ADVERTISEMENT

Civil mismanagement has consequences

People are fleeing these places due to cost, politics and taxes.
-- This seems accurage
As far as the Obama, Biden, Clinton cabal they are as dirty as they come and if the media was not in the bag it would be evident to everyone by now
-- This is so far off the mark that I worry for your mental health
Mainstream media is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. Journalist and social media companies give 90% of their donations to Democrats. You can honestly say they are not biased af? We have to haul these criminals in front of a congressional committee to answer for their suppression of the news. They are deciding what is true and what is not and that's a big problem.

Reactions: bshirt73
Mainstream media is the propaganda arm of the Democratic Party. Journalist and social media companies give 90% of their donations to Democrats. You can honestly say they are not biased af? We have to haul these criminals in front of a congressional committee to answer for their suppression of the news. They are deciding what is true and what is not and that's a big problem.
More people watch Fox than any other English language news source, hence Republicans are massively uniformed, and eerily all on script "it's a hoax" ... "Lock her up" ... "MAGA." It's hilarious how much you sound like the same crazies you revile in Venezuela and China, you know the ones who criticize the media. Yea, you're that guy.

More people watch Fox than any other English language news source, hence Republicans are massively uniformed, and eerily all on script "it's a hoax" ... "Lock her up" ... "MAGA." It's hilarious how much you sound like the same crazies you revile in Venezuela and China, you know the ones who criticize the media. Yea, you're that guy.
You should watch too. You might learn something. I highly recommend Tucker, informational and highly entertaining.

Somehow I ended up watching Chuck Todd while working in my garage this morning. I was only 5 minutes in and I felt the need to take a shower.

Have you finished your report on what fascism means yet?

It's everywhere around you. Corporations convincing people that unions are bad and wages have to be kept low or people will lose their jobs. Or convincing people that tax cuts for the wealthy will lead to economic growth. Tax cuts for the middle and lower classes is good for the economy, not tax cuts for the rich. On the other side you have their leaders playing on the white, male, middle class privilege bs. If anyone has privilege in society, it's the elite class. It's certainly not your average middle class white male. Both the Republican party and Democrat party play into these dynamics and pit people against each other for the benefit of corporations and the elite class.

Not seeing the connection. Aren't both the middle class and working class involved in unions? Unions have traditionally been seen as more of a democrat ticket item than a republican ticket item, but I don't see this as a divisive issue. And I have never in my life-time heard anyone say that lower tax rates for the wealthy are good for the economy. What I have heard is that the wealthy pay a large portion of the overall taxes into the system and therefore lowering rates is justifiable (but this is not relevant to your middle-class vs. working-class comment). "Yes," the white-privilege narrative is a joke, but again, lots of white-folk in the working-class.

Voter suppression, attempts to strip voting rights, LGBTQ protections. I’m sure you’ll just sweep those under the rug, but they exist and are real.
Why are you assuming they would be swept under the rug? Who is attempting to suppress votes and / or strip voting rights, and how are they doing it? Who is trying to harm LGBTQ, and how are they doing it? Thank you for responding to the first part of my question. What about the other two questions that I posed to you? Can you respond to those as well?

Why are you assuming they would be swept under the rug? Who is attempting to suppress votes and / or strip voting rights, and how are they doing it? Who is trying to harm LGBTQ, and how are they doing it? Thank you for responding to the first part of my question. What about the other two questions that I posed to you? Can you respond to those as well?

Look at lines to vote in communities in Georgia and Ohio. In Tennessee they recently passed a law to elevate the punishment from camping on state grounds from a misdemeanor to a felony, which would strip their right to vote if convicted.

It is currently allowed in much (29 states) of the US to discriminate against LGBTQ people.

As far as the law question, I was saying there is a group that wants to go back to segregation, Jim Crow laws and who want to roll back the protections for LGBTQ amongst other things. There are certainly still many of these laws on the books that are thankfully, rarely enforced. But they are reminders of the scars of our past.

Look at lines to vote in communities in Georgia and Ohio. In Tennessee they recently passed a law to elevate the punishment from camping on state grounds from a misdemeanor to a felony, which would strip their right to vote if convicted.

It is currently allowed in much (29 states) of the US to discriminate against LGBTQ people.

As far as the law question, I was saying there is a group that wants to go back to segregation, Jim Crow laws and who want to roll back the protections for LGBTQ amongst other things. There are certainly still many of these laws on the books that are thankfully, rarely enforced. But they are reminders of the scars of our past.
How are lines to vote stripping voter rights? And can't every single person, if they want, vote by mail? Do a gigantic and disproportionate % of one party camp on State grounds? If so, why do so many camp?

States are "allowed" to discriminate? How so?

What group wants to go back to segregation? What are their attempts to go back to segregation?

I work more than 8 hours per day .. i also make 170k per year. My wife works longer hours, and makes 360 k per year. Thank you capitalism.
I'm quite certain that we do not live in a capitalist Valhalla. The amount of government intervention that ensures you and your wife make that salary is not capaitalism.
I imagine that most conservatives on this board are good people, but sheltered, or willfully ignorant of laws designed to limit the rights of minority groups. It's not like this stuff happened in some distant past. It's been going on for ages.

How are lines to vote stripping voter rights? And can't every single person, if they want, vote by mail? Do a gigantic and disproportionate % of one party camp on State grounds? If so, why do so many camp?

States are "allowed" to discriminate? How so?

What group wants to go back to segregation? What are their attempts to go back to segregation?

Closing voting places is an attempt to suppress votes, causing lines.

The camping was directed at protesters this year.

I didn’t say the states are allowed to discriminate, I said the protections aren’t there for LGBTQ people in 29 states, which opens the door for housing and other forms of discrimination.

If you aren’t aware of white supremacists, the KKK then I am not sure what to tell you.

I'm quite certain that we do not live in a capitalist Valhalla. The amount of government intervention that ensures you and your wife make that salary is not capaitalism.

I imagine that most conservatives on this board are good people, but sheltered, or willfully ignorant of laws designed to limit the rights of minority groups. It's not like this stuff happened in some distant past. It's been going on for ages.

So the government pays my salary? Good to know. You are wired different my fiend.

Which laws limits the rights of minorities? That’s a huge problem we need corrected. Please tell me the law so I can help correct it.

Closing voting places is an attempt to suppress votes, causing lines.

The camping was directed at protesters this year.

I didn’t say the states are allowed to discriminate, I said the protections aren’t there for LGBTQ people in 29 states, which opens the door for housing and other forms of discrimination.

If you aren’t aware of white supremacists, the KKK then I am not sure what to tell you.

Who decides to close voting locations, and what is there reasoning? Again, since you didn't answer, can't anyone who wants to vote by mail then vote by mail?

You didn't say state are allowed to discriminate, just about ten minutes ago? Okay, well, here's the exact quote: "It is currently allowed in much (29 states) of the US to discriminate against LGBTQ people."

Why in the hell are you talking about KKK and white supremacists?

Who decides to close voting locations, and what is there reasoning? Again, since you didn't answer, can't anyone who wants to vote by mail then vote by mail?

You didn't say state are allowed to discriminate, just about ten minutes ago? Okay, well, here's the exact quote: "It is currently allowed in much (29 states) of the US to discriminate against LGBTQ people."

Why in the hell are you talking about KKK and white supremacists?

Many people don’t trust voting by mail, here is an article referring to Georgia’s issues. I’m sure you can find those in other places through Google.

I said It is allowed, discrimination is allowed in 29 states, worded otherwise, there are not full legal protections in those states. Not sure why you are struggling so hard with reading comprehension.

The final, because you asked.

Done with the back and forth with you on this one.

Not seeing the connection. Aren't both the middle class and working class involved in unions? Unions have traditionally been seen as more of a democrat ticket item than a republican ticket item, but I don't see this as a divisive issue. And I have never in my life-time heard anyone say that lower tax rates for the wealthy are good for the economy. What I have heard is that the wealthy pay a large portion of the overall taxes into the system and therefore lowering rates is justifiable (but this is not relevant to your middle-class vs. working-class comment). "Yes," the white-privilege narrative is a joke, but again, lots of white-folk in the working-class.

Both parties have endorsed policies that have dismantled unions in recent decades. I'm not saying unions are always good, but I don't think it's much of a coincidence that at the same time we saw the decline of unions, we also saw wages become stagnant for decades.

The whole supply side economics movement endorsed exactly that: they believed tax cuts on the rich would lead to economic growth. We're still dealing with some of the fallout from those policies today.

I agree that most people should contribute to paying taxes, but I also think the wealthy benefit more from the use of social institutions than the non-wealthy, so they should pay a higher proportional tax rate. A low tax rate for the middle and lower classes helps demand for consumable goods and is in most cases unambiguously good for the economy.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
I’m not sure why everyone doesn’t realize that both parties are bull shoot yet also don’t realize that white nationalism has spread within the police force and current Republicans. I’m a Bush and Gore fan and both these parties are just nonsense for nothing. Our country is 200+ years old and it’s showing.

Buffet and Bezos are perfect examples that the Presidency is a farce. Both of them could help millions of people (sans their global development work which in itself is not actually great, like the Red Cross), address the water in Flint, etc.

Love it or leave it, USA #1!!

Both parties have endorsed policies that have dismantled unions in recent decades. I'm not saying unions are always good, but I don't think it's much of a coincidence that at the same time we saw the decline of unions, we also saw wages become stagnant for decades.

The whole supply side economics movement endorsed exactly that: they believed tax cuts on the rich would lead to economic growth. We're still dealing with some of the fallout from those policies today.

I agree that most people should contribute to paying taxes, but I also think the wealthy benefit more from the use of social institutions than the non-wealthy, so they should pay a higher proportional tax rate. A low tax rate for the middle and lower classes helps demand for consumable goods and is in most cases unambiguously good for the economy.

Exactly

I’m not sure why everyone doesn’t realize that both parties are bull shoot yet also don’t realize that white nationalism has spread within the police force and current Republicans. I’m a Bush and Gore fan and both these parties are just nonsense for nothing. Our country is 200+ years old and it’s showing.

Buffet and Bezos are perfect examples that the Presidency is a farce. Both of them could help millions of people (sans their global development work which in itself is not actually great, like the Red Cross), address the water in Flint, etc.

Love it or leave it, USA #1!!

The red cross is one of the worst organizations for helping people. If a disaster occurs near your town, go ahead and drive over and see what the red cross actually does. They will charge for everything to the people who just lost everything, meanwhile the Salvation Army and others will be there to actually help.

You didn't say states were allowed to discriminate, but you also didn't say protections aren't there. You specifically said LGBTQ (and I assume the rest of the alphabet?) were allowed to be discriminated against. The leftist kool-aid has let you down.

See, buddy, this is what I mean about being disingenuous.

What a massive fail.

tenor.gif

You didn't say states were allowed to discriminate, but you also didn't say protections aren't there. You specifically said LGBTQ (and I assume the rest of the alphabet?) were allowed to be discriminated against. The leftist kool-aid has let you down.

See, buddy, this is what I mean about being disingenuous.

What a massive fail.

Mkay...

Mkay...

Maybe you just didn't read the article?

"Francis said the board's decision creates the impression that people with disabilities can be discriminated against despite federal rules that are in place to protect them." Unless you are being disingenuous and purposely misleading us? You wouldn't do that right?

refusing to grant special protections not granted to others is not discrimination. You would have to show where any state or local governmental body has "tried to go back to segregation". Are you still living in the 1960s?

refusing to grant special protections not granted to others is not discrimination. You would have to show where any state or local governmental body has "tried to go back to segregation". Are you still living in the 1960s?

He's just very compassionate and cares deeply. I bet if he were president, nobody ever, anywhere, would suffer from anything, in the whole world. His love and beauty would raise us up and protect all of humanity from the injustice of yucky and icky people, and we would all have boxes and boxes of sidewalk chalk of a multitude of magnificent colors to draw and color our way into a glorious rainbow unicorn of peace and perfectly equal outcome for all.

I am not referring to state or local governments, I am talking about groups of people who want to see that era come back like the KKK and white supremacists. And not to mention the joking about it in the recent hearings for Barrett.

Maybe you just didn't read the article?

"Francis said the board's decision creates the impression that people with disabilities can be discriminated against despite federal rules that are in place to protect them." Unless you are being disingenuous and purposely misleading us? You wouldn't do that right?

You are bright enough to know that isn’t what I was referring to. Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are not protected in Texas, or the US on a broader level, are they?

He's just very compassionate and cares deeply. I bet if he were president, nobody ever, anywhere, would suffer from anything, in the whole world. His love and beauty would raise us up and protect all of humanity from the injustice of yucky and icky people, and we would all have boxes and boxes of sidewalk chalk of a multitude of magnificent colors to draw and color our way into a glorious rainbow unicorn of peace and perfectly equal outcome for all.

Yeah, cause it’d be an awful thing is we lived in harmony, every person had a safe place to rest at night and weren’t hungry or worried about where their next meal might come from.

To judge a man merely by success is an abhorrent wrong; and if the people at large habitually so judge men, if they grow to condone wickedness because the wicked man triumphs, they show their inability to understand that in the last analysis free institutions rest upon the character of citizenship, and that by such admiration of evil they prove themselves unfit for liberty.

ADVERTISEMENT