ADVERTISEMENT

Complaining after Winning again...

That’s how I know this thing is headed in the right direction. Thanks Husker Board. Fly the W.
I complained about my balls almost getting frozen-stuck to the bleachers. Serves me right, wearing single layer jeans.

Maybe Frost can take it down a notch? I love me some Frost, but this was pretty cold...

I complained about my balls almost getting frozen-stuck to the bleachers. Serves me right, wearing single layer jeans.

Maybe Frost can take it down a notch? I love me some Frost, but this was pretty cold...
I used to have a 3rd one but after road games in Minnesota and KC Big 12 championship December games, I am down to the normal 2.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
That’s how I know this thing is headed in the right direction. Thanks Husker Board. Fly the W.

Not sure we win this game without their top back getting hurt and gett two muffed punt turnovers. Probably a very very close game even a loss possible without their rb leaving and receiving 2 muffed punts. Our D is terrible. Even Bethune moved the ball easily on us.

Not sure we win this game without their top back getting hurt and gett two muffed punt turnovers. Probably a very very close game even a loss possible without their rb leaving and receiving 2 muffed punts. Our D is terrible. Even Bethune moved the ball easily on us.

Oh BS...we were up by 26 for most of the 2nd...we won by 3 scores...we had our backup qb in with 10 minutes left to go in the game and he immediately fumbled....we were boat racing them when their RB went out. We also slowed the tempo and took it easy on AM to keep him healthy. Plus we had one running back to use. I was hoping these idiot fans left and became Alabama fans during our drought so I could enjoy this next run of championships without the booing and death threats our previous championship teams had to endure. We will never have a measurably great defense. Frost said that today. Frost wants to win games...has figured out a formula to use...dominating fast offense...and opportunistic defense...that is what we had today when we wanted it.

Illinois 5 hundy plus and 35 points..........Spartan's will kill many popcorn tins this week in film sessions.

Come on man. We were a much better team.

I’m not complaining. I am so happy the team decided to honor our veterans. I was worried that they might have just said screw it because of a little inclimate weather and not went ahead with the tribute.

Reactions: Yossarian23

You must have been "sitting" in the so called blue hair section. You should have been standing the whole game instead. Wusy!! Lol. Having fun with you. Glad you were able to get to the game.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Defense or no defense, I'll take covering the spread any day.
you want us to beat the previous averages, aka the point spread, which should be easy for a team on the upswing/ improving day by day - thanks for coming but today the D should have shown some of the improvement and frankly didn't, IMO

Reactions: blackbones
Of course we will all take the win, but I agree. Illinois killed themselves today, the same we will killed ourselves earlier in the year. One could argue they lost the game more so than we won it. We had 24 points of turnovers. 2 or 3 of those we had nothing to do with, they just screwed up. They D and special teams should be a big concern for everyone. Without drastic improvements, 6-7 wins next year will be good as it gets.

Reactions: saluno22
Of course we will all take the win, but I agree. Illinois killed themselves today, the same we will killed ourselves earlier in the year. One could argue they lost the game more so than we won it. We had 24 points of turnovers. 2 or 3 of those we had nothing to do with, they just screwed up. They D and special teams should be a big concern for everyone. Without drastic improvements, 6-7 wins next year will be good as it gets.
Agreed. I don't see the defense getting to be Big 10 caliber by next year. More shootouts and underachieving defense to come. 7 wins will be all we should hope for. Oh well , it's better than what we've had in the last few years.

Reactions: husker2612
Come on man. We were a much better team.
I wouldn't assert we are a better team...

Qb=NU
Rb=ILL
TE=NU
OLine=ILL
WR=NU
DLINE=ILL
LB=ILL
DB=NU

We had a huge advantage at qb...despite Bush running wild, he sux as a passer...they had a large advantage on the lines...overall I was impressed with their talent... but they are not nearly as well coached. Our d was in position, but couldn't do anything about it because they are untalented...but...we made ILL work for their points...Ill was out of position, although better athletically, and we had huge plays. The fact their o-coordinator ever threw the ball showed me they didn't have a clue...we are still the same team that got rocked last year and for 6 games this year...+ a great qb...that is it...a true freshman.

Let’s see what happens the last 2 weeks of the season Sparty and Iowa don’t have the explosive offense’s what we have seen lately not counting BethCookman..

Reactions: jlb321

Qb=NU
Rb=ILL
TE=NU
OLine=ILL
WR=NU
DLINE=ILL
LB=ILL
DB=NU

We had a huge advantage at qb...despite Bush running wild, he sux as a passer...they had a large advantage on the lines...overall I was impressed with their talent... but they are not nearly as well coached. Our d was in position, but couldn't do anything about it because they are untalented...but...we made ILL work for their points...Ill was out of position, although better athletically, and we had huge plays. The fact their o-coordinator ever threw the ball showed me they didn't have a clue...we are still the same team that got rocked last year and for 6 games this year...+ a great qb...that is it...a true freshman.
That is a very strange way to compare teams, but still I disagree. We are getting better every week and the game was never really in doubt. I would also disagree that they are better at RB and LB. Its OK to admit that not everything is terrible. The first 5 games still happened, you can cling to those if you need to, but pretending like this game was somehow an even match or that we got lucky (while winning by 3 TD’s) is silly..

Not exactly. Minnesota fired their defensive coordinator after the illinois debacle. Different coach this week. We should consider doing the same.
Lucky you are and not and never will be making any decisions for Nebraska football. Let's leave the heavy lifting to Frost and his staff. With a comment that dumb you probably root for someone other than Nebraska any way.

We can play this game all day. If we hadn’t have fumbled on our first two drives or would not have had a penalty at 3rd and 28 against Colorado we would have won. If we wouldn’t have had 10 penalties against Troy we would have won. Same with Northwestern...

Penalties, Turnovers, etc are part of the game. It’s not our fault Illinois Yes we were beneficiaries of several Illinois mistakes, but we’ve been the victim of our own mistakes as well. So if you’re going to play the “if...then” game you have to do the zen with our team.

Reactions: saluno22

Qb=NU
Rb=ILL
TE=NU
OLine=ILL
WR=NU
DLINE=ILL
LB=ILL
DB=NU

LOL! Wut??? Really? Corbin better than Ozigbo???? Are you high??? I mean that’s just asinine. Did you not see Ozigbo today? And while our LBs aren’t all world, outside of #97 on their DL, their entire defense is garbage. Our LBs are better than theirs. He’ll, other than #97 our DL was better than theirs.

If you didn’t have so many posts here I’d almost mistake you for an Iowa troll. Either your standard is so high that anything short of a national title means we’re crap, or you’ve really out done your own stupidity.

The only part of the D that is improving is were staring to get some turnovers...

Other wise I still question the 3-4 defense with the personal we have right now..
Honestly, I'm not sure any defense they run would be good for 60 minutes, just not enough talent to hold off equal or better on the other side of the ball. Nebraska's D did good in the third quarter, so that was a plus. And the turnovers. I don't see next year being much better, and if it's not, Frost will have some things to think about going into year three concerning his staff.

When I watch Alabama and Clemson, along with Michigan and a few other teams, Nebraska is light years behind on defense, and I wonder if they can really ever get to that level in a few more years.

The point is the turnovers happened. Just because the turnovers happened and we took advantage of them doesn't necessarily mean we had to win the game that way. If you get 5 turnovers and don't get any points off of them, it doesn't help you much either. We had to take advantage of the opportunities we got and we did. Turning that into some kind of negative as if we had to do it that way is just ridiculous and asinine in the extreme. Earlier in the season the mantra was "where are the turnovers?". Now that were getting the turnovers, people are saying "why do we have to rely on turnovers to help us win?". You want them, now we are getting them, and people still are complaining. Turnovers are part of the game, just like playing good offense and defense are. We played well in most phases of the game, offense, special teams, forcing turnovers, not stopping ourselves with stupid penalties. The only thing we didn't do well in is stopping them on defense in general. You can't expect to do well in all phases of the game every week. And why is relying on turnovers to help you win somehow make a win less important in some people's eyes anyway? I'll take a win however it comes, that's the bottom line.

Our O is nice, but defense wins championships. Until Chin matches Frost we won't win many games against good teams.

The thing is with the offense continuing to improve for us to win championships in the future we will one day simply need an average defense.

Problem is I don't see the current DC being able to ever eventually field one of those.

Frost will have to make tough decisions down the line. Not saying the DC needs to go but he needs to be prodded into making big changes in the off season. What he is teaching currently isn't working if we still have players out of position and missing tackles all the time this late in the year.

If it's a personnel issue as some suggest then he should know what he has and use it to the best of his ability scheme wise. That's what great coaches(Frost) do.

We can play this game all day. If we hadn’t have fumbled on our first two drives or would not have had a penalty at 3rd and 28 against Colorado we would have won. If we wouldn’t have had 10 penalties against Troy we would have won. Same with Northwestern...

Penalties, Turnovers, etc are part of the game. It’s not our fault Illinois Yes we were beneficiaries of several Illinois mistakes, but we’ve been the victim of our own mistakes as well. So if you’re going to play the “if...then” game you have to do the zen with our team.
There's quite a bit of difference between what was happening to us earlier this season and this game too. Those games against Colorado and Troy that we lost because we couldn't get out of our own way with turnovers and penalties were one score games that could have turned on one play. This was a 19 point win today. Illinois never got within 10 points after early in the 2nd quarter and from the time we went up 17 with 6:00 left in the 2nd quarter they only got it within less than 2 TDs for 55 seconds in the 2nd quarter. From the time we scored the TD just before halftime, that 17 points was as close it was from then on. From that point on we cruised in the 2nd half and in it was never in doubt. That is a far cry from a game that turned on a play or two like we were losing games earlier in the season.

Lucky you are and not and never will be making any decisions for Nebraska football. Let's leave the heavy lifting to Frost and his staff. With a comment that dumb you probably root for someone other than Nebraska any way.

Can’t help it that you are ignorant. Sorry you can’t see that our defense is trash and our current defensive coordinator has one of the worst resumes in major college football. If you want to blindly follow him then go ahead but don’t call people dumb when when they can see exactly where this is going. We won’t catch Michigan or Ohio state with him leading the defense.

If you guys watched the post game press conference, Scott reiterates that the D will give up points, but it's now having some success in getting the ball back to the offense.

This is the tradeoff he wants, that goes with the offensive scheme. I don't particularly like the defensive scheme, okay I hate the defensive scheme, but it didn't sound to me like he was making any changes to it.

Previous couple of weeks, they dialed it back, the aggressiveness, but today it just looked bad with them allowing AJ to run at will.

It seems they are content to keep teams at or around 30 pts per game, which means your offense must score more than that.

LOL! Wut??? Really? Corbin better than Ozigbo???? Are you high??? I mean that’s just asinine. Did you not see Ozigbo today? And while our LBs aren’t all world, outside of #97 on their DL, their entire defense is garbage. Our LBs are better than theirs. He’ll, other than #97 our DL was better than theirs.

If you didn’t have so many posts here I’d almost mistake you for an Iowa troll. Either your standard is so high that anything short of a national title means we’re crap, or you’ve really out done your own stupidity.
This x1000

Can’t help it that you are ignorant. Sorry you can’t see that our defense is trash and our current defensive coordinator has one of the worst resumes in major college football. If you want to blindly follow him then go ahead but don’t call people dumb when when they can see exactly where this is going. We won’t catch Michigan or Ohio state with him leading the defense.

How can you be so sure about where this is going or who we can or can't catch? I'm not even saying the defense we have now is great or anything, but we are a least seeing players make plays and being more opportunistic again. The team as is, nearly beat Ohio State this year. Yes, there are some inconsistencies right now, but let's see what another off-season with the same coaches does for this group. Hopefully we can keep those turnovers coming while working out some of those breakdowns we're seeing in year 1. Maybe the turnover we've seen in DCs takes more than a year to fix, or maybe next year we're revisiting this conversation. I just think it's too early to say this is the best this defense will ever be and start talking about shaking it all up again.

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah, the defense looked pathetic stopping the run. But it's year one......let's hang tough for another year. We'll see.....

But certainly agree we can't count on always out-scoring everybody. Even the unstoppable 1983 NU offense fell a little short.

Reactions: husker2612
If you guys watched the post game press conference, Scott reiterates that the D will give up points, but it's now having some success in getting the ball back to the offense.

This is the tradeoff he wants, that goes with the offensive scheme. I don't particularly like the defensive scheme, okay I hate the defensive scheme, but it didn't sound to me like he was making any changes to it.

Previous couple of weeks, they dialed it back, the aggressiveness, but today it just looked bad with them allowing AJ to run at will.

It seems they are content to keep teams at or around 30 pts per game, which means your offense must score more than that.
Why can't we have both? Why can't we stop teams AND force turnovers? Other teams are able to do it. Why not us?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT