ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching salary sliding scale

Redmich

Senior
Jun 21, 2022
we are paying our coach just shy of what OSU is per year - our contract total value is more
and more than Harbaugh and Franklin make

after a "build" period should we expect to be elite like OSU and Michigan .. after all we are paying an elite salary
or is it tougher to win at Nebraska and we have to pay elite level salaries to get good but not elite results

are wins going to cost more at Nebraska than they do at places like OSU, Michigan and Penn St?

we are paying our coach just shy of what OSU is per year - our contract total value is more

after a "build" period should we expect to be elite like OSU and Michigan .. after all we are paying an elite salary
or is it tougher to win at Nebraska and we have to pay elite level salaries to get good but not elite results

are wins going to cost more at Nebraska than they do at places like OSU, Michigan and Penn St?
Don't worry, the OSU and Michigan coaches will be getting raises again before long.

Don't worry, the OSU and Michigan coaches will be getting raises again before long.
yes - b/c they have elite programs at salaries at or below we are paying

in a few years - should we be elite like Michigan and Ohio St?

I think hire urban,
national championship in 3 years
coach hire strangers to be cordinators
pay what texas does in nil
pass happy

fantasy fan, needs to connect with reality someday

It would probably be more relevant to compare year to year
2023 Rhule will be making $5.5 mil. How does that compare with Day, Harbaugh and Franklin?
I don’t expect him to be at Day - Harbaugh levels year one

by year 5 we pay him 10 million and year 7 - 12 million. Year 8 - 12.5 million

Is the expectation by year 5 - 8 are we elite?

What I’m really asking is - can Nebraska be a consistent elite top 5 - top 10 team regardless of what we pay or is it more realistic to be consistently good (Iowa - Wisconsin) with an occasional very good/elite season - Baylor - TCU

I don’t expect him to be at Day - Harbaugh levels year one

by year 5 we pay him 10 million and year 7 - 12 million. Year 8 - 12.5 million

Is the expectation by year 5 - 8 are we elite and getting 10 - 12.5 million per year?

What I’m really asking is - can Nebraska be a consistent elite top 5 - top 10 team regardless of what we pay or is it more realistic to be consistently good (Iowa - Wisconsin) with an occasional very good/elite season - Baylor - TCU
And I am saying, in 2028 when he is making $10 mil, what are the coaches at OSU, Mich and Penn St going to be making? IDK. That is why you compare current salary to current salary. Additionally, the landscape will change in the next five years. Salaries will continue to escalate, will $10 mil in 2028 or $12.5 mil in 2030 even be middle of the road? Just too much unknown to even worry about.

Like I said, in 2023, he is making $5.5 mil, what are the expecations and does he meet them?

Listening to the goals of the coaching staff and the administration, the goal is to compete for conf championships and playoff berths. That is exactly what the goal should be. So yes, you have to compete with those schools for salaries as well as everything else.

Let me ask you this question: what if it did?

So long as we're in the B1G with stupid money, why should I or any of us care how much it costs for us to win?

Hey there! It's always interesting to see how the salaries of coaches and staff vary between different schools and programs. However, so many factors go into creating a winning team besides just salary, such as recruiting, facilities, team culture, etc.
On another note, if you're looking for information on how to get pay stubs, you should check out PayStubCreator. They offer an easy and convenient way to generate stubs online and can be useful for both employers and employees.

Last edited:
There is no doubt Trev gave Rhule more than market price.
Yes there is money but the U is acting like drunk sailors with it. The crazy and unnecessary salaries, corrupt extensions, pointless facility upgrades, firing Frost at a moronic time etc. has shown just how bad a steward the University is.
Some of you think it's trivial but the windfall is being used in place of good management. Just throw bushel baskets of money around, it's made them lazy to doing real management. Excess money ruins things, human nature.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

Not for you to worry about.

we haven't been paying players under the table, like the sec, usc, osu..etc..

hopefully nil will help change this...if I become a multi millionaire, I want to donate to nil also..
it will probably take a few years to turn around the riley/frost fails

think of rhule as bob devany

Where does it say or imply I am the least bit worried

Love that our coaches are making elite salaries and in turn we can expect elite results
You made a long post about it. We expected the same under the previous coaches.

Hey there! It's always interesting to see how the salaries of coaches and staff vary between different schools and programs.
Dang! That's just so amazingly interesting! Wow! Coaches get millions!

I think some people seriously think we should pay our football coach zero dollars since he has won zero games here.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT