ADVERTISEMENT

Concerning Trend

Adrian did a much better job of finding and hitting open receivers in that second half of the Rutgers game. He CAN do it. He needs confidence that his center is going to get him the ball and that his O line is going to give him adequate time to find an open guy. THEN he needs confidence that his WRs are fast enough or big enough to get open and make a catch. A large component for success in the passing game is timing and chemistry between a QB and his receivers. I'm hopeful that with a more normal spring, summer 7 on 7s and fall camp, that Adrian will be better this next fall. It HAS to happen.
one of my concerns is Adrian seems to be injury prone if he gets hurt we’re in a world of hurt, yes Luke was almost a carbon copy of Taylor Martinez a gifted athlete but not a quarterback was a adequate backup but he’s gone

Reactions: CatColumbia
The reason is simple - one plays QB and one plays TE

Give me the 9th rated pro or dual rated QB in the nation every year versus the #1 rated TE in the nation every year

The QB position is infinitely more valuable than the TE position

a 3rd team all conference QB is more valuable than an all american TE

Opinion is fine but it sure would be great to throw in a fact once in a while. It was nice of you to acknowledge Headcard's catch on you regarding the 9th rated QB "mistake" you initially made.

Kinda funny how the only facts (loosely speaking) you use reflect negatively on the staff and program. I give you 5 points for consistency but take away 20 because you made me play with my food again.:mad:

Reactions: timnsun
whoever it is will be infinitely more capable than AM

our starter is every other team's 3rd teamer
My eyes tell me you're right and I'm not sure when I've been so frustrated with QB at NU. But I've been reevaluating his performance lately and I think I need to cut him a little slack. He never knew for sure where he was going to get the ball from center, and that has a huge impact on his timing and vision of the field. I'm sure someone knows the stat of how much time the Oline gave him from snap, but my guess is that it was less than average for a P5 school. Those things matter, and I'm trying to put them into the calculus because they affect his TD/INT ratio.

Now, the fumbles are another matter.

My eyes tell me you're right and I'm not sure when I've been so frustrated with QB at NU. But I've been reevaluating his performance lately and I think I need to cut him a little slack. He never knew for sure where he was going to get the ball from center, and that has a huge impact on his timing and vision of the field. I'm sure someone knows the stat of how much time the Oline gave him from snap, but my guess is that it was less than average for a P5 school. Those things matter, and I'm trying to put them into the calculus because they affect his TD/INT ratio.

Now, the fumbles are another matter.

Cut him more slack? Really?

For every good game AMart has, he has three bad games. He’s running a very nice 1:3 good to bad ratio. Only jlb posts have a worse good to bad ratio.

Reactions: bshirt73
Cut him more slack? Really?

For every good game AMart has, he has three bad games. He’s running a very nice 1:3 good to bad ratio. Only jlb posts have a worse good to bad ratio.

Not sure if you read my post. I expressed my displeasure with 2AM's play.

As for cutting him some slack, most of the post discussed things that MIGHT have contributed to his bad play. Topic for discussion, no?

Not sure if you read my post. I expressed my displeasure with 2AM's play.

As for cutting him some slack, most of the post discussed things that MIGHT have contributed to his bad play. Topic for discussion, no?

You’re making excuses for him. He’s not a good qb.

You’re making excuses for him. He’s not a good qb.
Swing and a miss. I was putting his bad play in potential context, not making excuses for him. It wouldn't bother me a bit to see him get beat out next season by a portal QB. BUT HIS ISSUES DON'T SIT IN ISOLATION>>>>>>>THERE ARE OTHER FACTORS AT PLAY THAT COULD MAKE ABOUT ANY QB LOOK BAD. If the other issues that I mentioned in my post aren't fixed, ANY QB WILL LOOK LIKE HIM.

Caps not meant for shouting, but to call attention to what you were looking past in my first post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT