ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado HS Football and Volleyball moved to late winter/spring

I don't understand how spring football is going to possibly work in highschool or college. Highschool is more possible. Most places you are not going to be able to start at the earliest mid march due to weather. Unless the northern schools work out deals with southern schools to play there. For argument sake lets say they start the season March 1st. If they play a full 12 game season the soonest the season would be done would be mid to end of June. Then what give the players 2 months off before the grind starts again for the 2021 season? I just don't see spring football as a logical option for college.

I don't understand how spring football is going to possibly work in highschool or college. Highschool is more possible. Most places you are not going to be able to start at the earliest mid march due to weather. Unless the northern schools work out deals with southern schools to play there. For argument sake lets say they start the season March 1st. If they play a full 12 game season the soonest the season would be done would be mid to end of June. Then what give the players 2 months off before the grind starts again for the 2021 season? I just don't see spring football as a logical option for college.
Football will be a 7-game regular season max with first game on 3/4/21. Tentative championship date is 5/8/21. Traditional spring sports practice starts on 4/26/21. The overlap for someone doing football and baseball under this system really isn't much different than someone that plays basketball and then does track in a normal year; a kid playing on a hoops team that goes far in the post season usually misses the first 2-3 weeks of track practice.

Not ideal....but better than nothing. Scroll down for complete calendar.

https://chsaanow.com/2020-08-04/chsaa-announces-2020-21-athletics-and-activities-calendar/

Reactions: saluno22
This is idiotic. How are leaders not looking at the stats from the CDC? Protect the older crowd and unhealthy and lets move on.. This is about as dumb as Billy D up in NYC trying to close down everything until June 2021 when the virus has basically ran through the city and there are barely any new cases. I think it was 54 as of yesterday with a multiple days of no death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT