ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Nerds Nebraska at OSU

I think there is more concern about this game than most OSU fans/media realize. OSU has a new secondary, zero depth at DT and is missing a guy who was expected to start. That's on top of all the issues we've seen impacting everyone else in CFB this season. New DC who has never called the D before.

Biggest question to me for OSU on offense is the RBs. The two guys they're counting have only been healthy for a short time and are returning from major injuries. I'm not sure either one is a carry the mail guy.

Thoughts?

Go Bucks!!!

Reactions: carolinahusker
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised with a 50-30 type osu victory. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t move the ball on you guys.

I think there is more concern about this game than most OSU fans/media realize. OSU has a new secondary, zero depth at DT and is missing a guy who was expected to start. That's on top of all the issues we've seen impacting everyone else in CFB this season. New DC who has never called the D before.

Biggest question to me for OSU on offense is the RBs. The two guys they're counting have only been healthy for a short time and are returning from major injuries. I'm not sure either one is a carry the mail guy.

Thoughts?

Go Bucks!!!
All that may be true, but Justin Fields.

Thoughts?

Go Bucks!!!

Thanks for posting. I think OSU’s secondary will give up some big plays. OSU will be fine as long as they take care of the ball. If OSU is -3 in turnovers then this could be a one score game in the 4th.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I’m concerned. OSU should win, but there are several scenarios in which Nebraska can win.

Add to that the pressure to win big which could turn the momentum if it doesn’t look like that is going to happen.

Thoughts?

Go Bucks!!!
We've had three consecutive losing seasons. You?
giphy.gif

I’m concerned. OSU should win, but there are several scenarios in which Nebraska can win.

Add to that the pressure to win big which could turn the momentum if it doesn’t look like that is going to happen.

There are only 2:

Scenario 1 - Fields tests positive for covid before the game (will not happen, even if he tests positive)

Scenario 2) Ohio goes Nebraska v ISU circa 2009 and coughs it up 8 times.

I have a hunch that Fields won't be quite as impressive as he was last year. Still great, but not unstoppable

There are only 2:

Scenario 1 - Fields tests positive for covid before the game (will not happen, even if he tests positive)

Scenario 2) Ohio goes Nebraska v ISU circa 2009 and coughs it up 8 times.

Yup, those are the “several scenarios”.

We (OSU) definitely have some questions on defense. I'm most worried about the D tackles. Two players who would see significant playing time will be missing We are deep at DE and I expect 1 or 2 to move inside to help with depth issues. The D line has to put pressure upfront to help the secondary. Offensively, this may be one of the more talented teams we have fielded in many years. Dobbins was a great back but Sermon and Teague are big, physical backs who are completely healthy ( the late start to the season helped both in their recovery). The WR group may be the best we've had in many years. I expect big plays in the passing game. It should be a high scoring game. Weather wise, a cold front (rain) will be moving through Columbus Friday night into Saturday morning. Most of the rain should be out of the area by game time with temperatures in the low to mid 50s. Can't wait to watch some Big 10 football.

Every issue I mentioned has shown itself today. That and the Huskers being more excited/physical.

Go Bucks!!!

ADVERTISEMENT