ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches name a starting running back will not announce players name to media.

I have no problem with this. We have NOTHING to go on for Illinois since this is a hodge podge staff....... meaning they weren't a staff together before. Illinois has more on us than we have to go on them so keep it close to the vest

Twitter is abuzz again today regarding this. More bratty kid behavior being displayed by Frost after his presser yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
I have no problem with this. We have NOTHING to go on for Illinois since this is a hodge podge staff....... meaning they weren't a staff together before. Illinois has more on us than we have to go on them so keep it close to the vest
It doesn't matter. I'm sure three different running backs will get carries in the game. One of them is likely to emerge. More than one will have a role. Pound The Rock.

I agree that more than one will have a role. But, I am hoping against hope that one of them does in fact emerge.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Twitter is abuzz again today regarding this. More bratty kid behavior being displayed by Frost after his presser yesterday.

A) I don't see anyone talking about this on my twitter feed.

B) It was Lubick that declined to name a starting RB today

C) There was absolutely nothing wrong with Frost's presser yesterday

Other wise a really solid post.

Steppe! I'm high on the dude from his USC footage against ND. Looked like man amongst boys against them, a stout d nevertheless.

Here's to hoping that can translate to our running game y'all...

Reactions: headcard
Steppe! I'm high on the dude from his USC footage against ND. Looked like man amongst boys against them, a stout d nevertheless.

Here's to hoping that can translate to our running game y'all...
I can't get on board with Stepp because of his injury history. He was already dinged up when he joined our team. A healthy Stepp? Me likey

I don’t care too much who it is, but we absolutely need success in the run game outside of QB runs.
I'm cautiously optimistic that this is the year Frost gets good production out of his receivers and running backs. So tired of one or two guys carrying the load.

Reactions: HominidHusker
If you listened to Held talk today, he sort of hints that it's Stepp. He mentions 3 yards being a good run and that you have to be tough/physical in this conference. Not that Morrison/Irvin aren't those things, it just vibes with what we have seen Stepp already accomplish at this level. Stepp can get those YAC.

If you listened to Held talk today, he sort of hints that it's Stepp. He mentions 3 yards being a good run and that you have to be tough/physical in this conference. Not that Morrison/Irvin aren't those things, it just vibes with what we have seen Stepp already accomplish at this level. Stepp can get those YAC.
Held's direct quote:

"3 yards is a good play in this league."

not gonna lie, it triggered my gag reflex

also, it's worth noting that Stepp has never in his career carried the ball more than 14 times in a game.

also also worth noting the storied ND game was 3 years, several injuries and one lost job ago. I'd prefer to keep the number of 'if only he played like his frosh year!' players to one, personally.

Coaches announce a starting running back will not announce players name to media leading up to the Illinois game on Saturday.
I know that coaches are paranoid about telling the opposition anything. Not a big deal but what is the point of announcing that you have a starting running back and then refusing to tell the fans. If you wanted to keep it a secret from the opposition you wouldn't say anything public. Now if the opposing coach knows there's a decision, he can have a spy let him know who it is IF he cares enough.

ADVERTISEMENT