ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Announcement

The other names aren't mentioned because none of them are getting raises or new titles.

Does he seriously thinks Verduzco, Chinander, Walters, Ruud, Tuioti, and Beckton are all leaving?
That doesn't mean they're all leaving. Just that the recent announcement on coaching changes doesn't necessarily mean that they are completely finished.

Please. I freely admit heading in to year three I was all in with Riley. As the year progressed, you will not find a single post from me saying he should have a 4th year. Go ahead and search. You won’t find it.

Like you, I’m not hiding from my posts. You still bent that Dawson, who doesn’t want to be here, is back?
Lol that's all you ever posted about back then. I don't think it was until after he was fired where you changed your tune.

Please. I freely admit heading in to year three I was all in with Riley. As the year progressed, you will not find a single post from me saying he should have a 4th year. Go ahead and search. You won’t find it.

Like you, I’m not hiding from my posts. You still bent that Dawson, who doesn’t want to be here, is back?
I was never bent out of shape about that. I was just making a point that if he left already, maybe this isn't really the place he wants to be in the long term. I'm fine with Dawson being back. I don't necessarily think it's the best hire we could have made, but I'm ok with him coming back.

There is a coach who just coached for the national champions that lives in Lincoln yet we don’t offer him a job?

Lol that's all you ever posted about back then. I don't think it was until after he was fired where you changed your tune.
100% false. Find even 1 post where I said he should be retained. From the Purdue loss on I was ready for a change.

edit: I’m talking midway through the season. At the start I was still on the Riley boat. Midway through the season I was off.

Can you just add the sarcasm emoji at the end of your user? It might help make sure everyone realizes where you are coming from.
Guess I’ll have to do just that. I know what’s in my head, but not everyone does. Good call.

All the talk of Sp Analyst and maybe an Offensive analyst with Helfrich if the smoke is true. I don't understand why not go for the hat trick and bring in a defensive analyst. Chins could really benefit from one.

Reactions: oldjar07
100% false. Find even 1 post where I said he should be retained. From the Purdue loss on I was ready for a change.

edit: I’m talking midway through the season. At the start I was still on the Riley boat. Midway through the season I was off.
I'm not a stalker, I'm not going to go looking through your posts. I do see that you can't even keep your story straight as we didn't even lose to Purdue that year.

All the talk of Sp Analyst and maybe an Offensive analyst with Helfrich if the smoke is true. I don't understand why not go for the hat trick and bring in a defensive analyst. Chins could really benefit from one.
Completely agree. Defense is still a problem. I think the benefits of an analyst can be overstated, but I don't see why we wouldn't go after a top notch analyst for the defense too.

Well, I guess kind of a long answer. A few reasons....their backgrounds at Nebraska, ground and pound, Frost's vision for the football, what they've probably learned so from the Big 10 as far as the O-Line and the run game, and patterns I've noticed throughout the last 2 years. No stats or anything, just my opinion. I firmly believe we're going to see a strong emphasis on the power run game straight out of the gates in 2020.

Reactions: bshirt73
I'm not a stalker, I'm not going to go looking through your posts. I do see that you can't even keep your story straight as we didn't even lose to Purdue that year.
My bad... I knew you wouldn’t look. It’s too easy to make stupid claims and believe it to be true. So I searched myself. Here is a post of mine from September 26, 2017... not Purdue, it was the NIU game...

“Lots of truth here... my response was an answer to the question you had posed about true colors. I called it as I saw it, and it appears I was right, by your own admission.

You absolutely my be right about the 2nd losing season in 3 years as well... and if so, I have already agreed that a change should be made here.

The reality is I will never understand not giving the guy a chance from the start. I get the fact that he wasn’t a wow hire and that his record was unimpressive, but coaches have proven all the time that location matters, which is why I have been advocating for him so much. It’s hard to advocate for a coach that is staring another losing season in the face, though. And yes, if that happens, that is ridiculous.”

You’re turn. Proof that I was off after Northern Illinois.

What other false claims will you make about me?

My bad... I knew you wouldn’t look. It’s too easy to make stupid claims and believe it to be true. So I searched myself. Here is a post of mine from September 26, 2017... not Purdue, it was the NIU game...

“Lots of truth here... my response was an answer to the question you had posed about true colors. I called it as I saw it, and it appears I was right, by your own admission.

You absolutely my be right about the 2nd losing season in 3 years as well... and if so, I have already agreed that a change should be made here.

The reality is I will never understand not giving the guy a chance from the start. I get the fact that he wasn’t a wow hire and that his record was unimpressive, but coaches have proven all the time that location matters, which is why I have been advocating for him so much. It’s hard to advocate for a coach that is staring another losing season in the face, though. And yes, if that happens, that is ridiculous.”

You’re turn. Proof that I was off after Northern Illinois.

What other false claims will you make about me?
You said it was hard for you to advocate for a coach that was staring a losing season in the face, but you still did it until the day Riley was fired and for months afterwards as well. You've been a snake in the grass for at least that long so I remember your posts pretty well.

You said it was hard for you to advocate for a coach that was staring a losing season in the face, but you still did it until the day Riley was fired and probably for months afterwards as well. You've been a snake in the grass for at least that long so I remember your posts pretty well.
Whatever. I provide proof and you respond with “NUH-UH, you’re a snake.” Cool.

We’ve never seen eye to eye, which is why you are butthurt now. When someone else accused me of continuing to support Riley even HuskerDana came to my defense, saying I had been off the Riley ship for a long time. Do I need to provide that quote as well?

Never met Dana before, but he could see it clearly. I continued to defend Riley the person, but stopped defending the coach after NIU.

Whatever. I provide proof and you respond with “NUH-UH, you’re a snake.” Cool.

We’ve never seen eye to eye, which is why you are butthurt now. When someone else accused me of continuing to support Riley even HuskerDana came to my defense, saying I had been off the Riley ship for a long time. Do I need to provide that quote as well?

Never met Dana before, but he could see it clearly. I continued to defend Riley the person, but stopped defending the coach after NIU.
You've found the few posts you made that were skeptical of Riley. Congrats. Meanwhile there were hundreds of your posts deriding those who were skeptical of Riley before you.

You've found the few posts you made that were skeptical of Riley. Congrats. Meanwhile there were hundreds of your posts deriding those who were skeptical of Riley before you.
Proof. Now you look silly. Just stop. You are talking about before NIU. Before NIU I was bad. And even admitted as much in that entire thread that I bumped. I was an ass at times. But after NIU I was off the Riley wagon. But I guess if you want to claim otherwise without showing evidence to support your false claims, it says a lot about you.

Just own up that you were thinking of someone else. It’s not that hard.

And by the way, I checked and saw that you were searching posts from December of 2017... I’m guessing you were looking for proof to support your claims but couldn’t find any. The one about what went down in the basement of the cornhusker hotel. I had a post in that thread but it wasn’t supportive of Riley. So... didn’t find what you were looking for?

And by the way, I checked and saw that you were searching posts from December of 2017... I’m guessing you were looking for proof to support your claims but couldn’t find any. The one about what went down in the basement of the cornhusker hotel. I had a post in that thread but it wasn’t supportive of Riley. So... didn’t find what you were looking for?
Wow that's not creepy.

From the sounds of it (Rumor Mill) Frost actually was giving him a lessor role and it pissed him off. Thing is, he is pretty well paid at NU and isn't finding the same market. It'll be interesting to see what actually transpires as there is so much smoke around all of this, but no one really knows anything, It might get a bit awkward if there is a Co-OC here or even a shuffling of titles.
Hopefully it isn't the same rumor mill that gave us "Walters has cleaned out his desk".:oops::oops:

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I don’t think it is fair to say how much Hunt improved unless u watched practice. Do we know this improvement would have translated to game day? Just saying. And even if he started that could mean he is the best of a lot of bad receivers
I've listened to and read people who HAVE watched practice. That's all you can do with closed practices. By all accounts Hunt was going to be able to take the top off of defenses with his speed and had been blocking well in practice. He obviously had improved enough to win the job. AND I don't believe that we have a bunch of "bad receivers". We lacked speed at the top of the depth chart and needed time to develop some young guys who needed more time in the weight room and on the practice field. That doesn't make them "bad".

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Well the way it sounds after the Tunnel Talk is there continues to be a lot more smoke. I know it is all speculation, but the smoke level continues to get higher. May be fire soon.

Now with news that Mickey Joseph turned down the job of passing Coordinator there was more to all this noise about Walters...

Frost very well told TW that he was demoting him..

Reactions: paphusker
Now with news that Mickey Joseph turned down the job of passing Coordinator there was more to all this noise about Walters...

Frost very well told TW that he was demoting him..
from offensive coordinator to..... offensive coordinator?

seems Joseph turned down a position we don't currently have.

I'm fine with it. Walters, much like our QB, went from one of the hottest guys on the scene to an afterthought in one season. Here's hoping 2019 was the exception, not the rule.

Reactions: WHCSC
Helfrich to associate HC + passing game coordinator??

Now we know Walters is gone.....

We don’t know if Walters is gone but from the news he might have been told he is going to be demoted.

He could still be the receivers coach but no longer the offensive Coordinator..

We don’t know if Walters is gone but from the news he might have been told he is going to be demoted.

He could still be the receivers coach but no longer the offensive Coordinator..
Maybe we will see.

No way he keeps his 700K salary and does a small job like that, the iron is hot let’s get an ace recruiter at least frost feels the same way from the tunnel talk.

Reactions: headcard
If it was Helfrich, might want to get rid of Beckton and find another receivers coach.

And I think if Walters and Beckton both leave, after DeWitt left, Frost would want another African-American coach to coach receivers. Fisher would be the only one left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT