ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado

I'm getting hyped for some redemption in Boulder. Fairly confident this game won't be close. They were a trainwreck to finish the season last year. Shenault is a gamer but that's all they have. They're going to have to score 40+ for this game to be competitive.

I have tickets but is anyone going to the watch party? Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see all the red in Boulder.
We will win. You will cry about something new related to the game. We will move on with our lives. You will dwell on it for years.

We miss 2 easy field goals our normally reliable kicker hits if he was healthy or the game "quite literally" wouldn't have been as close as it was.

Don’t even bring the ifs and buts to the discussion. In that case, had your POS LB not purposely hurt Martinez, Huskers win by two scores. So let’s leave the BS what if, coulda and shoulda crap out of this.

Was wondering when you were going to crawl out from the sewars. Us dwelling on the game is laughable coming from a fan base who holds 2001 more dear to them than your fraud MNC.

It’s funny how they hold onto that win last year...and I had plenty of Colorado fans admit their LB hurting Martinez like that with 3 minutes left in the game and the Huskers driving on them and about to go up two scores...win them the game. And that was year one with a bad Husker team. The Husker team now isn't anything like that team we fielded in game 1. This year could get very ugly for Colorado at Colorado. Colorado has a brand new Head Coach, all the off season trash talking and locker room material the Fluffs have given the Huskers, plus the memories of CUs LB purposely hurting Martinez and then bragging about it after the game...this could get very ugly for the Colorado Fluffs. GBR

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That game, 1997, and 1999 drove me nuts with how we blew big leads.

Didn't Frazier get hurt in the 1993 game?

I don’t think so just remember John Reese intercepting Kordell Stewart pass on their last possession...

That it will brotha....they couldn’t stop Adrain Martinez last year and that was game one...can you imagine how much worse it will be this year with a brand new Head Coach and systems?

an injured AM at that.

So what opponent were you talking about?

Game 1 was Colorado. Team with a brand new head coach and new systems tThis year is Colorado.

So what opponent were you talking about?

Game 1 was Colorado. Team with a brand new head coach and new systems tThis year is Colorado.

forgot bunch came in after the injury. thank you oh so very much for pointing that out. where would this board be without you, Tuco?

We will win. You will cry about something new related to the game. We will move on with our lives. You will dwell on it for years.

Hell, your pecker head brethren still talk about the game where cu lost due to a late 57 yard fg plus a late td by Suh. You dwell on Nebraska all the time or else you wouldn't even show up around here, dumbass.

Reactions: SOHusker11

Hell, your pecker head brethren still talk about the game where cu lost due to a late 57 yard fg plus a late td by Suh. You dwell on Nebraska all the time or else you wouldn't even show up around here, dumbass.

Don’t even bring the ifs and buts to the discussion. In that case, had your POS LB not purposely hurt Martinez, Huskers win by two scores. So let’s leave the BS what if, coulda and shoulda crap out of this.
Except your offense wasn't moving at the time he was hurt. Just got blown up on 4th and 2 and he threw a bad interception. If anything, he was rattled. Probably did your team a favor getting someone less rattled in there.

I draw you out like a bathtub river racing contest in Nebraska. By the way genius, it's "dumb-ass". Mensa Nollege for the big red college.

I draw you out like a bathtub river racing contest in Nebraska. By the way genius, it's "dumb-ass". Mensa Nollege for the big red college.
For you, it's just one word, that's all you can comprehend. But here you are again, so worried about Nebraska, you and your ilk dwell on them 24-7, 365 days a year.

Colorado gets mentioned and you come out like a zombie at night, never fails. Hilarious!

last thing, because a lot of us like to take into account what Vegas has to say:

Odds to win the PAC 12 South
Utah -200
USC +190
UCLA +500
Arizona +600
Arizona State +600
Colorado +2000

Odds to win the Big Ten West
Nebraska +250
Wisconsin +300
Purdue +300
Iowa +400
Minnesota +400
Northwestern +500
Illinois +2500

this is a demonstrably bad team, with perhaps 1 good player. it will be a blood bath in Boulder. CU may very well turn out to be the worst team we play all season.

Opener cxld by weather again then.

Except your offense wasn't moving at the time he was hurt. Just got blown up on 4th and 2 and he threw a bad interception. If anything, he was rattled. Probably did your team a favor getting someone less rattled in there.

Yes they where. Huskers where moving down the field AGAIN!!! We just got to the 50 yard line or farther, with 3:25-3:28 left in the 4th quarter and Huskers already up a score. We got a penalty on that play and we where looking at 1st down and 20 to go. Look at 1:10 on this clip and there is your proof. Just face it, Colorado could NOT stop Martinez and Colliers Biotch A$$ hurt him just to stop the Huskers from going up two scores with under 3 minutes to play.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
We are 49-19-2 against the Fluffs. This year will be back to business as usual. It won’t even be close. I do appreciate the balls on Scavenger to come talk shit when the Fluffs are such a dogshit program.
No balls needed. You were 4-8, lost a year ago, but as always believe you are better than everyone else. It's amusing. I would say you guys have balls to talk so much crap after winning 8 games in 2 years. Grounded you guys are not but it's what it is. Off season champions for the 80th year in a row. It's part of the entertainment of the game quite honestly. USC fans would have a bag over their heads the last 2 years, but NU fans find a way to pump themselves up despite the constant disappointment.

No balls needed. You were 4-8, lost a year ago, but as always believe you are better than everyone else. It's amusing. I would say you guys have balls to talk so much crap after winning 8 games in 2 years. Grounded you guys are not but it's what it is. Off season champions for the 80th year in a row. It's part of the entertainment of the game quite honestly. USC fans would have a bag over their heads the last 2 years, but NU fans find a way to pump themselves up despite the constant disappointment.

Funny since Colorado only won one more game then the Huskers last season, finished the season off losing the last 7 games in a row and lost by a total of 94-35 the final 3 games. Collier helped you guys win our game sure l but the Huskers are the ones who got better at the end while Colorado absolutely imploded. Can’t wait to blow you douches out this season...just wait for that sea of Red to take over your Colorado stadium again...GBR

Yes they where. Huskers where moving down the field AGAIN!!! We just got to the 50 yard line or farther, with 3:25-3:28 left in the 4th quarter and Huskers already up a score. We got a penalty on that play and we where looking at 1st down and 20 to go. Look at 1:10 on this clip and there is your proof. Just face it, Colorado could NOT stop Martinez and Colliers Biotch A$$ hurt him just to stop the Huskers from going up two scores with under 3 minutes to play.

You scored only 7 points in the 2nd half. You were only 2 for 9 on 3rd and 4th down conversions.
Before Martinez was hurt, you executed 13 plays for 53 yards in the previous 3 drives. After he was hurt, you executed 8 plays for 44 yards. Yes, you did better AFTER he was hurt. Those 3 drives resulted in: loss of downs, interception, and punt. You were not moving the ball well at all and Martinez was painfully ineffective once CU figured him out. We had no film on what you guys were doing and all adjustments were made at halftime. The result: you had about 1/2 as many yards and points in the 2nd half. Not sure what you were trying to show in that video when there are game stats that show every drive.

Funny since Colorado only won one more game then the Huskers last season, finished the season off losing the last 7 games in a row and lost by a total of 94-35 the final 3 games. Collier helped you guys win our game sure l but the Huskers are the ones who got better at the end while Colorado absolutely imploded. Can’t wait to blow you douches out this season...just wait for that sea of Red to take over your Colorado stadium again...GBR
You were going to lose that game no matter what. You were reeling as proven in another post. Thank goodness we aren't playing at the end of last year. We'll be playing in September. The team will be healthy and you will be crying about something else.

Colorado is not a good team and it shouldn’t be close. If it is or if we lose, It might be another rough year for us.
I agree with this 100%. In general they are not a good program. Last year they took a nose dive the back half of the year. They have a 1st year coach. In general year 1 coaches struggle. Plus their recruiting classes have ranked in the 40s or worst most years. So in my opinion combining all that, there is really no reason we should lose this game. Especially if the team is heading in the right direction. The ONLY advantage they have over us is altitude. If we don't have a good sized lead going into the 4th I could see our guys getting gassed and struggling.
I have been saying for awhile that I feel the CU game will be great measuring stick for how this year plays out. Granted as we found out the back half of last year things can drastically change from one part of the year to the other. I think if we want this year to go like we all hope it will, this is a game we need to come out and get a decisive win .

You scored only 7 points in the 2nd half. You were only 2 for 9 on 3rd and 4th down conversions.
Before Martinez was hurt, you executed 13 plays for 53 yards in the previous 3 drives. After he was hurt, you executed 8 plays for 44 yards. Yes, you did better AFTER he was hurt. Those 3 drives resulted in: loss of downs, interception, and punt. You were not moving the ball well at all and Martinez was painfully ineffective once CU figured him out. We had no film on what you guys were doing and all adjustments were made at halftime. The result: you had about 1/2 as many yards and points in the 2nd half. Not sure what you were trying to show in that video when there are game stats that show every drive.

Did you not watch the clip...it was 1st down and 20 and the way Martinez was torching you guys...he could have easily pulled off that 1st down and 20. But to claim Bunch did better after he was hurt is laughable. But what ever makes you feel better my friend. Simply put, your guys LB saved the game for you guys. Plain and simple ;)

You were going to lose that game no matter what. You were reeling as proven in another post. Thank goodness we aren't playing at the end of last year. We'll be playing in September. The team will be healthy and you will be crying about something else.

Colorado isn’t going to win...not with that thin defense, brand new Head Coach and all the crap talk you been spewing out of your mouths all off season long. You guys gave the Huskers and Frost plenty of lock room material fire up any team in D1 football.

Not to mention losing your final 7 games in a row...Colorado has a LOT prove before anyone takes that joke team for real.

the hero absolutely nobody asked for.

thank you for your service
Well first you told me that you won’t even talking about the Colorado game, when I asked a simple question about Martinez being injured. Then when pressed you changed your mind to you forgot Bunch went into the game. Which was it? Just trying to keep up with the conversation

Well first you told me that you won’t even talking about the Colorado game, when I asked a simple question about Martinez being injured. Then when pressed you changed your mind to you forgot Bunch went into the game. Which was it? Just trying to keep up with the conversation

Same players, different Head Coach and systems. Most team I seen tend to struggle and/or do worse during year 1 of rebuilds. I don’t see Colorado’s Head Coach being the exception...not when this same Colorado team that went 0-7 and lost by a total of 94-35 their final 3 games. But that’s just me...myself I didn’t realize Top_Gun said Martinez was out the whole game or what ever it was you was busting his balls about. That Didn’t really matter to be honest. By point was Martinez got hurt at the worst possible moment when we where about to go up two scores on Colorado with under 3 minutes left to play in the game.

Last edited:
Im going to try and say this and not come off as a dick, because it is not my intent. I am really just curious. I know like every other fan bases CU probably has unrealistic/ bias views of their program. From an outsider perspective it seems unimaginable that CU has much of chance against Neb this year. Or that they really have much of a chance to improve over last years record. When looking at everything as realistically as possible.

CU took a nose dive last year and as stated lost the last 7. Were outscored by a ton in those losses.
Nebraska went 4-2 and lost by a combined 8 points. 1 of those losses being to the # 8 team in the country.

CU has a 1st year HC with zero college HC experience. As history has shown throughout college football, first year coaches tend to struggle greatly year 1. Hell even Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama. Nebraska has a 2nd year HC who has a proven history at the college level as an assistant and HC.

CU averaged recruiting classes in the 40s most years and Neb in the 20s.

Nebraska has basically their whole team from last year coming back, with some huge talent additions who came in and will probably contribute as True Freshmen. I can't comment on CU returning team, because I honestly don't know who you have returning or who you lost.

The only advantage I see the buffs having over us is altitude. Even location, I feel will basically be a home game for us as it is estimated 30,000+ Neb fans could invade.
While I see Mel Tucker improving the buffs I find it tough to believe, all things considered that he will drastically turn them around year 1. I just think Nebraska is farther ahead in the turn around process with a team who on paper has more talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerssalts
What is it with fans of inferior programs always wanting to ride our jock? Sorry your team sucked for so many years, but no we don’t like you or respect your fandom. All these fans of teams who haven’t even made it out of the teens for total wins against Nebraska. Ridiculous.

Im going to try and say this and not come off as a dick, because it is not my intent. I am really just curious. I know like every other fan bases CU probably has unrealistic/ bias views of their program. From an outsider perspective it seems unimaginable that CU has much of chance against Neb this year. Or that they really have much of a chance to improve over last years record. When looking at everything as realistically as possible.

CU took a nose dive last year and as stated lost the last 7. Were outscored by a ton in those losses.
Nebraska went 4-2 and lost by a combined 8 points. 1 of those losses being to the # 8 team in the country.

CU has a 1st year HC with zero college HC experience. As history has shown throughout college football, first year coaches tend to struggle greatly year 1. Hell even Saban went 6-6 his first year at Alabama. Nebraska has a 2nd year HC who has a proven history at the college level as an assistant and HC.

CU averaged recruiting classes in the 40s most years and Neb in the 20s.

Nebraska has basically their whole team from last year coming back, with some huge talent additions who came in and will probably contribute as True Freshmen. I can't comment on CU returning team, because I honestly don't know who you have returning or who you lost.

The only advantage I see the buffs having over us is location and altitude. While I see Mel Tucker improving the buffs I find it tough to believe, all things considered that he will drastically turn them around year 1. I just think Nebraska is farther ahead in the turn around process with a team who on paper has more talent.

And that’s just it my friend. And Scott Frost is no dummy when it comes to Colorado and their altitude issues. He played against Colorado as a player and coached against Colorado while at Oregon Ducks. Frost knows what to do to have the Huskers ready...GBR

Reactions: husker2612

Haha. You guys should where bags over your head every year. Good luck against CSU, I bet it’ll be close. I’ll laugh so hard if you lose to them, which you could.

Same players, different Head Coach and systems. Most team I seen tend to struggle and/or do worse during year 1 of rebuilds. I don’t see Colorado’s Head Coach being the exception...not when this same Colorado team went 0-7 and lost by a total of 94-35 their final 3 games. But that’s just me...myself I didn’t realize Top_Gun said Martinez was out the whole game or what ever it was you was busting his balls about. That Didn’t really matter to be honest. By point was Martinez got hurt at the worst possible moment when we where about to go up two scores on Colorado with under 3 minutes left to play in the game.

I wasn’t busting anybody’s balls. I asked was Martinez injured before the Colorado game, I don’t remember him being injured going into the game. That’s it. He then came up with some BS about you and he were even talking about the Colorado game. I called him on the BS and he then changed his tune about not realizing Bunch came into the game.

All he had to do is say no Martinez didn’t have an injury coming into the Colorado game. Instead of trying to pick a fight with me. Which he lost decisively.

As far as anything in your post outside of that I did not dispute or question any of that.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
And that’s just it my friend. And Scott Frost is no dummy when it comes to Colorado and their altitude issues. He played against Colorado as a player and coached against Colorado while at Oregon Ducks. Frost knows what to do to have the Huskers ready...GBR
Good point forgot he has already coached against them. Plus played there.

Reactions: huskerssalts
That is because we are true fans of our team and support them in good seasons and in bad. Unlike CU that can’t even fill its high school sized stadium in a good year... which doesn’t come around for you guys very often.

ADVERTISEMENT