ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Fish on losing recent FL recruits

the numbers, at present, indicate other big ten coaching staffs have been more successful at sacrificing and putting their arms around their 2020 recruits in order to help them stay on their campuses and “ride the wave”
i don’t like seeing recruits leave either, but I get the perception that the staff is more aggressive in recruiting, taking more chances and over signing and cutting players when it isn’t working. To me, that seems more in line with what happens at top programs. I know we don’t have that kind of record yet, and there is room for improvement, but a higher level of churn due to competition and playing time seem like positives when compared to Ohio states, Bamas, clemsons, OU etc. I am not sure we should strive to be like the average big ten team.

Michigan had a defensive end from the 2020 class transfer home to Rutgers. Transfers, regardless of class are not unique to Nebraska...

that guy had been on campus since January 2020 - early enrollee

Didn’t decide to bail after week or so

I don’t think it’s any secret that recruiting Florida is a High Risk/High Reward proposition. That’s going to be the case for any northern school that is looking to add players from Florida. The question to ask is, what is Nebraska not doing to help these kids assimilate to the college experience?
It was damned tough this year especially to get kids in the flow. Hell they had to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks when they got to Lincoln. That gives a kid WAY too much time to sit and stew.

The fact that it was “after a week or so” seems to suggest that they had already decided before spending a week in Nebraska... that’s my opinion.

Yours is Frost sucks.

I like mine better...
My oldest spent 3 days at ISU before he called home miserable. His roommate was a dweeb and it just didn't feel right for a lifelong Husker fan even though they had a much higher rated engineering program than NU. I made some phone calls to Lincoln and found him a spot to live. Called him back and told him to pack his bags. NU honored his scholarship offer. Never looked back. I said from the start of this deal that there were going to be a lot of kids reconsidering their college choices this fall.

Apparently there isn't you'd know about common sense.

But people thinking an entire state is "scary" is definitely not it.
Well that’s too bad. We could’ve definitely relied on their help had they not left for “scary states.”

ADVERTISEMENT