ADVERTISEMENT

Coach you hated

Bill McCartney. Diabolical in his obsession over NU and a really odd dude.

Close 2nd would be Gary Barnett for the same obsession. Just not as loony as Bill.
Good one. It was like he was a heal manager in pro wrestling. Designating us as the enemy.

Dishonorable mention to Howard Schnellenberger who used to refer to Tom Osborne as DOCTOR Osborne (with a heavy emphasis on Dr.)

Reactions: Gonzo3705
I really hate Glen Mason. Dude was just a whiny bitch and it continues into his broadcasting days. Also hated Spurrier back in the day, but kind of like the dude now.
Terrible announcer and mediocre coach. But he could have knocked NU out of the national title game in 1993 by kicking a PAT to tie the game, but went for the win instead (no OT back then). Always respected him for that.

• Haha
Reactions: TFrazier
He won a Super Bowl
Terrible announcer and mediocre coach. But he could have knocked NU out of the national title game in 1993 by kicking a PAT to tie the game, but went for the win instead (no OT back then). Always respected him for that.

I've got the opposite opinion of him...he was at a shit school for football so hard to judge his coacbing abilities but everytime I heard him talk abot Tom and our program he was very complimentary.

He won a Super Bowl

I've got the opposite opinion of him...he was at a shit school for football so hard to judge his coacbing abilities but everytime I heard him talk abot Tom and our program he was very complimentary.
Glen did a great job at KU all things considered. And he was a huge fan of Nebraska and TO.

6hngvm.jpg
I can't remember his name, but that one coach who cheated while talking about how they always did things 'the right way' while complaining about others cheating. And then he would often complain about how players aren't loyal any more, than he left for another job in the middle of the night after proclaiming that he was there for life just a few hours prior. Just arrogant and entitled and never took any responsibility for the problems he caused. You know, that one coach.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I will say it. Any Nebraska Football coach that wins less than 9 games a year. I dont give a rats ass about other teams coaches, I would rather focus on our own soup sandwich going on in our backyard. Fix the problems you can fix.

I will say it. Any Nebraska Football coach that wins less than 9 games a year. I dont give a rats ass about other teams coaches, I would rather focus on our own soup sandwich going on in our backyard. Fix the problems you can fix.
Riley won 9 games one yea, and I still like SF better the Riley hire..

Bill Snyder.

Great coach. What he did at Kansas State truly is one of the greatest coaching jobs in college football history. Truly remarkable.

However. Losing to him felt like losing to Montgomery Burns.

Reactions: scarletred
Hayden Fry - guy got all the credit when he had a hall of fame coaching staff:
Stoops-Synder-Alvarez-Ferentz-McCarney

now some would say Fry developed those coaches and they became great because of their time with Fry but I say that is bullshit

unlike Fry - TO had to do it on his own - no assistants under TO amounted to jack squat — TO is a g.d. legend - too busy just steam rolling the competition to waste time mentoring his assistants

nothing personal, he beat their ars with a power towel. A Coach so bad, with little talent, made us look silly on the big stage when competing against our foes.
I go back to the Switzer era, plenty of reasons to hate, yet I don’t… I think that giant fat head had something to do with it

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
nothing personal, he beat their ars with a power towel. A Coach so bad, with little talent, made us look silly on the big stage when competing against our foes.
I go back to the Switzer era, plenty of reasons to hate, yet I don’t… I think that giant fat head had something to do with it

Dominate your foe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT