ADVERTISEMENT

Clean up this board?

kidofSN

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Can we clean up this board and stop having people attack the University and the opponents and each other? I realize this was an unusual circumstance but can we stop attacking one another. Judging one another and the other teams etc. Especially with untruths and partial facts.

Can we clean up this board and stop having people attack the University and the opponents and each other? I realize this was an unusual circumstance but can we stop attacking one another. Judging one another and the other teams etc. Especially with untruths and partial facts.
Weren't you the one attacking our coaches for how they caused us the loss of Gebbia with information like, "They did a lot of things to Gebbia that made him leave"?

Weren't you the one attacking our coaches for how they caused us the loss of Gebbia with information like, "They did a lot of things to Gebbia that made him leave"?
I wouldn't call it attacking and our coaches didn't handle that as well as they could have. Frost has admitted to that. Mistakes were made but that's water under the bridge. It is SO nice to hear a coach admit without getting angry that he may have made a mistake without blaming the media or fans.

I did question the way it was handled. However that is all I did. I do so for two reasons. Because this board was attacking Gebbia and the way it was handled was not very professional. As stated above Frost himself said it was not handled the best. If you think I attacked Frost as the AD and Akron were attacked this weekend I apologize. IF that is so then I did not handle my words correctly. Would not be the first time I made mistakes in my life. However I hope any mistakes I made does not come off as more than questioning how things are handled. IF so then I am guilty of the same things and should be called on the carpet for those mistakes!

I wouldn't call it attacking and our coaches didn't handle that as well as they could have. Frost has admitted to that. Mistakes were made but that's water under the bridge. It is SO nice to hear a coach admit without getting angry that he may have made a mistake without blaming the media or fans.
I would agree it is refreshing to hear mistakes were made. But you are assuming those mistakes Frosts admitted to were, 1. Which coach told Gebbia and 2, "Other things" that were never specified. It very well could be he thinks his mistake was in not pulling a Saban by keeping Gebbia on the hook until the time to transfer was over.

I don't see how the criticism of Frost for things never proven and the criticism for the AD department in the way they handled the cancellation are all that different.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

This is a free college football message board...if the posts aren't outright racist, sexist, and bigoted we are doing pretty good. I find this board to be very reasonable considering there isn't any discernible moderation. If we cannot assume, surmise, blame and then get unsubstantiated info, what is the point of the board? The practice of attempting to be a good human being while loving college football is a lost cause. You are living through 18-22 men who are sacrificing their brains for the 1% chance that they will make money in the NFL, and these men cycle through and are forgotten in 2-4 years. All the while this happens in the most historically corrupt sport in the history of corrupt american sports. There are good men who stand like islands in the sea of corruption, but for the most part we are enjoying a very violent, damaging, corrupt sport for the sake of entertainment.

I think what Coach Frost regretted about the process and the outcome was the fact that he totally misread or was deceived about Gebbia intentions were. Now this might have changed or was influenced by some outside forces on Sunday. But I think IF Coach Frost or Coach V had any indication that whoever wasn't chosen as the starter would bolt and wasn't a team first player and not totally buying into the creed, "I play for Nebraska", Yes they would have handled things differently.

I guess that's what honesty and bluntness gets you sometime.

It is what it is and don't mean to be picking at a scab that hasn't quite healed.

THIS.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
I think what Coach Frost regretted about the process and the outcome was the fact that he totally misread or was deceived about Gebbia intentions were. Now this might have changed or was influenced by some outside forces on Sunday. But I think IF Coach Frost or Coach V had any indication that whoever wasn't chosen as the starter would bolt and wasn't a team first player and not totally buying into the creed, "I play for Nebraska", Yes they would have handled things differently.

I guess that's what honesty and bluntness gets you sometime.

It is what it is and don't mean to be picking at a scab that hasn't quite healed.
I believe there's more to it than that but you think what you want. It's done and Frost will handle things differently next time. That doesn't mean that anybody thinks that he lied. The public just hasn't gotten every detail of the situation and I suspect that one of the conditions of Gebbia's release from his scholarship is that we don't. Mario's last statement I saw about the situation roughly said "we appreciate the professional manner in which Tristan is handling the situation". Why does Mario appreciate the "professional manner" in which Tristan is handling the situation?

Because this board was attacking Gebbia and the way it was handled was not very professional.

"This board" does almost nothing as one. If you are on here long, you will notice that there is total agreement on almost nothing. The mods do "clean up" to some extent, as needed - sometimes maybe more than needed - but if you play here you have to live with hearing a lot of stuff you won't like or agree with. Take it all with a grain of salt, this isn't being sent to the Regents or broadcast on CBS news.
Think of it as hearing people shoot the bull in a bar or a dorm lounge or at you next family holiday reunion.

Reactions: saluno22
I believe there's more to it than that but you think what you want. It's done and Frost will handle things differently next time. That doesn't mean that anybody thinks that he lied. The public just hasn't gotten every detail of the situation and I suspect that one of the conditions of Gebbia's release from his scholarship is that we don't. Mario's last statement I saw about the situation roughly said "we appreciate the professional manner in which Tristan is handling the situation". Why does Mario appreciate the "professional manner" in which Tristan is handling the situation?
Maybe I am being naive. I heard Coach Frost say that they were surprised by his departure and that gebbia handled the news well and said he would do whatever he had to do as far as working hard and making team better and then less than 36 to 48 hours later is gone.
Again maybe I am being naive but Coach Frost also said after that he wants players that want to be here and if they don't then they would help them out by doing what was best for them and wish them well.
If the coaching staff has done this, that also means they are not going to trash a kid on his way out the door. This does no one any good. That would be unprofessional of the staff and we needed this issue to be put to bed as soon as possible since it was game week.
You may absolutely have more information than me and I am in no way questioning that. I appreciate your info and insight.

Reactions: SOHusker11
This is a free college football message board...if the posts aren't outright racist, sexist, and bigoted we are doing pretty good. I find this board to be very reasonable considering there isn't any discernible moderation. If we cannot assume, surmise, blame and then get unsubstantiated info, what is the point of the board? The practice of attempting to be a good human being while loving college football is a lost cause. You are living through 18-22 men who are sacrificing their brains for the 1% chance that they will make money in the NFL, and these men cycle through and are forgotten in 2-4 years. All the while this happens in the most historically corrupt sport in the history of corrupt american sports. There are good men who stand like islands in the sea of corruption, but for the most part we are enjoying a very violent, damaging, corrupt sport for the sake of entertainment.

FREE? Why did I pay? The first poster is correct, and the
exact reason I notified Rivals to cancel my subscription when
the expiration date arrives. Unfortunately, there are no refunds.

FREE? Why did I pay? The first poster is correct, and the
exact reason I notified Rivals to cancel my subscription when
the expiration date arrives. Unfortunately, there are no refunds.
the Husker Board (this one) is a free board. RSS is the pay board.

I did question the way it was handled. However that is all I did. I do so for two reasons. Because this board was attacking Gebbia and the way it was handled was not very professional. As stated above Frost himself said it was not handled the best. If you think I attacked Frost as the AD and Akron were attacked this weekend I apologize. IF that is so then I did not handle my words correctly. Would not be the first time I made mistakes in my life. However I hope any mistakes I made does not come off as more than questioning how things are handled. IF so then I am guilty of the same things and should be called on the carpet for those mistakes!

The only thing I read him say was he would have handled it "differently". I heard nothing about anything unprofessional or the real facts of what, exactly, transpired, other than Coach Mario's narrative .

A very melodramatic post, and I applaud you for your principles. People are inherently disagreeable. You are basically asking for peace on earth.

This forum unites us because of our love for the Huskers. It is easy to be united, when things are good.We haven't been successful. It has divided the fanbase. Blame has to follow failure and failure is based on our each individual perception.

I read that we need to be patient by national sportswriters and tv personalities. We have been. We will continue to do so. Husker fans are good people.

I will disagree as I wish because these boards are made for parsing facts. Statistics are a liars choice. And fact is a left handed fool's scepter. Don't take it so seriously. I will make fun of opposing teams posters. They have come looking for an argument.

GBR

If we can’t cast aspersions on any team or fan base for any reason or no reason at all, what is even the point of message board fandom?

We definitely should. If you can't talk smack to moron fan bases, like Iowa and Colorado. What good is it? I have respect for the Buffs. They've won championships. Iowa sucks.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Maybe I am being naive. I heard Coach Frost say that they were surprised by his departure and that gebbia handled the news well and said he would do whatever he had to do as far as working hard and making team better and then less than 36 to 48 hours later is gone.
Again maybe I am being naive but Coach Frost also said after that he wants players that want to be here and if they don't then they would help them out by doing what was best for them and wish them well.
If the coaching staff has done this, that also means they are not going to trash a kid on his way out the door. This does no one any good. That would be unprofessional of the staff and we needed this issue to be put to bed as soon as possible since it was game week.
You may absolutely have more information than me and I am in no way questioning that. I appreciate your info and insight.
Don't know why people are adding an extra layer of conspiracy to this situation. Gebbia left. There's nothing else there. Anyone who tries to tell you differently doesn't know any information you or I don't know.

Mods? Why would you delete my step-brothers reference??

One of these days, Alice. Pow! Right in the kisser!

(Best I could do without resorting to the lame "This is a HUSKER board" trope. Peace.)
I cant wait for Nebraska to realistically challenge them. Hopefully the Huskers can make it a game this year.

As I have told lots of people. I dont really care who wins when the 2 teams play. I just want it to be a good game. If I "have" to root for one, it is generally who benefits the most from winning.

Reactions: 9and4
I cant wait for Nebraska to realistically challenge them. Hopefully the Huskers can make it a game this year.

As I have told lots of people. I dont really care who wins when the 2 teams play. I just want it to be a good game. If I "have" to root for one, it is generally who benefits the most from winning.

You mean like last year's game?

Serious, non-malicious question: Are you a Creighton grad? Omaha native? Jesuit brother? I have a cousin who's a big Jaysker as well because he went to CU. I grew up in Lincoln, graduated from UNL, and attended games at the Coliseum with my father starting in the 1960s.

In short, how does one become a Jaysker?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT