ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Klieman to KSU for 2.3M/yr

Why even tweet this if you are committed to another school, a week before signing day? Doesn't make sense to me.

NDSU had been recruiting him, so the offer might be as much of a courtesy as anything. On the other hand, he might really like Klieman, but couldn't turn down a P5 offer to play in FCS.

Why even tweet this if you are committed to another school, a week before signing day? Doesn't make sense to me.

I suspect he is solid - never really gave it much thought as this would represent the first non directional type school to offer other than us

So, go to the 5:40 mark to learn about the requirement to keep Snyder's staff. As for Venables, his son plays at Clemson and Brent is coach-in-waiting if Dabs replaces Nick. Most here love this Klieman hire or are at least warming to it. Same culture. Same type of offense. CK is a winner.

I don't know anyone that hangs out with the K State cocktail crowd, so I don't really know what goes on there. But I am pretty sure that if there was a requirement to keep Baby Snyder on as an assistant, that the AD would never admit to it publicly.

Also, isn't it really swell of the AD just to hand Snyder an extra $3 million dollars that he wasn't owed as a nice parting gift?

Dude totally got a$$-raped by a 79 year old buck-toothed half-there old fart. Wow

Snyder's contract called for a $3million payment for dismissal without cause. You can figure it out on your own.

So was Dan Hawkins before he moved up to a Power 5 conference.
Yeah, and so was Jim Harbaugh, Jim Tressel, Frank Beamer and others. Those examples are just as good as using Dano. We won't know about Klieman until he gets to Manhattan and coaches a few seasons. For most of us, this was a solid hire.

The AD said it was Bill's decision to retire and they didn't need to give him the $3 million, but they just wanted to.
Like I said, most thoughtful people can figure out what happened. Bill never wanted to retire. That's been pretty clear.

But that is what the AD himself said. Is he not credible?
Then why should we believe him when he says that he didn't require the new coach to retain certain staff members like Baby Snyder?
I'm confused. :oops:

But that is what the AD himself said. Is he not credible?
Then why should we believe him when he says that he didn't require the new coach to retain certain staff members like Baby Snyder?
I'm confused. :oops:

I guess when and if any of the current staff are found to have been retained it will become an issue for speculation. For now it's 100% hypothetical.

Has any new Nebraska coach ever retained a member of his predecessor's staff?

ADVERTISEMENT