ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Rhule Podcast Released

Long interview but very good in helping to understand who he is as a person. Says all the right things, I can see why he's a good recruiter. I hope he has success on the field. We'll see but seems to me the players would definitely want to play for him.

Reactions: headcard
interesting he says he wishes he'd have been more aggressive during his time in CAR

seems he's putting that lesson to use here

Reactions: BleedRed78
Scott had a hard time not coming off as a pompous ass everytime he opened up his mouth. You can get away with that if you're Steve Spurrier and win everywhere. Not if you're Scott Frost the worst coach in NU football history.
Scott Frost - 16-31
Bill Jennings - 15-34-1
So by a few games, Jennings had a worse W/L record than Frost.

Reactions: scarletred
cant help but coming away from this interview pumped. Rhule sounds like a genuine, real dude. He has his head on straight. Might not be the most cutthroat guy out there, but he seems very smart, and seems like he is doing it the right way. He might crash and burn, but so far, he seems different, and seems like I guy that kids will follow. Has me excited about what he could become here.

Jennings was close though. Close.
Interestingly, Jennings was the coach that directly preceded the Bobfather. Can history repeat itself? From 1942-61, Nebraska was 68-120-4 under 7 coaches, with an average tenure of under 3 years per coach. To compare, Nebraska is 8 years out from the last winning coach and is a combined 35-50. So if Rhule can get NU back in the winning season column, this stretch of wretched season records still cannot be compared to the 20 years of failure in the post-war period.

Love the subtle shade at CU and Deion. We better beat them.

My little brother just graduated from CU and said there were multiple Lamborghinis and Ferraris in the student parking lot from all the rich Cali kids going to Boulder.
Many wealthy families send their kids who can't get into the Ivy League to CU. Their children are a stone's throw from mommy's and daddy's ski chalets. Nice gig if you can get it.

Reactions: putemintheaisles
Interestingly, Jennings was the coach that directly preceded the Bobfather. Can history repeat itself? From 1942-61, Nebraska was 68-120-4 under 7 coaches, with an average tenure of under 3 years per coach. To compare, Nebraska is 8 years out from the last winning coach and is a combined 35-50. So if Rhule can get NU back in the winning season column, this stretch of wretched season records still cannot be compared to the 20 years of failure in the post-war period.
I think we have already preceded full circle with the Frost and Riley years 38-56..

Presnell was 3-7 coached one year.
Lewandowki was 4-12 coached two years.
Potsy Clark 6-13 coached for one year.
Masterson the home run hire back in the day was 5-13 coached 2 years.
Glassford was 31-35 was here for five years
Eilliott 4-6 hung around for one year..
Jennings was 15-34-1 was here 7 years.

Winning Percentage 0.368..

Reactions: 9and4
I think we have already preceded full circle with the Frost and Riley years 38-56..

Presnell was 3-7 coached one year.
Lewandowki was 4-12 coached two years.
Potsy Clark 6-13 coached for one year.
Masterson the home run hire back in the day was 5-13 coached 2 years.
Glassford was 31-35 was here for five years
Eilliott 4-6 hung around for one year..
Jennings was 15-34-1 was here 7 years.

Winning Percentage 0.368..

Riley wasn’t good - but he was .500 - his record shouldn’t be diluted by including the frost years in his time

Those 18 games below .500 during the Riley and Frost years were a 100% on frost

I think it’s pretty evident Rhule can coach, particularly at the college level. I was worried about his recruiting, but he’s done great. Next year might be a bit rough with the learning curve, but that’s ok. I think we will see a difference.

I think it’s pretty evident Rhule can coach, particularly at the college level. I was worried about his recruiting, but he’s done great. Next year might be a bit rough with the learning curve, but that’s ok. I think we will see a difference.
When asked about how his teams have historically not won much year 1, he doesn't back away from saying the plan is to win. He said he kind of feels like THIS year was year 1 after Frost left.

Think about it, these were some of the guys on Jennings’ last team. Bob Brown, Dennis Claridge, Pat Fisher, Monte Kiffin, Larry Kramer, Warren Powers, “Thunder” Thornton, Mick Tingeloff, and Lloyd Voss. That is a sh*tload of talent. Your right Huskerfan2112, Jennings was close.
Set Bob up nice.

here's the trophy for any interested

football-the-bussin-bowl-trophy-v0-6eu5a82u9ez91.jpg

FhaW926XgAAl_Mg

I never realized or actually acknowledged what an awkward weirdo Scott Frost is after listening to Coach Rhule.

I think things are really heading the in right direction now from the top down. But win baby, win.
A lot of that was his fake persona to keep the frosturbators fapping

Riley wasn’t good - but he was .500 - his record shouldn’t be diluted by including the frost years in his time

Narratives have to be kept

Reactions: Redmich

Giving you the benefit of one winning season 2 of the 3 were still losing seasons..

Any other AD would have never stuck us with a head coach who had to ask who to hire that would have been worse than Pelini..

My little brother just graduated from CU and said there were multiple Lamborghinis and Ferraris in the student parking lot from all the rich Cali kids going to Boulder.
Lol

Giving you the benefit of one winning season 2 of the 3 were still losing seasons..

Any other AD would have never stuck us with a head coach who had to ask who to hire that would have been worse than Pelini..
then list Riley's record and Frost's record separately rather than put out that misleading record suggesting that Riley's record contributed to being 18 games below .500
you don't meld the records of any other coaches on your list

it's the default Frostzi tendency, even if subliminal, to protect Scotty - went on for 4+ years

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
then list Riley's record and Frost's record separately rather than put out that misleading record suggesting that Riley's record contributed to being 18 games below .500
you don't meld the records of any other coaches on your list

it's the default Frostzi tendency, even if subliminal, to protect Scotty - went on for 4+ years
Did you notice that I also included the rest of the 2022 season as 4-8 and he didn’t coach in anyone of the last 9 games.

It all gets included having 7 of the last 8 football season no matter if you like that fact or not…

With a better and competent hire by Hoody Doody, Nebraska may have never had to hire Moos therefore the Frost hire may have never happened..

Worst AD Nebraska ever hired..

I thought the Frosturbators would have ran out of lotion. Guess not. My username has never been more fitting

• Haha
Reactions: CatColumbia

When I buy my kid a $200k car I'm also going to send them to a public university

• Love
Reactions: SuperBigFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT