ADVERTISEMENT

College Football needs the Huskers

sooner_mike1

Jan 31, 2010
Guys, I'm 48, and remember the great OU/Nebraksa rivalry, particularly this time a year...it was THE GAME nationally.

I know most of you are still firmly in Frost's corner, but as an outsider looking in, I've got to think Husker football is at a crossroads; personally, I think it's time to do what Alabama did years ago, and present a blank check to a long-term/proven successful HC. Is there any chance whatsoever that your administration would be willing to call an end to this, and go after Meyer, Franklin, or someone of that quality?

Here's hoping your AD wakes up, and does what is necessary to get Husker football back in its rightful place among the nations elite.

Please give us Lincoln Riley then.

Frost will be lucky to keep it within 3 touchdowns in 2021 in Norman.

I agree with this. Everyone outside of Nebraska agrees with this too. Just like it is when, gulp, Notre Dame is.

Tell me Iowa doesn’t wish they were beating 9 or 10 win Nebraska teams and knocking them out of the CCG or playoff. I know they don’t pity the state of Nebraska football, but even they know they’ve been beating up on a pretty bad team.

Well, CFB will be waiting a while. I don't think Frost is going anywhere for at least 3 more years and there is no indication he is going to turn anything around. It is looking more and more like 2017 was an aberration that made payday history for a lot of non-P5 coaches.

I think the program should be bigger than the head coach.

To me, it's obvious there is a problem with the head coach now.

Others will want to give him more time, but they run the risk of him damaging the program even further while they wait and see what happens.

I think it's a serious problem, and Scott has built no goodwill with the fanbase in my opinion. You know, the sort of thing that kept Bo in business even after all the dumb stuff he did.

I wouldn't shed a tear if they fired Scott. He has been a disaster, and his time here as a player seems to cloud his judgement and his objectivity.

I have no problem if they brought in some young up and comer, pay him a lower wage to start out and see how it goes.

Last edited:
It's not just Frost's friends though, it's Frost. I think he has great leadership qualities but he is terrible at game planning and adjustments. His play calling is predictable, uninspired and sometimes plain moronic. Even the announcers were scratching their heads. Why the f**k was he calling a screen pass without enough blockers on the perimeter? Even if he had enough, why is he calling it when more often than not, it ends up being a wasted down because the blocking is garbage.

It's not just Frost's friends though, it's Frost. I think he has great leadership qualities but he is terrible at game planning and adjustments.
I think he has bad leadership qualities myself. He started here by alienating most of the existing team and dissing the previous staff. Throwing them under the bus every chance he gets in press conferences. Causing locker room issues playing favorites. He also does very poorly at situational awareness. The D made big stops and Luke comes in and scores a TD. Momentum was clearly turned, the stadium was excited and we were on our way to a win. What does he do? Puts in AM and just kills the game.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT