ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed Coaching Staff Members

Talked to a college coach and a high school coach and both of them said when you are not a real good offense and the offense is working you keep your foot on the gas. Make no effort to slow down. Do what got you there and continue doing it. Nebraska did NOT do that against Iowa. If you think they did you are not aware of what you were watching!

You dont understand football if you dont think a running game puts games away.

It allows you to safely he aggressive and dictate the plays to the defense put the game away.

You pass to score and run to win.

Age old.

Running the ball when you are up 14 is not playing to lose.

It brought us National titles

Teams want you to throw when they are behind because it stops the clock and gives you more chances for turnovers.
35 rushes for a net 51 yards. We weren’t going anywhere with the run. Those last couple series saw us trying to eat clock and escape with a win. We were fortunate to do so. I hope Rhule never plays not to lose.

Last edited:
Bummer. If I had a choice to keep one coach, it was Busch. I feel like the units he was responsible for arguably showed the most improvement.
So, if Mickey is gone too, what is the fallout with some of the kids connected to him?

So, if Mickey is gone too, what is the fallout with some of the kids connected to him?
Malachi Coleman still seems positive. Sledge I think would stick. Who knows beyond that. They committed to a school that won 4?games. I would like to think that they committed because they liked NU. I guess I wouldn’t expect a mass exodus and IF we lose some that just opens up a spot for Rhule. The coaches he’s hired from other programs may have kids who want to follow.

They have guaranteed contracts they will be paid through their contracts
Just read Becton and Busch gone
Bummer. If I had a choice to keep one coach, it was Busch. I feel like the units he was responsible for arguably showed the most improvement.
Looks like its down to Mickey, Ruud, Raiola that I haven't heard anything about. Then of course the analyst, Kenny W...and the player development babysitter, whoever that is now

ADVERTISEMENT