ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment from a WR?

Grant Page. Samson is waiting on an Ohio State offer, and will likely get it soon.

Grant Page. Samson is waiting on an Ohio State offer, and will likely get it soon.
Wouldn't be so sure on that. Brian Hartline wants one more WR in the OSU class and they're hosting Georgia WR Kojo Antwi on an official this weekend. Samson's status probably depends on how that one goes so if you want Samson, you'll be watching that one closely.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
can't honestly believe Frost can talk any WR into coming here. pretty impressive how the coaches can gloss over so many reasons a WR would not want to come here.
0 passing TDs last year? A running QB? The best WR on the team transfers every year? Bottom of the league in passing attempts and completions? more losses than wins? I think the kids are buying whatever the coaches are selling and not doing any research of their own. Either the salesmanship of these coaches is off the charts or the recruits are honestly just ignorant and easy to take advantage of

can't honestly believe Frost can talk any WR into coming here. pretty impressive how the coaches can gloss over so many reasons a WR would not want to come here.
0 passing TDs last year? A running QB? The best WR on the team transfers every year? Bottom of the league in passing attempts and completions? more losses than wins? I think the kids are buying whatever the coaches are selling and not doing any research of their own. Either the salesmanship of these coaches is off the charts or the recruits are honestly just ignorant and easy to take advantage of
Why do you post this same take in almost every thread?

- In 2018 Morgan and Spiellmann where second and third team all big ten with Martinez at QB and Morgan over 1000 yards and Spiellman close. I believe Frost coached that team.

- In 2017 UCF TE first team all conference and WR was second team with Milton winning conference player of the year. I believe Frost was the head coach of that team.

- While OC at Oregon from 2013 to 2015
-Two second team all conference WR in 2015
- All conference TE 2013
Mariota was player of year multiple years

So in the 8 years he has been a head coach or coordinator he has had 7 WR/TE's make all conference teams and a QB that was player of year three times. He has also had more all conference selections at WR in his first three years then Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Northwestern combined over that period.

In the last two years we have had major issues at oline and have been forced to play very borderline players at WR. Our best WR over that period was a 5'6 slot that also played RB. I cannot wait to see what he can do now that Toure, Manning, Martin and Betts are game ready. I will predict that at least one of Manning and Martin are added to Frost list of conference players in 2021.

He's not getting the Buckeyes offer. I believe Ohio State is trying to keep Samson's best friend, Quinn Ewers, happy by "entertaining" the notion of an offer and letting Logan visit with him.

Now... I could see a situation in the Fall where Ohio State offers. Imo, Samson is about to have a monster season and will be difficult to keep.

Reactions: TheBeav815
CBs out there for Grant Page to be N, including Wiltfong…. so signs are that’s a done deal.

I’m picturing a situation where even with a small class, they’ll leave a couple spots for “best available” players.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Carson Hegerle from Fargo, North Dakota worked out at DB because Frost told him they were full at WR.

Grant Page from Boulder, CO is getting Crystal Balls to Nebraska from in the past week. From what I understand, Nebraska was only taking 2 WR and with Brown in and Page heading that way, not sure there will be room for Samson if Page beats him to the punch.

He's not getting the Buckeyes offer. I believe Ohio State is trying to keep Samson's best friend, Quinn Ewers, happy by "entertaining" the notion of an offer and letting Logan visit with him.

Now... I could see a situation in the Fall where Ohio State offers. Imo, Samson is about to have a monster season and will be difficult to keep.
Couldn't possibly be more wrong. Ewers is firmly in the fold regardless of what happens with Samson. Quinn understands this is a business and Ohio State doesn't play those games-they take the best players, end of story. Kojo Antwi is who Brian Hartline wants to finish off their receiver group for 2022 and if they don't feel like they can get him they may move on to their next option which may or may not be Landon Samson. If they don't think he can play at that level and they have better options they won't take him. You'll have to wait and see on Antwi who might be a tough pull away from Alabama or Georgia.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Wouldn't be so sure on that. Brian Hartline wants one more WR in the OSU class and they're hosting Georgia WR Kojo Antwi on an official this weekend. Samson's status probably depends on how that one goes so if you want Samson, you'll be watching that one closely.

If Page commits, we won't have room for Samson, regardless of whether OSU offers. Samson could have committed here, but seems like he would rather wait and see if he will get better offers.

It’s really, really easy to look up last year’s statistics/rankings.

Our passing offense blows, sure, but going 0-for-3 when referencing stats is much worse.

Reactions: arf_man
- In 2018 Morgan and Spiellmann where second and third team all big ten with Martinez at QB and Morgan over 1000 yards and Spiellman close. I believe Frost coached that team.

- In 2017 UCF TE first team all conference and WR was second team with Milton winning conference player of the year. I believe Frost was the head coach of that team.

- While OC at Oregon from 2013 to 2015
-Two second team all conference WR in 2015
- All conference TE 2013
Mariota was player of year multiple years

So in the 8 years he has been a head coach or coordinator he has had 7 WR/TE's make all conference teams and a QB that was player of year three times. He has also had more all conference selections at WR in his first three years then Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Northwestern combined over that period.

In the last two years we have had major issues at oline and have been forced to play very borderline players at WR. Our best WR over that period was a 5'6 slot that also played RB. I cannot wait to see what he can do now that Toure, Manning, Martin and Betts are game ready. I will predict that at least one of Manning and Martin are added to Frost list of conference players in 2021.
Was I the only one who saw the irony that this info comes from poundtherock? Lol well done

Self deprecation around here solid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT