ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Frost Tweet

A well produced video trying to revive the Husker fan base.

Unfortunately, they left out the ending...the following was brought to you by Kool-Aid. Winking

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yep. Pretty disappointing. I listened to the audio on the radio. 20 years ago I would have listened to the whole thing. Half way through, I assume, I told myself this thing isn't going anywhere. I can listen to it later......

Yep. Pretty disappointing. I listened to the audio on the radio. 20 years ago I would have listened to the whole thing. Half way through, I assume, I told myself this thing isn't going anywhere. I can listen to it later......
It sure didn't. The voice sounded like a bad imitation of Don LaFontaine, but "in a world" would have been a less cringe-inducing line than half the script they went with :|

I thought it was a cool video and I enjoyed it. Honestly, I will probably watch it around a hundred times. I really do not understand the backlash to any and everything Husker related, by our own fans.

I don't mind the hype videos as every school does them, and it does give me a bit of hype for the season. This one to me fell flat. Others may love it and that is cool with me, just not my taste on this one. SO far I have really liked what has come out of our creative department. I think they are killing it.

Reactions: headcard
I don't mind the hype videos as every school does them, and it does give me a bit of hype for the season. This one to me fell flat. Others may love it and that is cool with me, just not my taste on this one. SO far I have really liked what has come out of our creative department. I think they are killing it.
There's only so much hype stuff you can do. Sign the recruits, and get on the field and start winning. All else is gloss.

I thought it was a cool video and I enjoyed it. Honestly, I will probably watch it around a hundred times. I really do not understand the backlash to any and everything Husker related, by our own fans.
the vid came off like 'trolling' by the head coach

With the way the other coaches and athletic department were hyping this, I thought it was going to be some huge announcement, but after watching the video, I felt like Ralphie when he finally got his decoder ring and found out what the secret message was.
Lv2WNKu.gif

crummy-commercial.gif

If we don't see much improvements from last year in the Big 10 with our play on the field and record, what would the fans and media say about Frost and his staff? I have seen college coaches turn around bad teams into good teams 1-2 years so lets see what Frost does in his 3rd year. We can't keep making excuses and blame previous coaches in the past. That's history. Other coaches have done the same around the country with players that they didn't recruit with winning results.

Reactions: blackbones
If we don't see much improvements from last year in the Big 10 with our play on the field and record, what would the fans and media say about Frost and his staff? I have seen college coaches turn around bad teams into good teams 1-2 years so lets see what Frost does in his 3rd year. We can't keep making excuses and blame previous coaches in the past. That's history. Other coaches have done the same around the country with players that they didn't recruit with winning results.
Some coaches like Saban at Alabama turned it around very fast. Others like McCarthney at Colorado took much longer. Every single situation is different. There are many reasons it can take longer to turn it around at one place than another. Pointing that out is not making excuses. As for what people will say if we didn’t turn it around next year, I would imagine the same stuff some are saying 24/7 right now.

Last edited:
Because they seem tacky, and a waste of time when the program is performing at a low level?
A waste of whose time? You think the players and coaches are making them? It’s May and the players aren’t even here. This is what college football teams do and it has nothing to do with the level and which they are performing. Get a grip on reality.

Some coaches like Saban at Alabama turned it around very fast. Others like McCarthney at Colorado took much longer. Every single situation is different. There are many reasons it can take longer to turn it around at one place than another. Pointing that out is not making excuses. As for what people will say if we didn’t turn it around next year, I would imagine the same stuff some are saying 24/7 right now.

If we are in the exact same situation a year from now, Frost will be in the hot seat.

ADVERTISEMENT