ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado

SkerInCo

Graduate Assistant
Apr 26, 2004
I'm getting hyped for some redemption in Boulder. Fairly confident this game won't be close. They were a trainwreck to finish the season last year. Shenault is a gamer but that's all they have. They're going to have to score 40+ for this game to be competitive.

I have tickets but is anyone going to the watch party? Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see all the red in Boulder.

I expect a tough, close game. Nebraska players hopefully will be well hydrated and have plenty of oxygen on the sideline to carry them through the 4th quarter.
Maybe we can take the helium the haters don't want us to put in balloons and figure out a way to swap out Buffy's oxygen

I'm getting hyped for some redemption in Boulder. Fairly confident this game won't be close. They were a trainwreck to finish the season last year. Shenault is a gamer but that's all they have. They're going to have to score 40+ for this game to be competitive.

I have tickets but is anyone going to the watch party? Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see all the red in Boulder.

Laviska Shenault Jr. is NFL-ready. Sure hope our boys are ready for him.

I think we lose... but I’m a glass empty
And crud on the inside guy

I don't see us winning at CU. That QB and Shennault will have big games.
075d314d8cf08d784c4113c6bc3b6c68.jpg

This game will not be close, Nebraska by 3 or 4 touchdowns. The strength training of Nebraska under Duvall will dominate the gummy bear training of Colorado. GBR

Altitude is a viable concern, but CU literally has no depth. They might have the least experienced scholarship depth on defense that Nebraska faces all season.
Oh, I agree completely. I just have memories of some pretty decent NU teams doing a fourth quarter fade in Boulder. We always seemed to win, mainly because we had built up a sizable lead before hand. Please don’t ask me to give an example. Lol. This goes in the category of subjective memories and vague remembrances. Heck, It think some of those CU comebacks happened in Lincoln... 2003???

Reactions: cpwnedoc
Oh, I agree completely. I just have memories of some pretty decent NU teams doing a fourth quarter fade in Boulder. We always seemed to win, mainly because we had built up a sizable lead before hand. Please don’t ask me to give an example. Lol. This goes in the category of subjective memories and vague remembrances. Heck, It think some of those CU comebacks happened in Lincoln... 2003???

In 2000, we even did it in lincoln

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Guess I was wrong. That was back and forth the whole game.

How about 1993 game that was a cliff hanger...

Altitude is a viable concern, but CU literally has no depth. They might have the least experienced scholarship depth on defense that Nebraska faces all season.

it's not. oregon state, a team that sucks horrendously, came back and beat CU in the 2nd half down by 28 last year.

this team blows, no natural 'advantage' can save them.

Montez's passing totals in each game last year:

Montez
Montez 351
Montez 166
Montez 237
Montez 328
Montez 170
Montez 144
Montez 319
Montez 343
Montez 199
Montez 84
Montez 170

People truly, honestly think this is someone to fear? Give me a break.

In addition to the above, they scored exactly 7 points in 2 of their last 3 games.

And, lest we all forget, we HAD THEM BEAT but for a 25yd penalty on 4th down in our first game of the Frost/Martinez era during which we played as bad and sloppy as we could have.

CU is horrible. Laviska isn't Johnny Rodgers. The altitude won't help.

Reactions: Sinomatic and K_Y_E
Montez's passing totals in each game last year:

Montez
Montez 351
Montez 166
Montez 237
Montez 328
Montez 170
Montez 144
Montez 319
Montez 343
Montez 199
Montez 84
Montez 170

People truly, honestly think this is someone to fear? Give me a break.

I’m not worried one bit. Those two did pretty well against our DBs last year but that was game one and our Huskers where a completely different team when we played Iowa compared to that first game. We have solid Group of DBs, a deep and talented Dline and a very dangerous Offense. Colorado couldn’t stop Martinez last year and it will be even worse this year. Huskers by 10-14 points easy. GBR

Last edited:
I’m interested to watch CU-CSU. If CSU even keeps it close, that will tell you what kind of team the Buffs are. CSU is absolute garbage.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
In addition to the above, they scored exactly 7 points in 2 of their last 3 games.

And, lest we all forget, we HAD THEM BEAT but for a 25yd penalty on 4th down in our first game of the Frost/Martinez era during which we played as bad and sloppy as we could have.

CU is horrible. Laviska isn't Johnny Rodgers. The altitude won't help.

last thing, because a lot of us like to take into account what Vegas has to say:

Odds to win the PAC 12 South
Utah -200
USC +190
UCLA +500
Arizona +600
Arizona State +600
Colorado +2000

Odds to win the Big Ten West
Nebraska +250
Wisconsin +300
Purdue +300
Iowa +400
Minnesota +400
Northwestern +500
Illinois +2500

this is a demonstrably bad team, with perhaps 1 good player. it will be a blood bath in Boulder. CU may very well turn out to be the worst team we play all season.

last thing, because a lot of us like to take into account what Vegas has to say:

Odds to win the PAC 12 South
Utah -200
USC +190
UCLA +500
Arizona +600
Arizona State +600
Colorado +2000

Odds to win the Big Ten West
Nebraska +250
Wisconsin +300
Purdue +300
Iowa +400
Minnesota +400
Northwestern +500
Illinois +2500

this is a demonstrably bad team, with perhaps 1 good player. it will be a blood bath in Boulder.

That it will brotha....they couldn’t stop Adrain Martinez last year and that was game one...can you imagine how much worse it will be this year with a brand new Head Coach and systems?

One thing none of us our mentioning here, Scott Frost is very familiar with Colorado and what it takes to play at Boulder. He coached at Oregon for how long and was a player himself that played at Boulder. Frost knows what it is like and what it will take to keep our guys hydrated and all that. Plus all the Colorado players we have on the team? Those guys will have us ready, Scott Frost will have our players ready and good to go. Believe that...GBR!!!

Last edited:
Quite literally “gave” the game away last season. A good low penalty, 3 TD win would be nice. I was in Boulder in 2010 and had a great time, doubt I’ll make it this year. GBR.
We miss 2 easy field goals our normally reliable kicker hits if he was healthy or the game "quite literally" wouldn't have been as close as it was.

ADVERTISEMENT