ADVERTISEMENT

Colin Cowherd not smart...

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
Cowherd just said on his radio show that since 1990, only 2 head coaches have won NCs while calling their own offensive plays: Jimbo Fischer and Steve Spurrier.

How does he not know that Osborne called his own plays? 3 championships in the 90s... how can he forget that?

Or am I wrong? I know Solich was OC, but Solich didn’t call plays, Tom did. Correct?

I used to dislike Cowherd just because I thought he often went against the grain and made nonsense arguments just to seem like he was the controversial guy. Now I wouldn't say he's a genius but I probably prefer him over most of the ESPN guys. He doesn't come off as the suck up that most of them do.

Cowherd sucks. He's a moron. He's the type that just because they say something emphatically, they, and unfortunately others, believe him.
Which national sports radio host do you like? I used to like Dan Patrick, used to like the SVP & Russillo, not many left I like. Chris Carter isn't too bad in the early morning. I currently can NOT stand Will Cain.

Does Frosty call his own plays or is it a shared effort between him and Walters?

hes smart enough.
people listen to him every day.
id love to 'blow smoke' or 'shoot the bs' for what he gets paid.
and no, i dont listen...

Cowterd is the one that said Nebraska should give back one of their National Championships account it was phony with 5 downs at Missouri. Well he got Missouri and the conference right anyway.

Reactions: SOHusker11
I believe it was his guest Joel Klatt that mentioned it...
Cowherd did not say that, Joel Klatt said that while being a guest on Cowherds show. Cowherd might be the highest paid sports talk jock on the planet, I wish I wasn't as not smart as him.
Thanks for the correction…I was half listening to him, and wasn’t paying much attention… When I heard that stated, I assumed it was cowherd. Either way, it was on his program.

That sucks, because I like Joel Klatt.

Thanks for the correction…I was half listening to him, and wasn’t paying much attention… When I heard that stated, I assumed it was cowherd. Either way, it was on his program.

That sucks, because I like Joel Klatt.

I like both of them, their segments together are always hilarious...plus, when you have to talk sports for 4 hrs daily, month after year, you're bound to goof up sometimes. We all do.

Reactions: timnsun and mgbreis
Taught drivers ed for years had sports radio on in car everyday have tired of most everyone out there. I do try to catch cowheard at 11 and PTI is my favorite that’s about it, I will listen to a lil Dari and Mel

Cowherd did not say that, Joel Klatt said that while being a guest on Cowherds show. Cowherd might be the highest paid sports talk jock on the planet, I wish I wasn't as not smart as him.

You wish you were as unintelligent as him because he makes all that money? Or you wish you were not as unintelligent as him?

I’m not sure your post is as not smart as you think. ;)

Reactions: timnsun
You wish you were as unintelligent as him because he makes all that money? Or you wish you were not as unintelligent as him?

I’m not sure your post is as not smart as you think. ;)

I wonder if there's a third option??? Maybe I worded it like that on purpose to further play on the smart thingy??

Tom called the plays. I believe Solich's titles were RB coach and assistant head coach, not the OC, but i could be mistaken.
This is a tough one. I seem to remember that Solich was the OC at one point and that he did call plays. Solich would suggest a play and Osborne would send the play in with a player. Technically, Osborne was calling the plays but the vast majority of the calls came from Solich. I could be wrong. Might be some Mandela effect going on here.

This is a tough one. I seem to remember that Solich was the OC at one point and that he did call plays. Solich would suggest a play and Osborne would send the play in with a player. Technically, Osborne was calling the plays but the vast majority of the calls came from Solich. I could be wrong. Might be some Mandela effect going on here.
Maybe... or was it that Frank was up in the booth sending info down to Tom, who would call the play based on what Frank saw?

It seemed as though there was a difference in our playcslling after Tom retired. The creativity seemed to change when Solich was head coach.

Maybe... or was it that Frank was up in the booth sending info down to Tom, who would call the play based on what Frank saw?

It seemed as though there was a difference in our playcslling after Tom retired. The creativity seemed to change when Solich was head coach.
You mean the creativity went away with our "run the ball with the QB every play" offense?

That is a little disheartening as I do like Klatt and think he is pretty good and should be pretty smart about college football.

Definitely. Osborne and Solich was better than Solich and whomever helped him. I think Solich called most of the plays and Osborne was freed up to focus on counters, adjustments and big picture stuff. Of course I could be wrong!

Love me some Colin. Opinionated, insightful, often spot on

Cowherd just said on his radio show that since 1990, only 2 head coaches have won NCs while calling their own offensive plays: Jimbo Fischer and Steve Spurrier.

How does he not know that Osborne called his own plays? 3 championships in the 90s... how can he forget that?

Or am I wrong? I know Solich was OC, but Solich didn’t call plays, Tom did. Correct?
He is smart enough for his listeners. Extremely hard worker who understands that men who listen to shock jock radio aren't looking for nuance or details. I will say that he is a commercial that satirizes his ridiculous show so that reveals awareness of his place in society.

He is smart enough for his listeners. Extremely hard worker who understands that men who listen to shock jock radio aren't looking for nuance or details. I will say that he is a commercial that satirizes his ridiculous show so that reveals awareness of his place in society.

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

T.O. called his own plays., so did Louis Holtz ('88 though), I try to avoid national talking heads, 85% of their "content" isn't relevant to me.

No way Solich was calling the O plays under TO. Never saw us running option to the short side of the field very often when TO was the coach, bit saw those crap plays a lot under Solich..

Cowherds a bum when he makes a mistake about your team or says something bad about them, until he says something good about your team he then redeems himself and u go back to liking him again.

Rinse repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT