ADVERTISEMENT

Colton Feist Hangs 'Em Up

I’m not sure that playing true freshmen on defense helps them develop all that much more than practice reps and time in the weight room.
True. I haven't looked at the grades for our current dline (and who knows what we might still get in the portal) but what about reps for redshirt freshmen or sophomores?

If a sixth year senior plays a ton of reps for a slightly better chance of beating a bad Illinois team next year, that's not aiding the development of those guys.

Reactions: king_kong_
How many times have I read this same prediction the last 5 years?

People are so terrified about having even the lamest of expectations

N Illinois (2-6 in the MAC)
La Tech - (2-6 in CUSA)
Colorado - (1-11) - coached by Deion Sanders

Iowa - we beat on the road last year - head coach Ferentz - lost their starting QB
NW - (1-11 last year)
Illinois - lost their starting QB and all american RB
Purdue - lost their starting QB - head coach with zero experience
Wisconsin - lost by one last year - lost their starting QB - Trev decided Rhule > Fickell
Minnesota - lost their O line - coached by the guy everyone says is a fraud
Mich State
Maryland

we are gifted 3 non-conf wins - then just need to go 3-6 in conference - something a team that was coached by Scott Frost was able to achieve 4 of his 5 years -- if we can't expect at least what Scott Frost was able to achieve in the BIG while in the midst of alcoholism then what are we even doing - we should have just hired some local high school coach for a 100K

if we can't find 6 wins next year then the Rhule hire is a big ???? pending year 2 and 3 results

Last edited:
People are so terrified about having even the lamest of expectations

N Illinois (2-6 in the MAC)
La Tech - (2-6 in CUSA)
Colorado - (1-11) - coached by Deion Sanders

we are gifted 3 wins - then just need to go 3-6 in conference - something a team that was coached by Scott Frost was able to achieve 4 of his 5 years -- if we can't expect at least what Scott Frost was able to achieve in the midst of alcoholism then what are we even doing - we should have just hired some local high school coach for a 100K

Iowa - we beat on the road last year - head coach Ferentz - lost their starting QB
NW - (1-11 last year)
Illinois - lost their starting QB and all american RB
Purdue - lost their starting QB - head coach with zero experience
Wisconsin - lost by one last year - lost their starting QB - Trev decided Rhule > Fickell
Minnesota - lost their O line - coached by the guy everyone says is a fraud
Mich State
Maryland

if we can't find 6 wins next year then the Rhule hire is a big ???? pending year 2 and 3 results

Perhaps you are rigjt and I'm rooting that you are, but Northwestern and Georgia Southern wanted me to pass along their best.

Perhaps you are rigjt and I'm rooting that you are, but Northwestern and Georgia Southern wanted me to pass along their best.

Tell them I said “hey”

I guess I am under the impression that we hired a massive upgrade in the coaching dept

We have an easier schedule with what is supposed to be much better coaching = 6 wins

Last edited:
Except for the exception of playing at Ohio St during the Covid Warren year, next years game in Minneapolis will be the toughest opener since Nebraska took on Oklahoma St in the 2003 conference season opener..

Tell them I said “hey”

I guess I am under the impression that we hired a massive upgrade in the coaching dept

We have an easier schedule with what is supposed to be much better coaching = 6 wins
Anyone who disagrees with this needs their head examined

Not to nitpick but I will just a little. In 1989, LB 247 moved Kearney State College into the Nebraska University System. After a NE Supreme Court review, KSC officially became UNK on July 1, 1991. Your point is still the same.

Also, Midland (not Midlands) Lutheran College was renamed to Midland University in 2010.
I stand corrected, you can see how much attention I pay to the state schools.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Because being a FBS P5 football player requires a lot of work. And the most difficult part starts next month. And I’m sure as hell Corey Campbell is going to have them on a totally different workout schedule. And I don’t care who you are, new workout plans are a lot of work.

Plus this was going to be his 6th year for a guy who spent 4 years basically not playing and had a lot injuries throughout. 6 years in college when your ready to start life, just seems too much. The irony is 20 years from now he will probably regret it. But you tend to think more big picture when you get older and more day to day when your young…

If the fires gone in the heart, it’s time to move on. Good luck to him

Because being a FBS P5 football player requires a lot of work. And the most difficult part starts next month. And I’m sure as hell Corey Campbell is going to have them on a totally different workout schedule. And I don’t care who you are, new workout plans are a lot of work.

Plus this was going to be his 6th year for a guy who spent 4 years basically not playing and had a lot injuries throughout. 6 years in college when your ready to start life, just seems too much. The irony is 20 years from now he will probably regret it. But you tend to think more big picture when you get older and more day to day when your young…

If the fires gone in the heart, it’s time to move on. Good luck to him
Yea but what about all the free meals and T-shirts?!?!? And the GIRLS?!?

Good for him. Cant say I blame him. When youre surrounded with "teammates" who care for nothing but themselves and the money theyre entitled to for playing college football it makes it hard to have any real comradery or real trust beyond a gets mine attitude. Throw in a new coach and system and he was like yeah, Ive had enough of this crap. Good ole Nerbaska U? Good ole whataver, theyre paying me U. Time to move on. Good choice buddy, I wouldnt want to be a part of that either.

He told me he can't say due to a non-disclosure agreement.
One wonders who this contract is with. This board? Why would they give 2 seconds thought and go through the expense. And why?
With his employer? So he isn't allowed to reveal who he works for? Kind of a tough career path I'd say.
Reminds me of this guy, kid really, who worked part time. He was not long out of high school. Told me he was a mathematician. He was no such thing but needed something to try and impress others and didn't have a real firm grasp of reality. He merely projected himself to be what he wasn't. Its called delusion of grandeur.
If I were to guess a profile I'd say this person is 18-22, lives at home, maybe drives, and does not have a full time job. Fascinated with subscriptions to recruiting services. Studies and spends time on it but is not in any way employed or paid in the field. It's a hobby but they've attached identification to it. Have a sense but not a good understanding of some of the terms they use. Aloofness to how their perceived allows a continuation of the mission despite the criticism they subject themselves to. Hard to dissuade as they manifest this persona in a fantasy world.

• Love
Reactions: dinglefritz
Good for him. Cant say I blame him. When youre surrounded with "teammates" who care for nothing but themselves and the money theyre entitled to for playing college football it makes it hard to have any real comradery or real trust beyond a gets mine attitude. Throw in a new coach and system and he was like yeah, Ive had enough of this crap. Good ole Nerbaska U? Good ole whataver, theyre paying me U. Time to move on. Good choice buddy, I wouldnt want to be a part of that either.
I take it you’re Trying to live up to your username.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT