ADVERTISEMENT

Commit from Iowa

Try not to get to upset, I’m sure Nebraska will beat Iowa again someday. Won’t be this year or next year , but maybe in a few years you’ll pull off the upset. Hang in there.
Don’t be shocked if Nebraska wins this season. With your offense anything can happen. Get ready for the Illini to win at IC!!! Kind of like Purdue a few years ago.

Having a Georgia offer shows me something but not yet having an Iowa offer is interesting as well.

Why all the arguing over this stuff? I don't get it. Does it make people feel better who did or didn't offer?

From all of my reading about this process - offers are self-reported, not reported by the school so we have no idea if they are any kind of real and commitable offer. Nebraska has made so many offers, one can't keep track of them and there must be multiple categories for all of these offers, if indeed they are truly offers. There is simply no way for us to know anything about any of this.

Obviously the top players who list multiple schools are probably accurate but really, in the end, we simply do not know except from those who report the exact truth.

I feel great, we get who we want from the state of Iowa almost always. Ferentz didn’t feel this o-lineman was worthy of an offer so that’s good enough for me.

I do feel good for the kid though, at least he got offer from a program aspiring to make a bowl. Maybe he can help lift you to the six win threshold.

And in two weeks when the Hawks kick the Huskers around, again, I’ll feel even better. In case you forgot, that will make it five straight Hawk wins and six of last seven over your Huskers.

So angry. But I get it... your brother is plowing your girl and you can't do anything about it because he would just whip your butt.

Maybe so, but Iowa has a better shot at winning anything of significance than Nebraska.

Nebraska should be happy to win anything period.
Not really. Not when you are totally happy with your 7-8 wins until the end of time. No one here is impressed with that, so you might as well go pound your chest on your own board, where someone might care.

Have you seen Iowa win a National Title? I have watched NU win 3 times. You??

Haha, that was in the 90’s and has no impact on chances going forward.

I have no expectations Iowa will win a national championship, I will hope like hell but I have sense, unlike most Husker fans.

Nebraska will also not win a national championship. Times have changed and the sooner you realize that the sooner you’ll stop firing coaches every few years.

This has been fun. I’ll be back next week when we can talk about our teams kicking the others ass on the field. And one of us will actually believe it.

Iowa didn't officially offer but they were 100% recruiting him. Iowa will probably still offer but one of the Iowa folks that cover Iowa recruiting mentioned he didn't grow up an Iowa fan and even if that offer did come it likely wouldn't make any difference. He seems solid to Nebraska.
This

I have no expectations Iowa will win a national championship, I will hope like hell but I have sense, unlike most Husker fans.

Nebraska will also not win a national championship. Times have changed and the sooner you realize that the sooner you’ll stop firing coaches every few years.

This has been fun. I’ll be back next week when we can talk about our teams kicking the others ass on the field. And one of us will actually believe it.
Iowa is like Nebraska under Pelini. Decent.

So you know you will never see a National Championship. Sad.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Like I said my mistake and if you read my previous post I think they are still evaluating him. We have 2 OL recruits for 2021, but that does not mean anything. So he has another year left to get an offer from the Hawks, and who know what happens. Probably stays with the Huskers, but December 2021 is a long ways off. I have no idea what Henry wants to do, and probably no one here as well. We have lost recruits before and I am not say you will.

Again my mistake, must be the beer I am still drinking celebrating our win yesterday over the Gophers.

Good luck this weekend against the Terps.

And again you are wrong with information. December 2021, he will be enrolled at Nebraska by June 2021. December 2020 is the important date for 2021 recruits and that is just over 12 months away.

But please enlighten us with more of your inaccurate information and opinions

So............. does this kid still sign with Nebraska when the assts that recruited him get fired? I've read on this forum that those two assts need to be canned.

He beat Iowa once didn’t he? And wasn’t it because Pierson el went off ?
3-1 against Iowa. Beating 7-6 (by 13), 4-8 (by 6), and a 7-6 (by 3 in OT) Iowa teams. Lost the one to 8-5 (by 21) at home. Really owned them. Lol. Still pisses me off that Kirk kept kicking to DPE. The 2012 Nebraska team was 9-2 and 4-8 Iowa almost beat them. The 38-17 drubbing was against a 9 win Nebraska team in Lincoln too. Totally “owned” them.

3-1 against Iowa. Beating 7-6 (by 13), 4-8 (by 6), and a 7-6 (by 3 in OT) Iowa teams. Lost the one to 8-5 (by 21) at home. Really owned them. Lol. Still pisses me off that Kirk kept kicking to DPE. The 2012 Nebraska team was 9-2 and 4-8 Iowa almost beat them. The 38-17 drubbing was against a 9 win Nebraska team in Lincoln too. Totally “owned” them.
Yes, we agree. Pelini was an average football coach, at best, and still owned Iowa.

I don’t know. It really seems like we need an influx of talent at the WR position.

Oh heck, I really don't know either. I need to learn It's just not a good idea to "assume". :) But to be sure, better talent for the WRs is a very good thing.

I stand most humbly corrected sir.

Oh heck, I really don't know either. I need to learn It's just not a good idea to "assume". :) But to be sure, better talent for the WRs is a very good thing.

I stand most humbly corrected sir.
Kind of a jerk response, but yes, our WRs aren’t very good and they aren’t going to magically become good because other units play better.

Last edited:
Pretty sad that KF had that many shitty teams that late in his tenure. Very average always!!

Nate is wrong. Believe what you want, I don’t really care, just letting you know the facts.

But ask yourself, do you really believe an o-lineman from Iowa would go to Nebraska over Iowa? I don’t either.
LOL. Iowa is not known outside the Midwest, so yes.

Pretty sad that KF had that many shitty teams that late in his tenure. Very average always!!
You’ll get that when you can’t translate winning into good recruiting classes. The good thing is that classes ranked in the 50’s and 60’s aren’t happening. Now it’s just reload on defense and hope to find a mobile QB to go with the young weapons on offense.

Yes Sir! I think that unit is a lot closer than most perceive. All five starters back and I almost guarantee at lest one current starter gets passed up.

More than one current starter better be passed up or we will still be trying to throw bubble screens on 4th and 2.

You’ll get that when you can’t translate winning into good recruiting classes. The good thing is that classes ranked in the 50’s and 60’s aren’t happening. Now it’s just reload on defense and hope to find a mobile QB to go with the young weapons on offense.
LOL, "Re-load" and win 7 or 8 games. Is there more legacy recruits out there???

ADVERTISEMENT