ADVERTISEMENT

Cobra Kai (Karate Kid sequel series)

I've watched the first two and it's great. I'm hoping for at least a couple cameos from other original cast members!

Elizabeth Shue please...

BFCA686_B-3_DB5-4_EDE-95_BA-_CD88_F6_C035_EF.jpg

Oh there are a LOT of callbacks to the original movie, and a really killer cameo right at the end.

"I'm the MAN! ....Wait...are you the man, too?" - Johnny

lol this show was a BLAST. I can't wait for Season 2!

I like how we got the perspective of the antagonist, sure he was an a-hole but Daniel was an instigator in the original.

So…am I the only one rooting for Cobra Kai? Daniels turned into a whiny bitch (only through lthe fourth episode though).

If u read the comments made by people under each episode u watch, u will find a decent amount of people are actually rooting for CK now too.lok

I read some of the comments under each ep after I watch them, helps w the nostalgia and sometimes u can puck up something u may have missed. Like a reference put in that u may have missed.

Reactions: SantaBarbaraSker
High school Danny crying is one thing...adult Danny crying is another and I think they did a great job capturing that and I think they did a great job with Johnny, he is pretty much every dude over the age of 40, if we want to admit that or not is one thing but he is.

There were about 2 or maybe 3 stupid parts total...the rest was so well done.

The first 2 episodes got me hooked on it. I signed up for the youtube red trial just to finish watching this but now that I have seen how great youtube is without ads I’m not sure I can go back to free now.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Johnny's Step-dad is a fairly well known actor which leads me to believe he will be in many more episodes...I know they ordered 10 more so it should be interesting.

I watched this series and liked it. I didn't love it like a lot of others did. I gave it a C+. It had me hooked right away, but it quickly occurred to me it was a lot like a lot of other lazy Hollywood movies. They find a movie they like, and do a 2.0 version of it. They don't bother disguising it. They don't do what The Fast and Furious(the original) did. They retold the movie Point Break without telling you they did that. This series was a good cover version of a classic REO Speedwagon song. I didn't like the cameo at all. It seems as if the sequel is dangerously close to becoming an adult soap opera. We will see.

*if Will Smith or his stupid son show up in the next one, I am turning it off and am done.

Reactions: BradWesley
I wish the second season was out! It was so well done. Danny boy does a great job in the role and almost makes you not like him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT