of our redheaded little step brothers to the west. I’m glad we adopted you into the big 10 family.

Are you 13? Grow up.

For the 20th year in a row you beat Iowa in the recruiting rankings! So now I’m confused why is it Iowa is often in the top 20, continuously beating top 10 teams, seen in NY6/bcs bowls, develop multiple NFL players, and has the occasional top 5 ranking.
#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

I’m always proud of our redheaded little step brothers to the west. I’m glad we adopted you into the big 10 family.
If you guys are so great how did you lose to Northwestern?

#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

This dude has like 10 post on the Iowa boards and most talking crap...he's no hawkeye

I have stated 2002 in this entire thread there are no goalpost moving. The only goal post Iowa fans move are the ones they tear down in opposing teams stadiums!

See, you're asking to catch a beating if you tear down goalposts at an opponents stadium, clown. Do you have an illness?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

tenor.gif

#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

Yea that rose bowl was more of a beat down than Davy Crockett took in the Alamo.
Wrestling...blah
Basketball you will be done before the second weekend unless u play Creighton.

please keep bragging how good you are, one question dbag, when’s your last football title that wasn’t shared bullshit that the big 10 used to pull? Bet it was almost 30 years ago,

cool you send a few dudes to the nfl, juco for division I fb, if I’m hammered and watching an Iowa game I can’t tell if it’s Iowa or Alabama, I get confused cause you are so dominant except those 4-5 games you lose a year.

one stat you forgot you were 1-3 vs Pelini.

OP, why do you come here and post this $hit? If you are an Iowa fan, that sucks for us! I come here because their board is active and talk about their program and the BIG10.

#1WRESTLING
#3BBALL
#16FBALL
#GOHAWKS

OP, why do you come here and post this $hit? If you are an Iowa fan, that sucks for us! I come here because their board is active and talk about their program and the BIG10.
Thanks. It's a lot more fun to have polite conversations with an occasional rib tossed in for fun.

For example, if not for intolerable trolls, it would be interesting to note this week — all-conference selections, national early signing day — that Iowa again seems to have an amazing coaching staff and stability within that staff.

To wit, both Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Daivyon Nixon came to Iowa as 5.5 (low three-star) ranked players in Rivals rankings, yet have turned into game-changers, high NFL draft picks and all-conference players, and in Nixon's case, maybe a conference player of the year. And Tyler Linderbaum, maybe the nation's best center, was a lightly recruited 268-pound defensive tackle out of high school, and in his third year has become a star.

That sort of acknowledgement of reality is easier if dipshits like the OP weren't stirring so much fecal matter on a regular basis.

But, because of him/her/them, we simply have to respond with the truest thing we know:

"Iowa sucks." ;)

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Great post and I'm all for the ribbing. I enjoy having Nebraska in the conference! I have been to Lincoln (had a great time), one of my best friends is a Husker, but he isn't very smart and I don't hold it against him! :D

Thanks. It's a lot more fun to have polite conversations with an occasional rib tossed in for fun.

For example, if not for intolerable trolls, it would be interesting to note this week — all-conference selections, national early signing day — that Iowa again seems to have an amazing coaching staff and stability within that staff.

To wit, both Ihmir Smith-Marsette and Daivyon Nixon came to Iowa as 5.5 (low three-star) ranked players in Rivals rankings, yet have turned into game-changers, high NFL draft picks and all-conference players, and in Nixon's case, maybe a conference player of the year. And Tyler Linderbaum, maybe the nation's best center, was a lightly recruited 268-pound defensive tackle out of high school, and in his third year has become a star.

That sort of acknowledgement of reality is easier if dipshits like the OP weren't stirring so much fecal matter on a regular basis.

But, because of him/her/them, we simply have to respond with the truest thing we know:

"Iowa sucks." ;)

ADVERTISEMENT