ADVERTISEMENT

Chuck Berry has passed

Yeah, just read about this about 15 minutes ago. Man was a legend. Lots of great rockers owe a lot to him. RIP Chuck.

The guy practically invented RnR, there was no one like him and there will never be another. He made good rock guitar players want to be great, he may have influenced more "ax men" than probably any other player in the history of RnR.

And what you saw is what you got, and for heavens sake, you didn't want to make him mad, just ask another guitar great, Keith Richards. RIP Mr. Berry, RIP!

Last edited:
Not only an electrifying entertainer, but a great songwriter as well. So much greatness - rest in peace.

I saw Chuck perform many times at a place outside of St. Louis called Blueberry Hill. Just being in the presence of such greatness was truly unbelievable - thanks Chuck!

I saw him in concert in 1968 leading off for the Rolling Stones. The concert was at the old south side Chicago amphitheater -- I'm still buzzzzzzzzed !

and, Go Cats !!

I was going to make a smart aleck remark the other day joking about Chuck Baris...Sure glad I did not and jinx him. RIP Mr Gongshow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT