ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches meeting Maurice Washinton today?

I can....I think in a world where internet p orn makes more money than anything else many times over we might need to redef

He should be a redshirt freshman...I'll give him a chance to grow up. The fact that we were so bad that he had to play his freshman year, and this year even when he was just means he has been misused. He never should have seen the field until he put on 20 pounds. This happens all the time in CF...players come in with major talent but are undersized. They develop...start their RSH Freshman or Sophomore year and dominate...

I agree with your take but he would not have came here if we didn’t offer immediate playing time. HE failed to get after it and build on for his second year. Maybe he can come back and redshirt, get his life in order and build some muscle.

I admire anyone who can teach math. My wife can do all things math and both of my kids got the math gene, luck for them.
My dad was a math wizz he could have easily been a engineer. He could multiply 6 figures faster than I could punch it into a calculator. I wish I could do that

Is there any update to the Mo situation. The OWH scholarship doesn't list him (although they list Jojo as a junior, which is incorrect).

Is there any update to the Mo situation. The OWH scholarship doesn't list him (although they list Jojo as a junior, which is incorrect).
Thank you for the bump, I’m interested as well. With the haul at RB this class, I wonder if it would be best to move on. Also, I can’t read that rag OWH.

Reactions: Red I 73
my guess is he is still in the plans. Frost just had an interview yesterday and they did not ask him aka were told no Mo Wash questions before the interview. If he was meeting yesterday to dismiss him from the team he would of just announced it. Mo has been conditions, whether he follows them or even tries is still to be seen

Last edited:
Thank you for the bump, I’m interested as well. With the haul at RB this class, I wonder if it would be best to move on. Also, I can’t read that rag OWH.
If he can get his life in order and be a team player, I think he is a kid that is a game changer and one we absolutly need on the team. If he can't, he will do more harm than good.

Reactions: bigboxes
So could no information updating this mean they are waiting on grades or would they know that by now? I’m guessing they won’t announce he failed to stay eligible due to privacy rules, right?

His court case is 1/10. The start of classes is 1/11. I would assume we will know by then. He attends one class, he counts as a scholarship player for the semester, so it should be sorted out by then.

Reactions: blackshirts25
So could no information updating this mean they are waiting on grades or would they know that by now? I’m guessing they won’t announce he failed to stay eligible due to privacy rules, right?
I don’t think it means anything really. Unless there is a scheduled PC where a reporter can ask or until Mo says something we probably won’t find anything out.

i'd be happy to work for unl, lecturing mo and others on the proper way to conduct oneself using such tools as the bible, logic, and the gift of reason. nothing too dramatic, just the basics. perhaps one hour a week on saterday at 7 am.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Mo played 11/12 games as a frosh, then went off the rails this year. He has probably been given his options. Unless we hear that he has been processed or has entered the portal, we would have to assume he has agreed to meet the conditions for re-joining the team.
He will have to actually compete for playing time now. Will be interesting to see if he sticks around and competes. If he rises to the occasion, he can make this team better.
https://dataomaha.com/documents/husker-scholarship-distribution

Just curious.. looking at the list of players on scholarship, which 3-4 guys are you going to get rid of?

That was the "Doesn't eat at the training table." bit.
I eat at Chick-Fil-A at least once a week. So I understand. Having said that, I don't know Maurice Washington personally, but I get the feeling he's a good kid with immense talent who has personal/psychological issues that get in the way of his success. I don't think he has the propensity for violence that a guy like Phillips could never overcome, but who is more like a Randy Gregory (unable to break habits and additions and a wayward mental state). A healthy, contributing Washington would help Nebraska, but beyond that, I have to wonder what will happen to the guy if he doesn't have the structure of football in his life. I'd like Scott to give him another chance if he really wants it and is willing to earn it. I think we'd all rather know that Washington is playing professionally in 5 years than sitting in a jail cell.

Just curious.. looking at the list of players on scholarship, which 3-4 guys are you going to get rid of?

Every year there are a couple guys are kind of surprises/not who’d you would guess. And there are a couple that make sense. I’m not a huge fan of pointing to kids who ‘should’ leave or could potentially leave. Looking over the scholarship distribution chart, there are at least one or two that makes sense.’

Every year there are a couple guys are kind of surprises/not who’d you would guess. And there are a couple that make sense. I’m not a huge fan of pointing to kids who ‘should’ leave or could potentially leave. Looking over the scholarship distribution chart, there are at least one or two that makes sense.’
I hear you.. you would think 'seniors to be' would be safe, just because it would be a bad look to get rid of a guy going in to his senior year, so it's prob in the soph/junior to be columns I guess.

I hear you.. you would think 'seniors to be' would be safe, just because it would be a bad look to get rid of a guy going in to his senior year, so it's prob in the soph/junior to be columns I guess.

Yep. It looks like there is a pig in the python at OL with last years class. I can’t imagine keeping all 6 redshirt freshman OL for the next couple years. There is one buried RB right now. And maybe a CB?

Again, who the hell knows? I would bet a lot depends on how spring ball goes.

Yep. It looks like there is a pig in the python at OL with last years class. I can’t imagine keeping all 6 redshirt freshman OL for the next couple years. There is one buried RB right now. And maybe a CB?

Again, who the hell knows? I would bet a lot depends on how spring ball goes.

agreed, you kick the junior or seniors that arent playing or contributing. Freshmen through sophomores have a chance to blow up, have the lights come on or what ever and become something special. If players still aren’t doing anything still by the time they are juniors and seniors...they never will.

I hope he becomes a success story. I hope he becomes a benchmark, for Frost to learn from, that he can take kids with a little more issues than most and make them into men.

Like another poster said, we don't know shit really other than hearsay and newspaper clippings (aka hearsay).

If he doesn't make it back, then it wasn't meant to be. And I hope he makes something of himself.

All I know is that he was our fastest guy in pads and when things were going well, he was on the sideline with a smile. He needs to understand how fortunate he is and what a great opportunity it is to be at a major university and be the fastest guy on the field.

Facing actual charges is not exactly hearsay.

Reactions: 9and4
I hope he becomes a success story. I hope he becomes a benchmark, for Frost to learn from, that he can take kids with a little more issues than most and make them into men.

Like another poster said, we don't know shit really other than hearsay and newspaper clippings (aka hearsay).

If he doesn't make it back, then it wasn't meant to be. And I hope he makes something of himself.

All I know is that he was our fastest guy in pads and when things were going well, he was on the sideline with a smile. He needs to understand how fortunate he is and what a great opportunity it is to be at a major university and be the fastest guy on the field.
Thanks

fwiw, i know many of you don't like sipple. i just listened to him discuss washington and in his opinion, he would be VERY surprised if washington is back.

Reactions: CatColumbia
fwiw, i know many of you don't like sipple. i just listened to him discuss washington and in his opinion, he would be VERY surprised if washington is back.
A very reasonable take, given the situation as most of us understand it. IF Mo wants to return, he will have to earn it.

Frost dumped two offensive starters at the beginning of the year without any true due blinking an eye. If he was going to dump Washington it would have happened many times already. Also, the # of the chances you give a kid the more likely you are to keep that kid around and make excuses for his behavior. We call that a "project" in my line of work. The amount of resources and work they have put into Mo so far just means they won't cut him loose unless he makes the clear decision to leave and not come back.

Frost dumped two offensive starters at the beginning of the year without any true due blinking an eye. If he was going to dump Washington it would have happened many times already. Also, the # of the chances you give a kid the more likely you are to keep that kid around and make excuses for his behavior. We call that a "project" in my line of work. The amount of resources and work they have put into Mo so far just means they won't cut him loose unless he makes the clear decision to leave and not come back.
I don’t think your comparing apples to apples.

I'm guessing since we haven't heard anything by now that Frost likely laid out the conditions necessary for Washington to return. He then likely told Washington to think about it and discuss it with his parents over the Christmas break. Mo probably has until the start of the 2nd semester to decide whether to accept those conditions which I would assume probably involve Mo earning his way back to the team with some demonstrated action(s). JMO.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
I don’t think your comparing apples to apples.
He could have sat on the rape case through the entire season and let it play out in court. As far as I could tell the students were only dismissed from the university after the season, on Dec 4th. Washington could very well go to jail for his "crime", but because of when and where it happened the university hasn't decided to suspend him considering they admitted him and only a couple small incidents have happened since. But incidents have happened on campus that would lead many coaches to dismiss a player...even one without a prior record of misconduct. Frost has an obvious abundance of patience for Mo's situation that he did not have in the other case. IMO he has handled it perfectly but the facts would lead me to believe Mo is going to be kept around until Mo decides to leave.

He could have sat on the rape case through the entire season and let it play out in court. As far as I could tell the students were only dismissed from the university after the season, on Dec 4th. Washington could very well go to jail for his "crime", but because of when and where it happened the university hasn't decided to suspend him considering they admitted him and only a couple small incidents have happened since. But incidents have happened on campus that would lead many coaches to dismiss a player...even one without a prior record of misconduct. Frost has an obvious abundance of patience for Mo's situation that he did not have in the other case. IMO he has handled it perfectly but the facts would lead me to believe Mo is going to be kept around until Mo decides to leave.
Since the two weren’t charged and still haven’t been, but it was reported to him as the coach he had to suspend them because of title 9. I’m not a expert by any means on title 9, it’s almost like you guilty and have to prove your innocent. Mo didn’t nothing to a coed

Reactions: bigredhunter
I never claimed it was. I don't even know how you gathered that together and thought it was worth posting in response. No offense
You did call it hearsay. He doesn't belong on the team after all this, quit defending him just because he's talented

Since the two weren’t charged and still haven’t been, but it was reported to him as the coach he had to suspend them because of title 9. I’m not a expert by any means on title 9, it’s almost like you guilty and have to prove your innocent. Mo didn’t nothing to a coed

"Mo didn’t nothing to a coed". Are you sure? I'll just say you should not be basing your opinion of Mo's importance to the team on his behavior. He had a rough semester. He is an extreme talent...a homerun hitter that the coaches desire. They also made a promise to his family AND he has had a series of tough breaks which makes it harder to cut him loose. He SHOULD be cut loose if all things were equal...but they never are....

"Mo didn’t nothing to a coed". Are you sure? I'll just say you should not be basing your opinion of Mo's importance to the team on his behavior. He had a rough semester. He is an extreme talent...a homerun hitter that the coaches desire. They also made a promise to his family AND he has had a series of tough breaks which makes it harder to cut him loose. He SHOULD be cut loose if all things were equal...but they never are....
Are you sure he did? I’m just saying frost is trying to treat everyone equally but yet each case has different merits.

Series of tough breaks?

Reactions: Mack In Motion
No, I didn’t call him being under investigation hearsay. That’s what you said. I’ll do as I please as well. Lmao
Exactly, you will defend him only because he's talented. If this was a walk on you'd want him gone. You have zero integrity

ADVERTISEMENT