ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Kaz, the gift that keeps on giving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ATTN: Hoosker Du and HuskerTimOmaha

Cute first post, under a new account name.

So I have a decision to make, once again post links from former players at Iowa and Nebraska in support of Kaz and his coaching. Or, let the troll do his thing.

P.S.
One would think, with a televised game, there would be video of said punches thrown. Strangely enough, all the cameras missed it. Seriously, you just claimed a coach threw punches at a player. In college.

Decisions, decisions.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

HawktimusPrime

84ez2Qs.gif

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Cute first post, under a new account name.

So I have a decision to make, once again post links from former players at Iowa and Nebraska in support of Kaz and his coaching. Or, let the troll do his thing.

P.S.
One would think, with a televised game, there would be video of said punches thrown. Strangely enough, all the cameras missed it. Seriously, you just claimed a coach threw punches at a player. In college.

Decisions, decisions.

Okay,...so you doubt my words. Big F'n Whoop. You're a Nebraska fan, I'm an Iowa Alum, and closely associated with
certain people amongst the program.

Btw, the altercation happenedin the locker room, not on the side of the field. I'm curious at to what you speaking. Please
do share your information. The more truthful we are, the more undeniable my words will become.

You will note, that I have stated that some did in fact like him at Iowa. Not too many people though. Once again, another fact. Please tell me what I don't know about my own program.

Oops, I forgot to tease with one link, from a Syracuse site, in regards to Raymon (no d).

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/07/john_raymons_long_road_to_syra.html

After just a few months, in October of 2011, he left due to depression and because he did not have the proper support system in place. Two months later, he got a call from his high school girlfriend saying she was eight months pregnant. Their son, Jayden, was born Dec. 26.

This article also talks about his tragic upbringing as a kid, even citing he had (still does?) mental health issues and that's a reason the NCAA should grant him a transfer without penalty.

If that's not good enough, here's what an Iowa site had to say...

There was chatter during training camp that Raymon was unhappy and homesick (he also sustained an injury, which had slowed his progress at Iowa) and looking to leave; he was talked into staying then, but now it seems like that was only a temporary fix. It's unfortunate, but if a guy's not happy, forcing him to stay isn't going to make things better.

And if that's not good enough, let's add this from another Syracuse site...

According to Garcia, Raymon has chosen Syracuse over schools such as Temple and Maryland due to the location and education. Raymon will enroll at SU on July 1st. Garcia also mentions there are some eligibility issues that Raymon has, which remain slightly unclear.

There was also chatter he enrolled at Iowa Western, further supported by the IW football Twitter account welcoming him.

Originally posted by tarheelhusker:
HawktimusPrime

84ez2Qs.gif
Not sure what this is supposed to represent. I merely made a point to help clear the truth from the lies. If you don't believe me, then go ahead and go HawkeyeReport and merely ask about the situation. I guarantee you there will be some that will confirm every word that I'm saying.

Oh andTim, which player are you referring to in regards to whom you mentioned as working for you? For personal reasons, I would love to know who that is.

Oh yea, you did say locker room, my bad. Still, a college coach threw punches at a college player - on campus after a game in a locker room - and it never made it to the press?!? Seriously, 100+ players, plus coaches, trainers, others affiliated with the program, are in the locker room and nothing is reported till today. By you, in your first post, as an alum of Io_a.

By a coach so many hated. Come on man, I'm sure there's some things that have happened. I'm just as sure quite a bit is embellished.

He lurks here from time to time, more so on the Iowa paid site, if he chooses to share his name, that's up to him.

Oh yea, you did say locker room, my bad. Still, a college coach threw punches at a college player - on campus after a game in a locker room - and it never made it to the press?!? Seriously, 100+ players, plus coaches, trainers, others affiliated with the program, are in the locker room and nothing is reported till today. By you, in your first post, as an alum of Io_a.

By a coach so many hated. Come on man, I'm sure there's some things that have happened. I'm just as sure quite a bit is embellished.

Don't underestimate Captain Kirks ability to keep things quiet. This incident most definitely happened, and quite frankly the season didn't need any more drama behind the scenes.

Speaking of Kirk, make no mistake about it, he is THE Captain of the ship. NOTHING happens without his say so.
Remember, that no actual punches landed, this incident was broken up as fast as it lit off. The entire season was filled with drama.

What's with the spelling of Iowa if I may ask?

Nebraska owns the w.

Notice how you passed right by the Raymon (no d) response. If you're going to counter with something, make sure it's rock solid. It took me less than 5 minutes to find enough about Raymon (no d) to question his character and/or stability.

He lurks here from time to time, more so on the Iowa paid site, if he chooses to share his name, that's up to him.

I see, this was mentioned in the lounge on a couple of occasions right around the time Kaz left. By me and by another. I will say that both Blair and Tom most definitely knew. You can always tell when they know something, by them simply not answering a question asked.

It's their way to saying, "yup, but we're not going to talk about it." They never did take down the threads. I recently saw someone mention it a couple months back though. Not sure if it was the paid or free board.

Never pegged Kaz as the domestic abuse type, but definitely knew he had a serious problem controlling his temper. Ask your friend what he said to Adrian Clayborn about his health issue regarding his shoulder and arm. That wasn't very nice, I'll tell you that.

Re: more links

HTO....she has a FB page still up. Attractive lady...beautiful kids. From Carolina. I was in this situation when I was just 24 years old. I put everything I could in my beater car and didnt look back. In her case....I hope she takes him to the cleaners.

Just wondering Hawk........what is the domestic abuse type?

Hawk timesPrime, the gif was in response to your info on the nut job kaz and how it made me feel.
I could see why he would be an attractive hire to our very own fruitcake loon that got his wish to be fired.

No room for hotheads & wife beaters that bring disgrace to people that pay their salaries. Gif had nothing to do with you.

Party on dude!

Nebraska owns the w.

Notice how you passed right by the Raymon (no d) response. If you're going to counter with something, make sure it's rock solid. It took me less than 5 minutes to find enough about Raymon (no d) to question his character and/or stability.

That's what the W stands for eh? Okay.

Raymon had his issues, but he's not the only one Kaz had issues with. He's just the one who actually spoke out in public about it. After leaving of course. Kaz like I said was mostly grey area with most, and not liked by many others, with a few here and there that liked him. He was very much the same in his own attitude. Either he liked you, or he didn't.

From Twitter:

Colin Sandeman þ@ColinSandeman

@PlannedSickDays what's 3rd degree? Cuz if it's calling somebody a c*** s***** m*****f***** then that's standard protocol for him.

Got this from the Hawkeye Lounge, I don't see it on his page anymore though. It was definitely there this morning. I swear the players never lose that controlling yourself with the media play taught to them from Kirk. Kind of annoying to be honest.

Always love "the truth" that comes out well after the fact. I can't believe Ferentz controlled the fans from ever discussing it in person, on a message board or via phone. That's damn near Paterno-ish control.

Speaking of Clayborn...

2013 tweet:
Coach Kaz stopping by to see ya boy! Most Iowa fans don't like him now but he taught Karl @christian_B99 and myself much. Can't turn my back

If that's not enough, while he was a coach at Nebraska, Kaz met with Clayborn down in Florida to go view some film and chat football. Weird, a hated coach accepted by his former player.

Oh, one more thing, is it not true Kaz was considered a dark horse to take over the DC position at Iowa, 2 weeks before he left and took a postion at Nebraska?

There will always be disgruntled players, and from the LONG LIST of departures from Io_a - many that weren't on the DL - it looks like Ferentz had bigger issues.

Can't remember the earlier post, 30 players transferred from 3 recruiting classes? 30. Let us know what position each played and why the left.

Or, just admit, problems were a hell of a lot deeper than a position coach.

Always love "the truth" that comes out well after the fact. I can't believe Ferentz controlled the fans from ever discussing it in person, on a message board or via phone. That's damn near Paterno-ish control.

Speaking of Clayborn...

2013 tweet:
Coach Kaz stopping by to see ya boy! Most Iowa fans don't like him now but he taught Karl @christian_B99 and myself much. Can't turn my back

If that's not enough, while he was a coach at Nebraska, Kaz met with Clayborn down in Florida to go view some film and chat football. Weird, a hated coach accepted by his former player.

Oh, one more thing, is it not true Kaz was considered a dark horse to take over the DC position at Iowa, 2 weeks before he left and took a postion at Nebraska?

I told you some players did indeed like him Tim. Although, I believe it had a lot to do with whether he liked them or not. This negates absolutely NOTHING that I've said. Nothing. Dark horse candidate maybe, but Phil Parkers job unless someone else REALLY special came along. He wanted the position and that was not secret.

We're talking about a man who flips out at Village Inn and makes a scene(if the rumor from Lincoln are true), almost gets into a fist fight with a player, gets into a huge shouting match with another Nebraska coach during a game, and then throws a picture with frame at his wifes head.

I mean come on now, is him being an ##$#$ and being disliked by many of the Iowa former so hard to believe?

Re: more links

Originally posted by huskergina:
HTO....she has a FB page still up. Attractive lady...beautiful kids. From Carolina. I was in this situation when I was just 24 years old. I put everything I could in my beater car and didnt look back. In her case....I hope she takes him to the cleaners.
I hope so too. Looks like eichorst pulled the trigger at the right time with getting rid of Bozo

There will always be disgruntled players, and from the LONG LIST of departures from Io_a - many that weren't on the DL - it looks like Ferentz had bigger issues.

Can't remember the earlier post, 30 players transferred from 3 recruiting classes? 30. Let us know what position each played and why the left.

Or, just admit, problems were a hell of a lot deeper than a position coach.

Not telling me anything I don't already know here. One of the biggest falls in recent time, was the loss of Norm Parker. Lots of behavior issues, players mad about not starting, not happy with the GD system, etc.

Kaz was an issue though. I don't have to admit what you ask, because I didn't deny there aren't/weren't many problems facing the problems right now.

I will say though, that like I mentioned before, this incident doesn't surprise me. There was always a sort of unhinged menace to Kaz. Intense is one thing, actually being angry for the littlest of mistakes was another. Bernstine was a pretty laid back kid(when not on field), to think Kaz actually pissed him off enough to make happen what happened is surprising and not surprising all at the same time. Just found it kind of funny it was him.

Now you bring up a Village Inn rumor, from RSS as if it's fact? Someone pinch me, is this real life!?!?....

You claim to be on the inside and you don't know if he was a dark horse candidate or not? Seriously, I don't get it... He was a dark horse, it was reported by Io_a website's, all the way up to 2 weeks (as short as 8 days?) before he accepted the Nebraska job. For someone that was so "hated by his players", and so many people knew about it - including the media - how in the hell could he be a dark horse right before he leaves. It makes no sense. You know why, because he passed up an offer to join Nebraska's staff the year before. And when it became obvious to him he wasn't going to get the Io_a DC job, he accepted the second offer from Pelini.

It's also hard to know for sure how members of the Iowa football coaching staff conduct themselves on a regular basis because all but about two or three of the team's practices throughout the year are closed to the public.

So, we'll just have to take the Iowa defensive linemen at their word when they say that the atmosphere is better with Reese Morgan coaching them as opposed to Rick Kaczenski, who resigned as the defensive line coach shortly after last season to take the same job at Nebraska.

Kaczenski had his way of doing things, and according to accounts from current and former players, his way often was to get in your face and scream until you did what he wanted you to do.

Morgan, on the other hand, has a different kind of intensity, the players say. He rarely has to scream for his message to be heard.

"You just had to try and block it out and be positive with it," Iowa senior defensive end Joe Gaglione said of Kaczenski's tendency to loudly criticize his players. "I still think he's a great coach. He definitely got the best out of players when he was here.

"But it definitely is easier to respond to positive enthusiasm rather than negative enthusiasm."

Now this particular piece is about as telling as you're going to see in public. Especially when speaking of a KF coached team. I'm surprised this even made it out there to be honest.

The words speak volumes though, especially when you understand how the players are trained in how to respond to questions.

Note, it does include praise about his ability to coach.

Joe Gaglione

I'm well aware of some players not happy with him, just like many other coaches at Io_a, Nebraska and any school with sports.

I had the chance to sit in one of Io_a's largest boosters suites back in 2012 when we played at Kinnick. I'm not dense to what's been said by some, on both sides of the fence. I feel confident enough in saying, Io_a fans have a truckload of sour grapes in regards to him.

Regardless, if the police report is remotely accurate, he's a piece of shit. Period.

Now you bring up a Village Inn rumor, from RSS as if it's fact? Someone pinch me, is this real life!?!?....

You claim to be on the inside and you don't know if he was a dark horse candidate or not? Seriously, I don't get it... He was a dark horse, it was reported by Io_a website's, all the way up to 2 weeks (as short as 8 days?) before he accepted the Nebraska job. For someone that was so "hated by his players", and so many people knew about it - including the media - how in the hell could he be a dark horse right before he leaves. It makes no sense. You know why, because he passed up an offer to join Nebraska's staff the year before. And when it became obvious to him he wasn't going to get the Io_a DC job, he accepted the second offer from Pelini.

No, I very pointedly made sure to include that it was possibly a rumor. It wouldn't surprise me though. It seems like a fairly out of the blue rumor though.

If someone sat around thinking to themselves "Hey, I think I'll start a rumor about Coach Kaz losing his #$#$3 at a Village Inn today." I wouldn't say it was impossible, just kind of a weird way to go about it.

I say maybe with the Dark Horse by the way. Like I said it was Phil Parkers unless he left, or unless Kirk found someone really special. Phil was no doubt the most qualified and most KF like in his approach.

Yes Kaczenski was happy to join Nebraska, but he also left on fairly bad terms. This is a fact.

From what I've heard from some players, and what I witnessed at practices last year, I always thought Kaz was a huge P.O.S. I didn't quite think he was a wife beater, though I can't say I'm surprised. Hope she and the kids end up okay.

Oh no the horror, a football coach getting after his players. I had that shit happen to me as a 9-year old and anyone that played for Forrest Dalton knows what I'm talking about. Or even later on with Kevin Kimble (might be wrong on first name), and this was in grade school and junior high.

Maybe, just maybe, Io_a DL could only be matched with NFL draftees under Kaz not just by his technical ability to coach but also his style. Has Io_a had the same or better DL NFL draft success since he left?

I'll answer that, it's no. Io_a hasn't had 1 guy from their DL get drafted since Kaz left and that spans 3 NFL drafts.

Taeheel, your post makes absolutely no sense.

There's some great trolling on RSS, it's one of the things I miss about it.

You say he left on bad terms but 8 days before he leaves, he's a dark horse to take over as a defensive coordinator. Such turmoil, but could possibly be the DC.

I'm still waiting for someone to pinch me.

Originally posted by tarheelhusker:
Hawk timesPrime, the gif was in response to your info on the nut job kaz and how it made me feel.
I could see why he would be an attractive hire to our very own fruitcake loon that got his wish to be fired.

No room for hotheads & wife beaters that bring disgrace to people that pay their salaries. Gif had nothing to do with you.

Party on dude!
OK, I get it now. Sorry..

I'm well aware of some players not happy with him, just like many other coaches at Io_a, Nebraska and any school with sports.

I had the chance to sit in one of Io_a's largest boosters suites back in 2012 when we played at Kinnick. I'm not dense to what's been said by some, on both sides of the fence. I feel confident enough in saying, Io_a fans have a truckload of sour grapes in regards to him.

Regardless, if the police report is remotely accurate, he's a piece of shit. Period.

Glad we can agree on that last sentence. Sure there are some sour grapes, but I cannot iterate enough how word of how he was behind the scenes was already being spoken of in certain circles, including message boards, BEFORE him going to Nebraska was even a thought. That is also a fact, and a lot of it came from reports from people who ran the boards about his harshness.

Plus, it really got heated when the line production fell in 2010. Anyways, the bolded is something I find VERY interesting.

Anyways, I don't personally have sour grapes against you because of Kaz, I don't particularly like you guys either, but I don't particularly like a lot of the other schools . It's healthy in keeping the games nice and tense between us.

I personally was very excited with the Nebr_sk_ _niversity joined our ranks. Good to have a relatively peaceful talk between us. I'm sure you can probably understand the lack of vowels above,..just a little jab.

Oh no the horror, a football coach getting after his players. I had that shit happen to me as a 9-year old and anyone that played for Forrest Dalton knows what I'm talking about. Or even later on with Kevin Kimble (might be wrong on first name), and this was in grade school and junior high.

Maybe, just maybe, Io_a DL could only be matched with NFL draftees under Kaz not just by his technical ability to coach but also his style. Has Io_a had the same or better DL NFL draft success since he left?

I'll answer that, it's no. Io_a hasn't had 1 guy from their DL get drafted since Kaz left and that spans 3 NFL drafts.

Davis may go first round, LTP will likely get drafted. Drew Ott has a chance to go when his time is up. The best D-line players arguably were there before he got there. Kampman, Roth, Cole, Babineaux, etc.

I will say though, that Kaz had the best overall unit in Klug, Clayborn, Binns, Daniels, Ballard.

Kroul and King both played in the NFL, but they were good even before Kaz got there.

I'd say the loss of Norm parker was MUCH more significant in terms of the defense losing a step or two.

I was pretty active checking out all kinds of B1G teams message boards when it was announced NU was joining the conference. Stayed pretty active checking things out up till the summer of 2012. I don't recall reading anything a out him, up till right before be took the NU position. Not saying it wasn't out there, just not something I recall, and add in a former player of his working for me, well....

The bold isn't that interesting, he seemed like an awesome guy but he's also a huge fan of Ferentz. That's good for us Husker fans and other west division teams. ;)

Originally posted by HawktimusPrime:

Speaking of Clayborn...

2013 tweet:

I told you some players did indeed like him Tim. Although, I believe it had a lot to do with whether he liked them or not. This negates absolutely NOTHING that I've said. Nothing. Dark horse candidate maybe, but Phil Parkers job unless someone else REALLY special came along. He wanted the position and that was not secret.

We're talking about a man who flips out at Village Inn and makes a scene(if the rumor from Lincoln are true), almost gets into a fist fight with a player, gets into a huge shouting match with another Nebraska coach during a game, and then throws a picture with frame at his wifes head.

I mean come on now, is him being an ##$#$ and being disliked by many of the Iowa former so hard to believe?
Don't waste your breath. Anyone providing the mountain of proof that RK was a tool falls on deaf ears with Tim. The greatest indictment of RK's character was the fact that he attacked his wife. But Tim believes that the football players who may be influenced...either by intimidation or other means...carries much more weight. Sigh... He knows that if a guy will attack his wife, he is capable of many other unsavory activities...but he won't admit to being wrong about RK, because that of course would actually mean someone else was right.

Iowa fans are right on this guy's character. It's just a surprise that it took this long for it to be completely brought to light, and sad that it took his wife being harmed to reveal RK's issues.

This post was edited on 3/23 8:49 PM by Hoosker Du

Yea, the one thing that stood out to me researching him was a lack of recruiting prowess. But his on field results were so damn good it trumped the lack of a strong recruiting history.

How cute, potato du doesn't get it hours later but the Io_a fan understands it fairly quickly...

"Good to have a relatively peaceful talk between us."

Poor potato, one day the fry dropper and salt specialist will help you.

I was pretty active checking out all kinds of B1G teams message boards when it was announced NU was joining the conference. Stayed pretty active checking things out up till the summer of 2012. I don't recall reading anything a out him, up till right before be took the NU position. Not saying it wasn't out there, just not something I recall, and add in a former player of his working for me, well....

The bold isn't that interesting, he seemed like an awesome guy but he's also a huge fan of Ferentz. That's good for us Husker fans and other west division teams. ;)

It was mentioned quite a bit actually, which was is what helped elevate the loathing from the fan base during his sudden departure. Not too many people were exactly broken up by hearing he had moved on. But let's face it, our fan bases were at each others throats WAY before you guys came to the B1G.

I know a lot of the Nebraska fans claimed to not have seen it on our boards, but there was actually quite a bit of talk about him before his move. Like I said particularly towards the end of 2010 and throughout the 2011 season. I as well as others had noticed his style for awhile and how it was too abrasive for some tastes.

I was surprised how many other people spoke of it, as he was pretty well regarded by the fans until the word about how he was started coming out. I'm not above admitting that the decline in the d-line had a lot to do with why he was suddenly drawing heat from fans, but he was being spoken of very highly by a lot of people as a coaching talent to look out for, and a good recruiter for us.

Can't out run your true nature forever though.

Well, hopefully Rivals actually upgrades their message board format/design/servers (or whatever the technical term is) soon as I hear it involves archiving threads and posts. So if that's accurate, there will be no more "it was there", "no it wasn't" type responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT