ADVERTISEMENT

Clete Blakeman fuels the NFL/Pats conspiracy theory

spinner4

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/refere...ady-firing-conspiracy-theories-013714714.html

Former husker QB Blakeman was the first to congratulate Brady after the win so some of the "NE haters / NFL is rigged" conspiracy theorist are stating it proves the conspiracy.

I highly doubt it. IF the NFL really wanted NE to win or had a NE bias, they'd have tossed Barry Church after the H2H on Gronk. Church is celebrating after the foul was called. He did exactly what he wanted to do to Gronk. That H2H was 100% intentional

Reactions: nudan92
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/refere...ady-firing-conspiracy-theories-013714714.html

Former husker QB Blakeman was the first to congratulate Brady after the win so some of the "NE haters / NFL is rigged" conspiracy theorist are stating it proves the conspiracy.

I highly doubt it. IF the NFL really wanted NE to win or had a NE bias, they'd have tossed Barry Church after the H2H on Gronk. Church is celebrating after the foul was called. He did exactly what he wanted to do to Gronk. That H2H was 100% intentional
You can tell intent? That’s quite a skill.

IF the NFL really wanted NE to win or had a NE bias, they'd have tossed Barry Church after the H2H on Gronk. Church is celebrating after the foul was called. He did exactly what he wanted to do to Gronk. That H2H was 100% intentional

Ya, no but nice try. Church had a legit (non intentional) hit against Gronk, but it was too high which resulted in the flag. He celebrated, just like everyone else does in that exact same situation. There was nothing intentional about that hit.

10 years ago, Church is applauded for a big hit. Pussy America strikes again.

There was a Jacksonville punt return where the NE defender launched himself, head down, body parallel to the ground like Superman, with a direct helmet to helmet hit. No flag.

Bad look for Clete.

As for the hit, it was a great play by Church. Pretty much the only play he could make given the way Gronk was coming at him.

Heard the Pats had the lowest penalty total in a playoff game since 2011 yesterday...they tied their own total of one penalty from 7 years ago. Kind of says it all right there.

Prior to this game, Pat fans were furious that Clete and crew were reffing the game. I think they had lost the last three games Clete worked. How soon everyone forgets this game where Brady chased Clete off the field after Gronk got mugged in the endzone and the pass was picked. The crew said since Gronk was behind the pick, it wasn't interference.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy for the Pats. If anything it could be like the NBA where the stars get preferential treatment (which really grinds my gears). If the is some plan to assist one team over the other it would be evident in what isn't flagged as opposed to what is flagged. Much easier to claim you didn't see something compared to explaining on obvious bad call. Like I said, I don't believe there is anything to it.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy for the Pats. If anything it could be like the NBA where the stars get preferential treatment (which really grinds my gears). If the is some plan to assist one team over the other it would be evident in what isn't flagged as opposed to what is flagged. Much easier to claim you didn't see something compared to explaining on obvious bad call. Like I said, I don't believe there is anything to it.
You can't tell me that the NFL doesn't protect Brady and the pats some games it's so obvious. It would be interesting how Brady would do if there was more competition or if he played for the browns

You ever notice how the super good players that win a lot are protected...and the players that are bad and lose a lot are not protected.

You ever notice how the super good players that win a lot are protected...and the players that are bad and lose a lot are not protected.
It would say it's the same thing as a baseball top pitcher say Madison bumgarner to say the rookie or journeyman do you think the rookie is going to get the marginal call his way compared too Madison

You can't tell me that the NFL doesn't protect Brady and the pats some games it's so obvious. It would be interesting how Brady would do if there was more competition or if he played for the browns
On their 2nd to last touchdown drive, early in the possession (when they were behind the chains), Clete was staring at the Pats Right guard doing a great takedown that basically ended at his feet when Brady got the completion to trigger that drive.

If Jacksonville could get a play off without a delay of game penalty at the end of the first half (coming out of a timeout) people wouldn't be having this conversation.

Maybe, just maybe, New England has a good team. That has been known to win games

Jacksonville had been flagged for a league low 5 PI this entire year, yet they were flagged for 2 massive ones against New England in the span of 2 quarters of play. One was a horrendous call that gift wrapped NE a touchdown that got them back in the game. Funny how that always seems to workout in their favor.

So he wanted Rex to get a ring. I have no problem with it. It's good for recruiting. :)

Reactions: huskerfan1414
No official should be congratulating a player on the field. Extremely bad optics and just fuels all the NFL conspiracy loons who are almost as bad as the rivals-media anti Nebraska and ESPN SEC bias nut jobs

Maybe Brady shouldn't have tried to force a ball into an area where he knew his receiver was going to get smoked. Seems selfishness/stupidity on Brady's part more than an intentional hit on the receiver. QBs realize the terrible position DBs are in and try to force in throws that they would have never tried 10 years ago.

so it's bad for the ref to say 'good luck' in the super bowl, i believe Clete has integrity to not throw a game, come on folks, where in the rule book does it state that flags thrown have to be even on both teams, correct answer is nowhere. people are trying to stir shit up and make it the refs fault that the Pats won again.

Reactions: NUHuskerfan
Maybe Brady shouldn't have tried to force a ball into an area where he knew his receiver was going to get smoked. Seems selfishness/stupidity on Brady's part more than an intentional hit on the receiver. QBs realize the terrible position DBs are in and try to force in throws that they would have never tried 10 years ago.

I agree. Brady’s to blame too. But I don’t follow the “Pussy America” philosophy that Tim or others have. Honestly, only a few things on this board for 15 years have ever made me sick & that’s one of them. That’s just ridiculous. But I shouldn’t expect anything different from an over aged over weight guy who couldn’t do 1% of the things these guys do.

And I agree that there are aspects in life that people need to be a little tougher at but trying to eliminate certain tackles because they cause Brain injuries “isn’t pussy” IMO. It’s just smart and it’s called evolving as humans. There are many things in life we use to do because we thought they were OK at the time but learned later they were very harmful. IMO improveing to reduce serious harm doesn’t make one a pussy, it makes them smart.

I played football and I caught baseball. I remember seeing teammates laying motionless on the football field because of high hits. I know people who had concussions from football and how their brain was never really ok. I remember waking up on a baseball diamond after a play at the plate, when I much bigger guy knocked me out on my blind side as I was trying to catch a ball to make a tag. Back then, they taught us catchers to take off your mask & helmet in those situations. Now they keep them on and that’s “not pussy”.

Now was the hit intentional? I don’t know. None of us do. Only Church really knows that. Regardless, it was dirty and honestly woke NE up.

Reactions: jimbosc
ADVERTISEMENT