ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches = Presidents

9and4

All-American
Dec 4, 2013
Baltimore
I've been working on this Nebraska coach/U.S. president analogy. Excuse any flippancy, real or perceived.
Devaney = Truman: Salty Midwesterner who, when he had the weapons, dropped a couple of big ones (national titles).
Osborne = Eisenhower: Lots of social problems beneath the surface, but an unparalleled era of peace and prosperity.
Solich = Kennedy: Assassinated by a sniper just as he was turning things around.
Callahan = Johnson: Rioting in the streets over defensive ineptitude.
Pelini = Nixon: Foul-mouthed paranoiac with a list of enemies a mile long.
Riley = Ford: Nice guy who can't help falling on his face a little too often.

I deliberately stopped after Ford. Consensus on the success of any president after him is a political minefield. Plus, I didn't want to get into the whole Jimmy Carter "crisis of confidence" and "malaise" thing this early in the season. Although I have to say this sounds pretty prescient with minor edits: "It is a crisis of confidence. It is a crisis that strikes at the very heart and soul and spirit of our (Husker) will. We can see this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our (football program)."

Reactions: StrongArm517
Who will be the coach/president who will Make Husker Football Great Again?

Chip kelley coaching here would be a Trump presidency. Crazy, egotistical & not get anything done.
The war in the Middle East, stock market, coal industry, unemployment, and business activity would all disagree with you.
As would federal help in hurricane aid. Really pissing the media off that all they've got is 1st ladies shoes.

Glad you're butt hurt that a prez cares about America first though. Really I am glad you are butt hurt.

First big coal.. Next up.. Make blockbuster great again!!!!! If you were trying to design a system built to burn money and uninsure poor people, you'd love to be a Republican Senator right now.. Cares about America my ass

Last edited:
Reactions: chicolby and TOMHP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT