ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Cav offers Teven Jenkins a 6'6' 290 lb....

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
OL out of Topeka, Kansas. He is the 4th ranked player in the state of KS this year, Big boy! Go get him Coach! GBR!

Originally posted by HuskerBorn:
OL out of Topeka, Kansas. He is the 4th ranked player in the state of KS this year, Big boy! Go get him Coach! GBR!
Cav's also going after a smaller guy at 255lb as an OG. Seems a might bit small, but I really don't know anything about developing the big boys.

It also seems like, the kid out of South High and one other DE recruit in that link, are both right around 210 or 215, again, seems a bit light for the position even though I know they are projecting a bulk.

This post was edited on 3/5 9:14 PM by jflores

I guess frame and muscle twitch mean a lot ; look at Gregory, under 240 at times. Plus these are young people and how they physically mature means a lot; packing 30-50 pounds of fat on doesn't impress me at this age. I believe it was in the 70's , Georgia won a national title with a tough D line averaging 228 or so; basically all db's today.

Originally posted by jflores:
Cav's also going after a smaller guy at 255lb as an OG. Seems a might bit small, but I really don't know anything about developing the big boys.
The kid is also 16 years-old. He has plenty of time to get bigger. I'm sure he has a frame that projects towards a 300lb kid.

Originally posted by Cornicator:

Originally posted by jflores:

The kid is also 16 years-old. He has plenty of time to get bigger. I'm sure he has a frame that projects towards a 300lb kid.
Oh, the article was about offers that went out in the last couple weeks, I assumed he was to be a senior this year. Usually they are pretty good at pointing out if a guy is a "not this year, but next year" guy.

And I didn't mean to imply it was bad, just something I don't see everyday in terms of size.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT