ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Preseason Poll

ridge222

Walk On
Jan 19, 2015
Looks like the coaches are not yet on the bandwagon.

Coaches preseason poll:
1 Clemson
2 Bama
3 UGA
4 OU
5 Ohio St
6 LSU
7 Florida
8 Michigan
9 Notre Dame
10 Texas
11 Texas A&M
12 Washington
13 Oregon
14 Penn St
15 Utah
16 Auburn
17 Wisconsin
Tie UCF
19 Iowa
20 Mich St
21 Wash St
22 Syracuse
23 Stanford
24 Iowa St
25 Northwestern

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Others receiving votes:

Nebraska 152; Boise State 118; Mississippi State 111; Miami 94; Army 91; Kentucky 79; Virginia Tech 64; Texas Christian 63; Southern California 47; Utah State 32; Fresno State 32; Virginia 30; Cincinnati 25; West Virginia 24; Memphis 24; Oklahoma State 20; South Carolina 15; NC State 12; Duke 10; Boston College 5; Florida State 4; Baylor 4; Appalachian State 4; North Texas 3; Houston 3; UCLA 2; Temple 2; Arizona State 2; Troy 1; Tennessee 1; Mississippi 1; Minnesota 1.

Looks like they really are not buying the Minnesota Hype.
That was the first thing I noticed-their one vote. I also wouldn't say that being first among the "others receiving votes"(which means 26th) means the coaches aren't on the bandwagon for us. If we had been 25th and in the poll, would that mean they were on the bandwagon?

That was the first thing I noticed-their one vote. I also wouldn't say that being first among the "others receiving votes"(which means 26th) means the coaches aren't on the bandwagon for us. If we had been 25th and in the poll, would that mean they were on the bandwagon?

I feel like you are trying a bit hard to not understand what he was saying...

Also...Iowa fans have to be loving this poll!

I just checked out the Iowa board and their coaches poll includes several comments about the Huskers. I don’t understand the obsession, but do enjoy going there to see how much we occupy their minds.

I just checked out the Iowa board and their coaches poll includes several comments about the Huskers. I don’t understand the obsession, but do enjoy going there to see how much we occupy their minds.
There is one post about Nebraska’s ranking from an Iowa fan in the entire thread. Followed by numerous Husker posters. It’s pretty obvious there is a fraction of each fan base obsessed with the other. (Myself included). It literally goes both ways.

I’m looking forward to the AP poll as that’s the one TV stations use during telecasts next to teams names. Which, IMO, matters some.

A lot of preseason voting polls leave’s off from the previous season..

It’s not where you start it’s where you finish at years end...

Reactions: Little Ennis
"When was the last time Nebraska wasn't ranked?" We'll all know the answer to this question when someone asks it in 2039.

Even though these polls are supposed to be predictions of future results, I think it's reasonable for the Huskers to be unranked at this point given that the team has had losing records in three of the last four seasons.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
I'd rather start the year unranked. Nebraska doesn't deserve to be ranked. 4-8.

I do believe they finished last year respectfully but nothing to indicate them as a ranked team.

Gosh, I had to delete "we" like 3x because I'm not a part of the team at all other than my fandom.

I do believe we are capable of winning 9 games. This team just needs to learn how to win when you're supposed to

Living in Iowa City, I'm gonna Bobby Bowden/Lou Holtz this thing until we actually beat Iowa.
"Oh, we probably won't be much better than last year."
"We're just gonna play for a bowl game, like our AD said: 6-6 will do for now."
"Iowa's so strong, and we were lucky not to get blown out again last year."
"The two programs just aren't on equal footing right now."
"South Alabama has our undivided attention."

Last edited:
Reactions: nu2u and husker2612
As if this board isn’t constantly talking about Iowa. Face it... Iowa is a thorn in our ass right now. Hopefully for not much longer

As if this board isn’t constantly talking about Iowa. Face it... Iowa is a thorn in our ass right now. Hopefully for not much longer
The sooner we can start blowing them out the better. Then we can put our attention and focus to better teams and titles.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Frost did not vote for the huskers to be ranked. Said they have to earn it. Riley would have gave them one 1st place vote. Then took everyone out for celebratory ice cream for getting one 1st place vote. lol

Last edited:
Yep. It will be great when our white whale obsession is OSU or Michigan rather than Iowa.
"Moby Dick" for Iowa? Maybe the second part. And with Iowa's ranking as the fourth-most obese state, a white whale is definitely appropriate. Look out, Mississippi. We're gonna out-fat you real soon!

Last edited:
Nebraska doesn't deserve to be ranked. It doesn't matter, anyway. Win games and the rankings take care of themselves.

Reactions: RedArmageddon
Frost did not vote for the huskers to be ranked. Said they have to earn it. Riley would have gave them one 1st place vote. Then took everyone out for celebratory ice cream for getting one 1st place vote. lol
I saw that. I like the attitude and that he takes a little pride in voting.

Reactions: husker2612
Looks like the coaches are not yet on the bandwagon.

Coaches preseason poll:
1 Clemson
2 Bama
3 UGA
4 OU
5 Ohio St
6 LSU
7 Florida
8 Michigan
9 Notre Dame
10 Texas
11 Texas A&M
12 Washington
13 Oregon
14 Penn St
15 Utah
16 Auburn
17 Wisconsin
Tie UCF
19 Iowa
20 Mich St
21 Wash St
22 Syracuse
23 Stanford
24 Iowa St
25 Northwestern

I think this is great. Let the Huskers go show everyone how good they are. They beat Northwestern, Wisconsin and Iowa then I have a feeling they will be in the Top 25.

Reactions: scarletred
Meh... when we are 4-0 going into the OSU game, we will be in the top 20. After the OSU game we will be in the top 15...Winking
Agree I believe we will be 4-0 going into the Ohio St game and probably in that 18-19 range. If Ohio St is also unbeaten they will probably be in the top 5. If we can beat a top 5 team, that should put us in that 10-15 range for sure.

I think this is great. Let the Huskers go show everyone how good they are. They beat Northwestern, Wisconsin and Iowa then I have a feeling they will be in the Top 25.

So you have a feeling if Nebraska beats the top 3 teams in the west that we will be in the top 25?

If we lose to Ohio St and beat Iowa, Wisconsin and Northwestern, we better not be losing to Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana or Maryland either. So I would agree an 11-1 team should squeeze into the top 25.

Dude, why is this board obsessed with Iowa?
Being obsessed with Iowa is like being obsessed with Colorado in the Big 12 days. We traded one historically average, nationally irrelevant, pissed colored program for another.

This is the last season that we finish the season with Iowa and the obsession with their program will be over.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
the most important games on our schedule for the foreseeable future are Wisconsin and Iowa

Need to start winning these games starting this season - both games at home

Frost is 0-2 against Ferentz and Chryst as it stands

Reactions: Little Ennis
Being obsessed with Iowa is like being obsessed with Colorado in the Big 12 days. We traded one historically average, nationally irrelevant, pissed colored program for another.

This is the last season that we finish the season with Iowa and the obsession with their program will be over.
Really? I have been obsessed with beating any team but the next one up on our schedule . Mabe just me, but I see a bunch, not all, worries about anything those Iowa clowns do.

Really? I have been obsessed with beating any team but the next one up on our schedule . Mabe just me, but I see a bunch, not all, worries about anything those Iowa clowns do.

I believe we have lost the last 4 to the "iowa clowns" including Frost being 0-1 against "those Iowa clowns".

What have we shown to date that indicates we aren't going to have to worry about “those Iowa clowns” in the near or distant future?

Last edited:
I believe we have lost the last 4 to the "iowa clowns" including Frost being 0-1 against "those Iowa clowns".

What have we shown to date that indicates we aren't going to have to worry about “those Iowa clowns” in the near or distant future?
Bo Pelini 3-1. That is all you need to know about beating "those Iowa clowns" It isn't going to be that hard to beat them most years. Im not saying we will blown them out every single year. We won't see Iowa beat us 4 years in a row as long as Frost is here. Im going to guess we will beat them 3 or 4 out of every 5 games going forward.

If you don't get what I was getting at, then it proves my point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT