Defensive Coordinator
Jan 26, 2004
Anthem, AZ
www.universalgroupaz.com
Herbstreit: Oregon
Howard: Oregon
Corso: Nebraska
"Bear": Nebraska

Herbstreit: "I think Royce Freeman's the difference in this game, personally. One thing Oregon still has plenty of is 'playmakers' and they get them out in space and they attack you in a tempo way. And if they have the quarterback, that's the big thing. I think this is a shootout. I think Tommy Armstrong is going to put up points because Oregon's defense isn't the greatest. But I think Oregon ends up winning late on the road."

Howard: "Like Herbstreit said, (Oregon) has a lot of firepower on offense. That's what they do. That's their identity. But defensively, they brought in Brady Hoke, former Michigan Head Coach. He's supposed to get that defense right. I think it's going to take a little bit more time to get it right. (Oregon) will win in Lincoln. They will beat Nebraska. But Nebraska is going to be very competitive. I think Armstrong is going to make some plays with his feet and arms, but I do think Oregon will win this game in a shootout."

Corso: "To win this game, Nebraska must win the 'turnover battle.' In 17 straight games they've won the turnover battle, they've won the game. Now this is a tough game to call because Oregon is a tremendous football team on the road. But not so fast (gesturing to Howard) and not so fast (gesturing to Herbstreit). Nebraska's home field wins it for them. Those fans. Those Nebraska fans. I'm going with them."

Reece Davis: "You are right on it (speaking to Corso). You know what? Last year, Nebraska turnovers cost them 4.5 pts. per game (3rd worst in the country). This year: one giveaway, plus seven in the turnover category."

Corso: "They've won 17 straight games that they won the turnover battle."

Herbstreit: "The quarterback's a whole different level right now (speaking of Armstrong), taking that Mike Riley offense to a totally different level right now."

'Bear': I'm with Mr. Corso. It's one of your favorite theories (speaking to Corso). Oregon is ranked, Nebraska is unranked. Nebraska is a 3 pt. favorite. Somebody knows something that's smarter than me. I'll go with the someones."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News