ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to US Women's Soccer!

Old for sure. A bunch of broken down old roadies. The men's match last night was fast and exciting. These "ladies" were slow and boring. They never played great soccer. Just less sloppy than the rest of the world. rip

Reactions: HuskerDana
always felt this was a money deal.
are they really underpaid?
i have no idea.
most dont care about it now, for sure.

i have no idea.
If anything they are paid quite well for how much their sport generates. It's just they are comparing it to how much our men's team makes. Historically our men's team is garbage and our women's team is the gold standard (bronze standard for Olympics apparently) I think they want more support from the USA SOCCER federation. Normally people would support labor over management

i have no idea.

No, they aren’t underpaid. They were offered same deal as the men’s team, but they chose the conservative guaranteed money option. They could have made a lot of more if they chose the pay to play structure, but they didn’t.

No, they aren’t underpaid. They were offered same deal as the men’s team, but they chose the conservative guaranteed money option. They could have made a lot of more if they chose the pay to play structure, but they didn’t.
did they agree to that for the olympics or for all comp?

Normally people would support labor over management

I remember a few baseball and football, and one NBA strike in my lifetime that disagree with this statement. I think you have to separate general labor from the athletes if you're going to go down that road. What little I know about their pay gripes make it seem like they are whiney little bitches that whine and bitch about, everything.

Tough loss.

This thread reminds me of why I don't visit this board very often (except for the music thread).

I'll continue to support the USWNT as well as the NWSL (esp OL Reign). And for you folks in Omaha, Union Omaha are a great team to watch and the tickets are very affordable.

I have the greatest respect for all of the USWNT, esp Rapinoe.

Tough loss.

This thread reminds me of why I don't visit this board very often (except for the music thread).

I'll continue to support the USWNT as well as the NWSL (esp OL Reign). And for you folks in Omaha, Union Omaha are a great team to watch and the tickets are very affordable.

Didn’t even know you weren’t visiting the site anymore.
Perhaps read the sensitivity training thread.

What little I know about their pay gripes make it seem like they are whiney little bitches that whine and bitch about, everything.
This is probably a case where you would agree with the message but not how it's delivered. Think of it like this. They are Alabama football and after winning it all at 15-0 they get paid the same as Nebraska football did for 8 mediocre games. Also to get to their games they have to fly commercial while Nebraska gets private. Again the revenue generated is always going to be the legitimate sticking point.

Tough loss.

And yet, here you are barely a couple of hours after the thread was started.

Reactions: Redinwashington
This is probably a case where you would agree with the message but not how it's delivered. Think of it like this. They are Alabama football and after winning it all at 15-0 they get paid the same as Nebraska football did for 8 mediocre games. Also to get to their games they have to fly commercial while Nebraska gets private. Again the revenue generated is always going to be the legitimate sticking point.
Aren't the women more like Div III Mount Union in football and the men NU? Sure Mount Union dominates but no one cares except their alumni. NU may stink but has millions of fans.

Aren't the women more like Div III Mount Union in football and the men NU? Sure Mount Union dominates but no one cares except their alumni. NU may stink but has millions of fans.
Kinda but both teams are being paid by the same federation. I think the women get pretty good ratings vs the men in general. Obviously men's sports are always going to be the bigger draw though

Kinda but both teams are being paid by the same federation. I think the women get pretty good ratings vs the men in general. Obviously men's sports are always going to be the bigger draw though
That’s the point the women though can’t figure that out and their butt hurt over it..

Tough loss.

Who are you?

Tough loss.

i may be glib about the money aspect and not someone to judge, but i just look back at how this team was beloved for a long, long time and they just kinda chucked it.
i didnt root against them (didnt go out of my way to watch it), but i get how many Americans thought they dissed the USA for no reason.

Tough loss.

It is an honor and a privilege for any athlete to represent their country in competition against the world. If an athlete feels the need to dishonor their country by a symbolic gesture in front of the world, then they have no business being on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT