ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching staff

I’m beginning to think that the problem is more with the staff than players, yes we do miss jd but this staff right now is a gaggle
just the simple things aren’t happening, clock mismanagement getting the right players into the game and the special teams blunder yesterday on the punt is inexcusable the turnovers and penalties have hurt this staff since day 1, so is frost in over his head or are the assistants freelancers if frost to much of a micromanager? until this staff gets it sh-t together we’re going to be see a crappy team for at least the next two year. Right now the players aren’t giving the best chance to win
It was pretty obvious the coaching was subpar from the very first game two years ago against Colorado. We couldn't even snap the ball without getting a penalty. We couldn't tackle at all. No one had a clue what to do on special teams. That's all shit that can and should be able to be fixed in one fall camp. There's very little accountability in this staff and in this program, and quite frankly it starts and ends with Frost.

It was pretty obvious the coaching was subpar from the very first game two years ago against Colorado. We couldn't even snap the ball without getting a penalty.
Not true! Of course we were snapping it with :20 on the play clock while nursing a late lead, but that's another matter...

I’m afraid your right. Seems like we’re always 2 steps behind of our competition. They are playing chess while we are playing checkers. I think this off-season will be good for a change of coaches. One could dream that Chins will leave and Frost would relinquish his play calling.
We need to get rid of at least half the staff and completely overhaul what we do in the off-season, what we do in fall camp, and how we prepare for teams each week. Frost has been stubborn and hasn't wanted to change much, but it's obvious this shit isn't working.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
My question is frost relying to much on his assistants and there letting him down or is frost to much of a micromanager and doesn’t let his assistant coaches do there job properly? I almost get the feeling he’s relying to much of his assistant and there just there letting him down. If so he to stop being buddies and start being the head coach he might piss off a couple of assistants but so be it he needs to be in charge of every asp of the game
He let's Chinander do whatever he wants on defense. He needs to do more micromanaging imo.

If I may add, where are the defensive adjustments ? They are nonexistent. It is obvious Chin has no clue what he is doing. Mr. Moos pick up the Bat phone.

Maybe Nebraska AD Moos will find the latest/greatest defensive coordinator to bring in. The new coach can teach John Cook a thing or too in his free time. Maybe Moos will declare the new coach the best coach on campus just like Shawn Eichorst did with Bob Diaco.

We owe Bob Diaco so much for showing John Cook the way. Winking

Last edited:
Reactions: rrthusker
We need to get rid of at least half the staff and completely overhaul what we do in the off-season, what we do in fall camp, and how we prepare for teams each week. Frost has been stubborn and hasn't wanted to change much, but it's obvious this shit isn't working.

I’m sure that nothing will change with Chins and Frost will use the lame “we had less practices in spring” excuse to defend the defense’s failures.

Past performance is the best predictor of future success.

We're not going to wake up in September 2023 and find Nebraska is a national title contender. The coaches are significantly behind in recruiting, player development, and game management from what they would need to do to compete for our division, let alone championships.

We're dead last in the B1G West for a reason.

Oh great. Another hawkeye fan trolling our board. I guess it just goes to show what miserable lives they must have.

As much as I like Ryan Held.....he IS the running-backs coach....and do we even have a viable running-back right now? All of them seem to have faded into the background.

As much as I like Ryan Held.....he IS the running-backs coach....and do we even have a viable running-back right now? All of them seem to have faded into the background.
The top 2 RBs were out with injuries Saturday. Marvin Scott is going to be a really good back I think but he's a true freshman who didn't have summer workouts and fall camp. We have a burner true freshman who is out for the season with an injury as well. I really like Scott but we have to be able to pass the ball so teams don't load the box against us. I'm a little surprised we didn't see at least one walk on back on Saturday. There's one I've heard people with the program mention would maybe play this year.

Reactions: WHCSC
Sure, the more guys we get rid of, the better imo. There's something very wrong with the way we prepare throughout the year. Time to get rid of the mid-major coaching staff from UCF and bring in some guys who are P5 caliber coaches.

Reactions: Fed-Up
Sure, the more guys we get rid of, the better imo. There's something very wrong with the way we prepare throughout the year. Time to get rid of the mid-major coaching staff from UCF and bring in some guys who are P5 caliber coaches.
Held is not a problem. Stop.

Held is not a problem. Stop.
plus, Held is the only recruiter on staff. RB is not a problem. The feature back getting fewer than 5 carries a game IS a problem, and I don't count Wandale as being the guy we call on to tote the rock most of the time. Bad, bad coaching IMO. Let's soften up those Big 10 defenses with our 175 lber! No shade on Wandale. You get my meaning.

I thinking the same thing we have some very average coaches that caught lighting in a bottle with SF at UCF..

The little things that keep happening over and over and this is smaller version of year 3.

How stubborn will Frost be to make some coaching changes is the question but two of the biggest changes need to be is removing Chinander as defensive coord and Verduzco as QB Coach.

I thought the defense was coming around against Penn St, this was probably a bigger win for the players than the
fans. Those two defensive stands may have sapped their energy for Illinois. If they bounce back with a win against
Iowa then maybe the end will not be as bad as anticipated.

I’m beginning to think that the problem is more with the staff than players, yes we do miss jd but this staff right now is a gaggle
just the simple things aren’t happening, clock mismanagement getting the right players into the game and the special teams blunder yesterday on the punt is inexcusable the turnovers and penalties have hurt this staff since day 1, so is frost in over his head or are the assistants freelancers if frost to much of a micromanager? until this staff gets it sh-t together we’re going to be see a crappy team for at least the next two year. Right now the players aren’t giving the best chance to win

I was going to post a thread about this. I think it's fairly clear most position groups have regressed. I thought about what Frost needs to do to turn the team around He needs to get rid of most of his staff. Dawson,Fisher,Tuoti, Lubick can maybe stay. But a new D Coordinator probably wouldn't want any of those guys.

Frosts says the players need to execute the plays better. Chin says we need to be better at communicating and gap control. You can't say that stuff after every game and make me believe it's the players fault.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT