ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Fish on losing recent FL recruits

What was said? Can't see at work

"Travis Fisher says it's "unfortunate" to lose a couple kids from Florida in this recruiting class. Said it's been hard for kids to move away from home. Noted that the experience between visiting in 2019 vs. being on campus in 2020 was much different."

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
When players were essentially mothballed, told the season could be as far as fall of 2021 away, and still may have no one there to watch, all while having limited contact with other students, this happens.

Attitudes should change a bit now with the season around the cornee, but this year is nothing like what the students planned for college life.

When players were essentially mothballed, told the season could be as far as fall of 2021 away, and still may have no one there to watch, all while having limited contact with other students, this happens.

Attitudes should change a bit now with the season around the cornee, but this year is nothing like what the students planned for college life.

there are 25+ 2020 recruits from Florida at other big ten schools not to mention dozens of others from big 12 - ACC and other SEC states and this isn’t happening to the degree it is at Neb

if it is the kids it seems like it is mainly the kids that are recruited and commit to Neb

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
there are 25+ 2020 recruits from Florida at other big ten schools not to mention dozens of others from big 12 - ACC and other SEC states and this isn’t happening to the degree it is at Neb

if it is the kids it seems like it is mainly the kids that are recruited and commit to Neb
Look who chimes in, right on cue. There are multiple kids entering the transfer portal every day, this isn't just at Nebraska.

Your mom and wants to know if you want meatloaf or fish sticks for dinner?

No doubt it’s because Frost is a coward and quite childish... has to be that.

We were losing Florida players before the pandemic, and Francois specifically never seemed solid with us. Sure this year’s circumstances may have played a role, but the bottom line is we need to always work on keeping the players we want to stay, regardless where they’re from.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Look who chimes in, right on cue. There are multiple kids entering the transfer portal every day, this isn't just at Nebraska.

we are talking about 2020 recruits

as of the site below - updated 9/28

there hasn't been a single big ten 2020 recruit that got on campus this summer and is now in the transfer portal - let alone two 4 stars
not a single big ten school other than Neb

transfer portal

Last edited:
we are talking about 2020 recruits

as of the site below - updated 9/28

there hasn't been a single big ten 2020 recruit that got on campus this summer and is now in the transfer portal - let alone two 4 stars
not a single big ten school other than Nebraska

transfer portal
I clicked on the link you provided, saw 11 players down, Payton Ramsey in the portal from Indiana and then further down Max Bortenschlager in the portal from Maryland, then stopped looking because you are so full of crap it’s unbelievable.

“Not a single big ten school other than Nebraska.” Right. Thanks for the link that proves you are full of crap.

Edit: missed that you limited it to this summer. That being said, I still think you are full of crap because the only research you do is anti-Nebraska research.

I don’t think it’s any secret that recruiting Florida is a High Risk/High Reward proposition. That’s going to be the case for any northern school that is looking to add players from Florida. The question to ask is, what is Nebraska not doing to help these kids assimilate to the college experience?

[
I clicked on the link you provided, saw 11 players down, Payton Ramsey in the portal from Indiana and then further down Max Bortenschlager in the portal from Maryland, then stopped looking because you are so full of crap it’s unbelievable.

“Not a single big ten school other than Nebraska.” Right. Thanks for the link that proves you are full of crap.

Edit: missed that you limited it to this summer. That being said, I still think you are full of crap because the only research you do is anti-Nebraska research.

those 2 players entered the portal in 2020 - they weren't 2020 recruits that have already bailed

Payton Ramsey - class of 2016
Max Bortenschlagen - class of 2016

do you really think I said no other big ten school has any player it the transfer portal this year ... good grief .
Fisher was specifically talking about the 2020 recruiting class

[

those 2 players entered the portal in 2020 - they weren't 2020 recruits that have already bailed

I see you quoted my edit as well. Thanks for telling me what I already admitted I missed. Again, thanks for the anti-Nebraska post. It was expected.

Question... will you start supporting the huskers again if/when Frost moves on?

[

do you really think I said no other big ten school has any player it the transfer portal this year ... good grief .
I didn’t look at commit date... sorry I missed that initially. Good grief.

But as you saw in my edit, I admitted my mistake. Must be brutal to live with you... even when someone makes a mistake and admits it, you jump on them for what they missed. Keep up the crusade against the huskers... you are a pro at it!

Reactions: RedMyMind
Probably didn’t help that pandemic wise things got kind of scary in Florida a few months ago.
The mask mandates, (I know some of you hate them) really helped Florida get things under control this summer.

But the Governor, just opened everything up.. incl bars and restaurants, full capacity.

I think most cities still have mask mandates, and in west palm beach, people are still wearing them in the stores and such, but I'm curious to see if we get a big spike again.

I think things would be much safer in Nebraska than here.. so I'm not sure that the pandemic scared Fl recruits into leaving Nebraska. Homesick, I can see, or need to be near family makes sense.

Reactions: Clemke32
We were losing Florida players before the pandemic, and Francois specifically never seemed solid with us. Sure this year’s circumstances may have played a role, but the bottom line is we need to always work on keeping the players we want to stay, regardless where they’re from.
Thank you. IIRC both those kids quit before the B1G ever postponed anything.

Reactions: HominidHusker

But as you saw in my edit, I admitted my mistake. Must be brutal to live with you... even when someone makes a mistake and admits it, you jump on them for what they missed. Keep up the crusade against the huskers... you are a pro at it!

you know there is a delete function for the times when a post misses the mark so badly it should simply cease to exist

[

Could be that those 2 players had liberal bs in their ear, got literally scared for their life and made a life altering decision based on bad information. Or maybe not.

Reactions: wkato
I believe that it shouldn’t come as a shock that Francois and Greene transferred. We all remember the drama on signing day with Francois and Greene was a surprise commit. I don’t believe we spent the whole year recruiting and building a relationship with them. They were both somewhat as a surprise or icing on the cake per say. Going forward I’d be skeptical with any last day surprise additions. That’s why it’s so important to have our class sealed prior to Signing day.

you know there is a delete function for the times when a post misses the mark so badly it should simply cease to exist
I also know that if I delete and you are responding already I look foolish either way. So rather than attempt to hide, I choose to admit my mistake with an edit.

Now... when will you be a fan again? Does Frost have to be fired, or can he just move on? It would be awesome if you would spend your time researching for positives instead of negatives.

I spent 20 minutes going through that list trying to prove you wrong. For you to go through the hole list must have taken over an hour. Why spend that time to prove once again what we already know, that you hate Frost?

[

so when are you going to grow some balls and actually own up on not being a Husker fan? We all know your not, you can stop pretending....never mind, your not even doing that right.

Nebraska this 2020 class lost 2 players because of family issues due to the coronavirus (Gray and Greene), so forgive me if I’d DONT count those two, not to mention we added Nadab Joseph. Francois is the lone player that left, just to leave. So again, man up and finally admit you are no Husker fan.

Last edited:
@jlb321, just as a point of reference... I counted over 150 B1G players in the portal. You would have to access each player individually and check their history to see that only Nebraska has 2020 commits in the portal. That would take some time to check all of those names.

Why spend so much time doing that? Why do you hate Frost?

Reactions: egaRdeR
@jlb321, just as a point of reference... I counted over 150 B1G players in the portal. You would have to access each player individually and check their history to see that only Nebraska has 2020 commits in the portal. That would take some time to check all of those names.

Why spend so much time doing that? Why do you hate Frost?

Oh he has the time and the wrist power. Not sure why he is such a Frost hater. Hopefully we have a great season, and he admits to some crow.

female energy from that guy

Frost is everything he wishes he could be.

it makes me wonder what he’s going to do once Frost and the Huskers turn the corner? It’s going to happen, Frost will have are Huskers winning sooner then later (MAYBE even as soon as this season). The Huskers aren’t going to continue to lose like he hopes. He’s literally going to have nothing to kick the Huskers about then. Maybe he will finally change his avatar and go back to his own teams board then???

it makes me wonder what he’s going to do once Frost and the Huskers turn the corner? It’s going to happen, Frost will have are Huskers winning sooner then later (MAYBE even as soon as this season). The Huskers aren’t going to continue to lose like he hopes. He’s literally going to have nothing to kick the Huskers about then. Maybe he will finally change his avatar and go back to his own teams board then???
He’s been around long enough, I really do think he is a husker fan… But I’ve never seen anyone hate Frost more than this guy. It doesn’t make sense.

He’s been around long enough, I really do think he is a husker fan… But I’ve never seen anyone hate Frost more than this guy. It doesn’t make sense.

dudes got a sickness. It’s like a lil girl in middle school that’s got a stalker type illness when it comes to Frost. I swear JIB321 is Mike Riley’s son or something and now has a grudge for his daddy Mike getting fired.

Last edited:
The original post was Coach Fish, showing some empathy for everyone living through the pandemic and his players far away from home. That turned into the board stalker slinging mud at the staff, so here is another try.

The original post was Coach Fish, showing some empathy for everyone living through the pandemic and his players far away from home. That turned into the board stalker slinging mud at the staff, so here is another try.

the numbers, at present, indicate other big ten coaching staffs have been more successful at sacrificing and putting their arms around their 2020 recruits in order to help them stay on their campuses and “ride the wave”

the numbers, at present, indicate other big ten coaching staffs have been more successful at sacrificing and putting their arms around their 2020 recruits in order to help them stay on their campuses and “ride the wave”
and why do you think that is?

You’re referring to all of the schools that have players opting out?Did all those players fight and filed a lawsuit to bring back the B10? We lost 3 kids who went to smaller programs. That tells me that they probably weren’t ready for B10 football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT