ADVERTISEMENT

Commit from Iowa

You only have two spots left in the 2021 class?

That is what they are saying. Now you never know if players go in the transfer portal or whatever. Right now, we would be at 89 scholarship players if we sign everyone and no one leaves. So we are 4 over, but we have 22 commits as of today. It is always a game and who knows. Long way until early signing date. Any thing can change. But I like the early signing date.

You only have two spots left in the 2021 class?

Sorry you are right, I was talking about 2020. Forgot he was a 2021 recruit, so that is why I do not think they have told him they are still evaluating him in my earlier post.

That is what they are saying. Now you never know if players go in the transfer portal or whatever. Right now, we would be at 89 scholarship players if we sign everyone and no one leaves. So we are 4 over, but we have 22 commits as of today. It is always a game and who knows. Long way until early signing date. Any thing can change. But I like the early signing date.
I believe you are confusing the 2020 class with the 2021 class, which this commit is in.

It is interesting that you are informed enough to know he doesn’t really have an offer from Iowa, but not informed enough to know which class he is in.

I believe you are confusing the 2020 class with the 2021 class, which this commit is in.

It is interesting that you are informed enough to know he doesn’t really have an offer from Iowa, but not informed enough to know which class he is in.

Like I said my mistake and if you read my previous post I think they are still evaluating him. We have 2 OL recruits for 2021, but that does not mean anything. So he has another year left to get an offer from the Hawks, and who know what happens. Probably stays with the Huskers, but December 2021 is a long ways off. I have no idea what Henry wants to do, and probably no one here as well. We have lost recruits before and I am not say you will.

Again my mistake, must be the beer I am still drinking celebrating our win yesterday over the Gophers.

Good luck this weekend against the Terps.

DL last year OL this year. Even though you have been better recently, Iowa kids would still rather play for Nebraska. How does that make you feel?

I feel great, we get who we want from the state of Iowa almost always. Ferentz didn’t feel this o-lineman was worthy of an offer so that’s good enough for me.

I do feel good for the kid though, at least he got offer from a program aspiring to make a bowl. Maybe he can help lift you to the six win threshold.

And in two weeks when the Hawks kick the Huskers around, again, I’ll feel even better. In case you forgot, that will make it five straight Hawk wins and six of last seven over your Huskers.

Reactions: mmotto
I feel great, we get who we want from the state of Iowa almost always. Ferentz didn’t feel this o-lineman was worthy of an offer so that’s good enough for me.

I do feel good for the kid though, at least he got offer from a program aspiring to make a bowl. Maybe he can help lift you to the six win threshold.

And in two weeks when the Hawks kick the Huskers around, again, I’ll feel even better. In case you forgot, that will make it five straight Hawk wins and six of last seven over your Huskers.
season ends today, georgia's in the playoffs. yet, he'd rather play in Lincoln.

excited for your banner hanging ceremony for this year's outback bowl participation! a can't-miss event in iowa city!

I'm sorry, did you say something, dick?
vlcsnap-2013-09-23-22h31m36s48.png

So you believe either he lied to the services about his Iowa offer or Iowa message board posters know more about this recruitment than the services and the kid himself.

I want that run game. We need another 1-2 RBs along side Mills and just pound the rock. We need to average 220+ yards on the ground.

What we desperately need are two WRs that can stretch the field .

Well sir, as you know, when we start having good success running the ball our wrs should get more open & our qb having more time to throw the ball. I bet they will......

Well sir, as you know, when we start having good success running the ball our wrs should get more open & our qb having more time to throw the ball. I bet they will......
I don’t know. It really seems like we need an influx of talent at the WR position.

Reactions: Red I 73
Nate is wrong. Believe what you want, I don’t really care, just letting you know the facts.

But ask yourself, do you really believe an o-lineman from Iowa would go to Nebraska over Iowa? I don’t either.

or maybe you’re wrong? I’d take the word of a Rivals employee over a person posting on the free board. Regardless, this guys a good Oline prospect.

Nebraska offered 5 Iowa kids in the 2020 class. One went to Nebraska, one to ISU, three to Iowa. Nebraska’s is the 6th rated player in the state.

2019 had three offers and you got the third rated guy.

2021 Frost currently has 8 offers out including a commit from the fourth rated player.

lmfao...yeah Blaise Gunnerson is definitely the best or top 2-3 in Iowa. He’s no where close to 6th best...that’s just laughable. Once Blaise Gunnerson gets his update, he will definitely be top 1-3 in Iowa on Rivals, just like he is on 24/7 (which he’s 4 star ranked in the top 138 in the country on 24/7s rankings). He is definitely as good or better then Logan Jones from Iowa.

And I’m curious how any of that’s bad what you mentioned? Iowa has offered majority of the same players we have. Let’s not even get into a pissing match over recruiting rankings...because Nebraska always beats out Iowa when it comes to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: steelclaw
Iowa didn't officially offer but they were 100% recruiting him. Iowa will probably still offer but one of the Iowa folks that cover Iowa recruiting mentioned he didn't grow up an Iowa fan and even if that offer did come it likely wouldn't make any difference. He seems solid to Nebraska.

Reactions: steelclaw
So you believe Gunnerson, an Army All-American, is the 6th best player in Iowa?
I’ve never seen him play. People that get paid to rank kids ranked him 6th. Hasn’t he been injured a ton the past two years? Does anyone really even know yet?

Also, does being invited to one of the major All-Star games gaurantee success at the next level?

It warms my heart that you guys care so much about whether or not Iowa offers. The fact of the matter is that they haven’t. It has zero baring on whether or not he will be good or not. Seems like a good pickup.

I’ve never seen him play. People that get paid to rank kids ranked him 6th. Hasn’t he been injured a ton the past two years? Does anyone really even know yet?

Also, does being invited to one of the major All-Star games gaurantee success at the next level?

Dude even Rivals admitted they where not sure how to rank him because of his junior year and the fact he didn’t play a down. They haven’t done their updates yet. 24/7 has done theirs and he’s now number 2 in Iowa and ranked top 136 player in the country and a 4 star player. He’s every bit as good as Logan Jones or better. And the same goes for Logan Jones my man. Everything you’re saying about Gunnerson applies to Logan Jones as well.

Last edited:
Dude even Rivals admitted they where not sure how to rank him because of his junior year and the fact he didn’t play a down. They haven’t done their updates yet. 24/7 has done theirs and he’s now number 2 in Iowa and ranked top 136 player in the country. He’s every bit as good as Logan Jones or better.
remind me, does 24/7 pay their people to rank players? can't remember.

It warms my heart that you guys care so much about whether or not Iowa offers. The fact of the matter is that they haven’t. It has zero baring on whether or not he will be good or not. Seems like a good pickup.

I’m pretty sure if was one of you’re Iowa tards that came running and claiming Iowa didn’t and then turned into a pissing match. None the less, I could give a crap less if Iowa did or didn’t. He’s a solid prospect at Guard position.

Reactions: headcard
Try not to get to upset, I’m sure Nebraska will beat Iowa again someday. Won’t be this year or next year , but maybe in a few years you’ll pull off the upset. Hang in there.

nice cop out. Flip it into a thing about him being upset...lmfao...But he’s dead on. By your logic, Iowa wouldn’t ever get Offensive guys...oh wait, players look past stats and struggles and some see early playing time. That’s how recruiting goes.

And it warms our hearths that you guys feel the need to run over here and tell us he didn’t really have an Iowa offer and you didn’t want him anyway. I’m sure you would love us doing that, if you ever landed a recruit we were after.

Reactions: huskerssalts
And it warms our hearths that you guys feel the need to run over here and tell us he didn’t really have an Iowa offer and you didn’t want him anyway. I’m sure you would love us doing that, if you ever landed a recruit we were after.

And right there is the biggest difference between Husker fans and Iowa Suckeye fans. They come running for our boards while Husker fans don’t go running or their boards (outside a couple bad apples).

Reactions: headcard
I actually saw it here first. I can’t tell if you’re being serious with your last statement. See multiple kids from Iowa that both have offered that committed to Iowa.

I actually saw it here first. I can’t tell if you’re being serious with your last statement. See multiple kids from Iowa that both have offered that committed to Iowa.
No those weren’t actual offers. We weren’t interested and those guys and they aren’t good enough to play here.

Reactions: huskerssalts
The fact the Georgia Bulldogs offered him shows me enough. Those guys aren’t exactly a small fish in the pond. Again, if Iowa didn’t offer, it had to be because he had no Interest in them at all. That does happen at times.

Reactions: WHCSC
What recruit does not have a Nebraska offer?

ADVERTISEMENT