ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats from Spartan nation

Big win for you guys. Hard fought game and Nebraska made a few more plays. Tip of the cap to Frost for not losing this team after tough sledding early in the season. Best wishes vs. Iowa.
Thanks… You and you are fans of always been classy. Wish the Iowa trolls on the board right now could learn a thing or two from you.

Good luck the rest of the way for you as well!

thanks for posting.
how do you feel about the allegations from a number on here calling MSU the dirtiest team in the BIG?
This isn’t Iowa fan… Why are you trying to pick a fight? He’s being respectful, why not return that?

Reactions: ssmill777
This isn’t Iowa fan… Why are you trying to pick a fight? He’s being respectful, why not return that?

Not picking on him at all. I like him .... I am interested in his opinion on the play of his team. Many on here feel they are overtly dirty. That doesn’t reflect on him. Allegedly dirty teams can have a classy fan base. Civil people can have a discussion without “picking a fight”.

I am interested in fan biases. I wonder if the same people would conclude that MSU was dirty if they were playing Iowa instead of us and the same on the field plays occurred.

Reactions: Cosmoc
Big win for you guys. Hard fought game and Nebraska made a few more plays. Tip of the cap to Frost for not losing this team after tough sledding early in the season. Best wishes vs. Iowa.
It was a cold weather slug fest that could have gone either way. Good luck the rest of the season.

Reactions: EATAFAT1
Not picking on him at all. I like him .... I am interested in his opinion on the play of his team. Many on here feel they are overtly dirty. That doesn’t reflect on him. Allegedly dirty teams can have a classy fan base. Civil people can have a discussion without “picking a fight”.

I am interested in fan biases. I wonder if the same people would conclude that MSU was dirty if they were playing Iowa instead of us and the same on the field plays occurred.
Misread your intent… Apologies.

Thank you sir!

Geesh.....it was a terrific game that could have ended either way!

Reactions: LRob
Thanks

Thanks… You and you are fans of always been classy. Wish the Iowa trolls on the board right now could learn a thing or two from you.

Good luck the rest of the way for you as well!
Thanks Tim. I appreciate the kind words. You guys have always been very respectful, so it’s easy to reciprocate.

I was super busy yesterday (work)...only got to see the last couple of min of the first half and most the second half of the game. would’ve went back to watch it in its entirety if the outcome was better lol. I missed the comments about MSU being dirty. Were they talking about this game specifically or just in general. Michigan is the only fan base that I’ve heard make that accusation repeatedly.

When Narduzzi was the DC they roughed up Michigan pretty bad a couple of times...and did cross the line a few times. (Some say they were retaliating. They do play with an edge defensively and play thru the whistle. But I haven’t seen Us involved in anymore after the whistle altercations than most other teams. Of course, there always an isolated play here or there that may push the envelope, but by no means is it a program thing.

You guys have played us 6 times since you joined the conference. Do you say MSU is dirty?

You guys have played us 6 times since you joined the conference. Do you say MSU is dirty?

Nope.

Hard-nosed? Absolutely.

Dirty? Not at all.

Dirty is the Colorado linebacker attempting to separate our QB's lower leg from the rest of his leg at the knee by twisting his foot around after the play was over, injuring him and nearly costing him the season. Dirty is a TAMU lineman giving a prostate exam to one of our lineman in the bottom of a pileup in order to cause a fight.

Playing through the whistle, never giving an inch, and finishing tackles hard is not dirty. It's what any fan wants THEIR OWN defense to be like.

I was super busy yesterday (work)...only got to see the last couple of min of the first half and most the second half of the game. would’ve went back to watch it in its entirety if the outcome was better lol. I missed the comments about MSU being dirty. Were they talking about this game specifically or just in general. Michigan is the only fan base that I’ve heard make that accusation repeatedly.

When Narduzzi was the DC they roughed up Michigan pretty bad a couple of times...and did cross the line a few times. (Some say they were retaliating. They do play with an edge defensively and play thru the whistle. But I haven’t seen Us involved in anymore after the whistle altercations than most other teams. Of course, there always an isolated play here or there that may push the envelope, but by no means is it a program thing.

I think fans are just a bit upset that there were more than a few late hit penalties on MSU that were pretty blatant that didnt get flagged. And as u know in a game w those types of playing conditions, 15 extra yards can be a big deal.

I think also two of the late hit no flags were on two of our bigger stars..which of course is going to make people feel a bit uneasy.

Anyways good hard fought game..

Reactions: LRob and saluno22

Thanks and good luck to you on the rest of your season. I've always liked Dantonio

Your QB is a tank and played well in the second half compared to the first half in terrible and deteriorating conditions (your receivers did him zero favors all game). Will he be in the mix for the starter role next season?

Thanks Rob! Met lots of great Spartan fans this weekend all were great people before and after! Even met the father of #61 at Buzzard Billy's...great people! MSU is a class act!

Thanks Rob! Met lots of great Spartan fans this weekend all were great people before and after! Even met the father of #61 at Buzzard Billy's...great people! MSU is a class act!
Holy cow.. 9 years 1st post on this... NICE

I think fans are just a bit upset that there were more than a few late hit penalties on MSU that were pretty blatant that didnt get flagged. And as u know in a game w those types of playing conditions, 15 extra yards can be a big deal.

I think also two of the late hit no flags were on two of our bigger stars..which of course is going to make people feel a bit uneasy.

Anyways good hard fought game..
I missed almost all the first half and didn’t see anything in the second half that was worthy of the D label for the team. But based on what you’re saying I can understand guys being upset.

Your QB is a tank and played well in the second half compared to the first half in terrible and deteriorating conditions (your receivers did him zero favors all game). Will he be in the mix for the starter role next season?
Lewerke is firmly the #1 QB when healthy and I haven’t seen anything to think that might change next year. Rocky is very green. That was his second start and only his 3rd game of real action. Dantonio chose to start an injured Lewerke over a healthy Rocky vs Michigan and Ohio State. That indicates his thoughts on Rocky’s status imo. One of the biggest gripes with coach D is he doesn’t get his backup QB enough reps to get him ready. Of course, I’m hoping Rocky does improve enough between now next fall so he does push Lewerke to start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT