ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Notes of Press Conference?

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
I am at work and can’t dive into this.

Can anyone share key takeaways and tidbits from the press conference? Anything of interest?

Trev & Matt get along.

Matt's dad is a preacher.

Matt's wife & family made the decision.

He wants to take small steps to reach the program's promiseland.

The Rhule family doesn't miss meals.
(No mention of Runza, yet)

Check the thread titled “press conf” and you will get caught up to speed. Good stuff.
I read through it. A lot of reactions and few specifics. Hard to follow.

I probably will just have to watch it myself tonight.

I am at work and can’t dive into this.

Can anyone share key takeaways and tidbits from the press conference? Anything of interest?

He mentioned development of players repeatedly, then he mentioned it some more. He said the three keys to winning are

Winning the line of scrimmage
Winning the line of scrimmage
and Winning the line of scrimmage.

Lots of fluff, as you would expect. He did say multiple times that Nebraska was returning to power football, and that the goal was to win in the trenches. Much of what both Trev and Matt said was looking at what worked in the Big Ten, and emulating that. Both Trev and Matt spoke about toughness, and having an identity.

ALSO, I think MJ is welcome if he wants to stay N, I think I did hear that in part as he was saying he needs to speak with the players and coaches section......fwiw, hope it all works out and MJ gets what he needs/ best for him.
The door is open, but Mickey has options. Plus, Rhule did fire one of Mickey's coaching friends. The odds are against him staying, but then even hiring Rhule didn't seem likely two weeks ago!

The Nebraska media is a bunch of dorks, that's about all I confirmed other than Rhule could talk a whore into church. Jake Bartecki from KWBE Beatrice asked the most coherent professional question of anyone. Not that I remember what it was!

Reactions: king_kong_
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT