ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching news - northern Iowa

That will be a huge cut in pay from a Power 5 position.

Watson last year was a Offensive Quality Control assistant at Georgia so that means he did not make any money and Joe was at FCS Youngstown State so this is more of a lateral move for him

More interesting to me is this is Watson's seventh school since he left Nebraska. I always liked Joe. Don't know how Scott feels about him, but I would take him back

Watson last year was a Offensive Quality Control assistant at Georgia so that means he did not make any money and Joe was at FCS Youngstown State so this is more of a lateral move for him

More interesting to me is this is Watson's seventh school since he left Nebraska. I always liked Joe. Don't know how Scott feels about him, but I would take him back
To think Watson stayed at NU after being offered the Alabama OC position by Saban....... Loyalty to TO for keeping him on after Callahan got canned didn't exactly pay off. Watson would probably be a P5 head coach right now if he had taken that job.

Watson is probably just coaching because he loves coaching. I would think he has made enough money to be comfy.

Joe did the smart move (assuming Bo was not bringing him to LSU which means he would have had to switch sides of the ball) but young coaches need to get out and make more connections so that they can start building up that network.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Watson is probably just coaching because he loves coaching. I would think he has made enough money to be comfy.

Joe did the smart move (assuming Bo was not bringing him to LSU which means he would have had to switch sides of the ball) but young coaches need to get out and make more connections so that they can start building up that network.
Ganz was let go by the new coach at YSU. So he didn’t have a choice to stay there.

To think Watson stayed at NU after being offered the Alabama OC position by Saban....... Loyalty to TO for keeping him on after Callahan got canned didn't exactly pay off. Watson would probably be a P5 head coach right now if he had taken that job.
Timing is everything. On the flip side maybe Alabama wouldn't have been as good.

Timing is everything. On the flip side maybe Alabama wouldn't have been as good.
With the talent Bama had Watson would have been very successful with his WCO. Tom had immense respect for Watson's offensive mind. What became a problem was when Bo insisted that we use a QB not suiting for making decisions in the passing game.

Nebraska needs proven coaches, not an alumni filled good ole boys club.

Reactions: dinglefritz
tenor.gif

With the talent Bama had Watson would have been very successful with his WCO. Tom had immense respect for Watson's offensive mind. What became a problem was when Bo insisted that we use a QB not suiting for making decisions in the passing game.

Fast forward ten years later......

If Bo was smart enough, and recruited hard enough, he could have gotten a qb that did both well.

You're right, good thing the guys from Fla came up when there wasn't any good ol boys, because they wanted to. They wouldn't have fit in. But this staff is almost done with the rebuild, but good ol boys think that's just excuses, but we know better,right?

NIU has been known to hold good coaches. He's still in a great spot, needs to put his time in, he may end up doing very well.

A little education for you red people:

NIU = Northern Illinois University - the actual name of the university

UNI = University of Northern Iowa - the actual name of the university

IU = Indiana University - the actual name of the university. I understand the buffoon PA announcer in Lincoln introduced the team as The University of Indiana when they beat UN in Lincoln last fall.

NU = Northwestern University - the actual name of the university. Established in 1851. NU is trademarked by Northwestern University.

UN = University of Nebraska - the actual name of the university. A land grant college established after and as a result of the Morrill Act.

Reactions: 01135965

IU = Indiana University - the actual name of the university. I understand the buffoon PA announcer in Lincoln introduced the team as The University of Indiana when they beat UN in Lincoln last fall.

NU = Northwestern University - the actual name of the university. Established in 1851. NU is trademarked by Northwestern University.

UN = University of Nebraska - the actual name of the university. A land grant college established after and as a result of the Morrill Act.
A little info for you, it is iowa, not the iowa team, thats iowa state, its northern iowa they went to, not iowa state.
I think theres a duck too, but thats oregon, but thats about it

Thanks, dipshit.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Why thank him, he didn't even know the state team, iowa state. Just like theres ohio, and then theres ohio state.
I prefer to call ohio st 'ohio' because I lack even the tiniest bit of respect for them that would prompt me to use their actual name

the actual ohio u will never ever come up in serious football discussions, so don't be confused

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
I prefer to call ohio st 'ohio' because I lack even the tiniest bit of respect for them that would prompt me to use their actual name

the actual ohio u will never ever come up in serious football discussions, so don't be confused
You mean, just like the iowa state thing? Gotcha

UF = university of Florida - traces its origins back to 1853

FU = explicit language- established to be used towards condescending a-holes

Joking. Kind of. ;)

Little education for you yellow people:

Big Ten hasn't been Ten on T.V. since Penn state joined, and really since the University of Chicago is technically part of the BiG tEn from when the sun first shone on the 1900s it hasn't really ever been.

NU
OU
KU
CU
OSU
MU
ISU

Are YOU getting it? We just don't care. We like it how we like it right? Just like the BiG tEn likes 15 schools in it....

The stupid part was that you think we didn't get literal names of the schools and you not recognizing the hypocracy of you pointing out to us it's so dumb to not make things so literal.

Like it matters we get the letters wrong right? Plenty of joker dandy's from the east keep referring to Nebraska as UNL while their whole damn pride is sunk into a collection of universities that collectively can't count past ten since the dawn of the 20th century.

Schools out, go enjoy recess Timmy.

Reactions: SkerInCo

Your life must really suck.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in with SF. Just stupid to hire someone because they're a legacy hire. SF was a proven winner. Moot point as we have our staff.
I don't want Joe Ganz within 100 miles of our coaching staff. I was a Joe Ganz booster during his tenure at NU. Then I found out some of the crap he pulled early in his career when recruits came to town.

I don't want Joe Ganz within 100 miles of our coaching staff. I was a Joe Ganz booster during his tenure at NU. Then I found out some of the crap he pulled early in his career when recruits came to town.
Care to share dingle? I mean thats why i pay top dollar for that kinda info lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT