ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to US Women's Soccer!

Tough loss.

This thread reminds me of why I don't visit this board very often (except for the music thread).

I'll continue to support the USWNT as well as the NWSL (esp OL Reign). And for you folks in Omaha, Union Omaha are a great team to watch and the tickets are very affordable.

I have the greatest respect for all of the USWNT, esp Rapinoe.
Went a Union Omaha match while i was in Omaha it was cool. Was able to belly up to a rail, have a drink and talk to others. Its too bad they dont have promotion/relegation though

Reactions: baseball31ne
This is probably a case where you would agree with the message but not how it's delivered. Think of it like this. They are Alabama football and after winning it all at 15-0 they get paid the same as Nebraska football did for 8 mediocre games. Also to get to their games they have to fly commercial while Nebraska gets private. Again the revenue generated is always going to be the legitimate sticking point.
Maybe I am wrong on this, but wasn't the USWNT offered the same type of contract as the men that was based off of revenue generated and instead the women opted on more of a guaranteed type of contract? I thought I had read that, but wasn't sure if that was right or not.

Maybe I am wrong on this, but wasn't the USWNT offered the same type of contract as the men that was based off of revenue generated and instead the women opted on more of a guaranteed type of contract? I thought I had read that, but wasn't sure if that was right or not.
Not sure. I didnt see that in here but that doesnt mean they couldnt have done what you stated. Is this it??

In 2017, the players signed a new collective-bargaining agreement with the soccer federation and won control over some licensing and marketing rights. But the USWNT says that agreement did not go far enough.

Tough loss.

This thread reminds me of why I don't visit this board very often (except for the music thread).

I'll continue to support the USWNT as well as the NWSL (esp OL Reign). And for you folks in Omaha, Union Omaha are a great team to watch and the tickets are very affordable.

I have the greatest respect for all of the USWNT, esp Rapinoe.
Loving me some Canadian female soccer players at this moment.

Watched the 2019 womens World Cup in Budapest and Moscow and the 2014 Mens World Cup in Portugal and Spain. It was super fun to meet with a bunch of Americans in a random pub and watch the matches. 2014 the US-Portugal match started at like midnight and I was in a Irish pub in Barcelona. Portugal tied literally on the last play of the match. It was soooo much fun ...until that. Talk about the air out of the ballon situation

I'd love to see American teams win, but I also want those teams to not act like grandstanding woke commies.

America is the most free nation in the world with the most opportunity and these women are getting paid to play a sport and they're still not happy and then go out and represent America poorly.

It's no secret that women's sports in general don't command the same appeal as men's. If they don't like it why don't they go succeed in something they can beat men in?

I'd love to see American teams win, but I also want those teams to not act like grandstanding woke commies.

America is the most free nation in the world with the most opportunity and these women are getting paid to play a sport and they're still not happy and then go out and represent America poorly.

It's no secret that women's sports in general don't command the same appeal as men's. If they don't like it why don't they go succeed in something they can beat men in?
being the most free means acting the most free.

imagine the chinese speaking out against their gov (actual commies) on the world stage. you can't.

Reactions: scarletred
being the most free means acting the most free.

imagine the chinese speaking out against their gov (actual commies) on the world stage. you can't.
Our country is the most free. That doesn't mean I have to agree with, tolerate or support woke commies as they abuse that freedom or use the freedom to chip away at our freedom and way of life just like Iran will use our embrace of diversity to plant radical Muslim clerics and sleeper cells in the US, or China will plant spies everywhere to steal our IP.

Just because the team has the freedom to do something doesn't mean they should or that it's even a good idea.

What's next? Advocating flag burning?

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Our country is the most free. That doesn't mean I have to agree with, tolerate or support woke commies as they abuse that freedom or use the freedom to chip away at our freedom and way of life just like Iran will use our embrace of diversity to plant radical Muslim clerics and sleeper cells in the US, or China will plant spies everywhere to steal our IP.

Just because the team has the freedom to do something doesn't mean they should or that it's even a good idea.

What's next? Advocating flag burning?
You’re right. Nobody has to agree with anything.

The ladies (I use that term loosely) soccer team got what it deserved. Hopefully in 4 years we will have some patriots on the team.

Reactions: FuzzyFreddy
Really sick of our athletes giving "The Stars and Stripes" a black eye. It's even more so embarrassing on the world stage. I'm only 33, but holy shit, do I concur and understand those that came before us!!!!

And we wonder why other countries hate us.......

Reactions: leodisflowers
The ladies (I use that term loosely) soccer team got what it deserved. Hopefully in 4 years we will have some patriots on the team.
It may be patriots, but it's also going to be mostly dudes. The island of Dr. Moreau, that is if Dr. Fauci will allow it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaemekon
It may be patriots, but it's also going to be mostly dudes. The island of Dr. Moreau, that is if Dr. Fauci will allow it.

tumblr_inline_oaock7Gnhd1ttbdeg_500.jpg

Hey as long as she got hers....screw the network and her teamates she cost endorsement deals for and other Olympic athletes, and robbed them of what might have been an otherwise proud moment to come together as a nation and root for the home team. Hope she enjoys her fat checks at everyone elses expense. She should turn on the Kabul coverage to see what real discrimination and oppression looks like.

Hey as long as she got hers....screw the network and her teamates she cost endorsement deals for and other Olympic athletes, and robbed them of what might have been an otherwise proud moment to come together as a nation and root for the home team. Hope she enjoys her fat checks at everyone elses expense. She should turn on the Kabul coverage to see what real discrimination and oppression looks like.
She's exhibit A of why you stand up to bullies.

ADVERTISEMENT