ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Klieman to KSU for 2.3M/yr

K-State has been pretty underwhelming for awhile, sliding back into a state familiar to what they were before Snyder got there. Maybe this guy can give them a spark, or at least take ksu for some big bucks!

Not even close .

I had heard that Litrell didn't work out because he wanted to bring his staff with him while K State insisted that he keep some of the old assistants (and young Snyder) on staff. And he was like Eff that. So I'm interested in seeing how his staff shapes up. If that story is true, I don't think it will be successful to have an ex-coach micromanaging behind the scenes.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Proven winner who plays a style that is something they will need to play to be relevant in the B12. Not sexy hire but they will be better and he will get the best out of the talent he gets. Think he’ll be able to recruit there and get guys that will be good in the conference.

Pretty underwhelming hire.
K-State has been pretty underwhelming for awhile, sliding back into a state familiar to what they were before Snyder got there. Maybe this guy can give them a spark, or at least take ksu for some big bucks!
Not even close .
Ok, ok, so I exaggerated some:), but ksu still isn't gaining much traction anymore, and since this isn't considered a big hire, it shows k-state has little clout to bring in a bigger name. But, Klieman might just be the person to turn them on an upswing, you never know.

What happened to Seth Litrell. I thought they locked him up.

I think this was a good hire. Litrell would have been been better. Texas coach and big 12 and all that.

Good hire for them-if only because they really can't expect much better. Really, though other than Jim Tressel, the list of successful coaches at the FCS(or I-AA previously) level who have made successful transitions to the FBS level is pretty short. Craig Bohl has done OK by Wyoming standards-but his record may not have been able to cut it at a major conference school.

Seems like a solid hire (for K-State) to me. Real solid.

If they were a couple he is a 6.5 and K-State is a 4. He could do better IMO.

You could make the same comparison between Dan Hawkins and Chris Peterson. You never know.
We're talking about jumping up a whole level-not just going from minor conference school to major conference school. There are a few who have successfully made the jump-Jim Tressel, Jim Harbaugh and Brian Kelly(who had a couple of stops at minor conference FBS schools before being hired at Notre Dame), but many more that have not worked out.

Love your boxer dog. Mine is laying in my lap despite his 80 lbs.

This man's best friend until Dec 27th last year. Saddest day of my recent memory. Boy was 117 lbs at one point. Strong as a bull, but an absolute heart of gold. Lived every moment of every day wanting to make us happy. Got our next boxer boy in late March. Just turned 9 months and he's 70 lbs and crazy.

This man's best friend until Dec 27th last year. Saddest day of my recent memory. Boy was 117 lbs at one point. Strong as a bull, but an absolute heart of gold. Lived every moment of every day wanting to make us happy. Got our next boxer boy in late March. Just turned 9 months and he's 70 lbs and crazy.
Boxers are great dogs, there only downfall is they have a short life span, which sucks

Ha ha, I'm glad you walked that back a bit! I was going to ask you how you old you are because you must not remember just how ridiculously terrible they were pre-Snyder.
I like taking jabs at ksu now and then!

One thing to keep in mind here-there's a difference in saying this is a great hire for KSU, and a great hire, period. I can understand saying this is a great hire for them-mainly because they really can't expect to do a whole lot better. But is this a hire that is turning heads in the Big 12 and around the country? I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue that. I hardly think the rest of the Big 12 is suddenly any more scared of them than they were before.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
What happened to Seth Litrell. I thought they locked him up.

I think this was a good hire. Litrell would have been been better. Texas coach and big 12 and all that.
There was talk that Litrell didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t bring his whole staff and that he would have to keep some K State staff. I assume Jr was one.

Ok, ok, so I exaggerated some:), but ksu still isn't gaining much traction anymore, and since this isn't considered a big hire, it shows k-state has little clout to bring in a bigger name. But, Klieman might just be the person to turn them on an upswing, you never know.
Think back to when Devaney was brought in to UNL......

Did he play teams consistently as good Big 12 talent? Are kids going to be excited to move to Manhattan, KS for him?

On the afternoon of September 17, 2016, in Iowa City, the legendary North Dakota State met #11 Iowa. The NDSU Defense was under the field direction of the brilliant All-American captain and middle-linebacker Nick DeLuca, formerly All-Nebraska First Team and Super-State Team middle-linebacker of the State Champion Millard North High School of Omaha. The NDSU Offense was under the field direction of the equally brilliant captain and quarterback Eston Stick, formerly All-Nebraska First Team and Super-State Team quarterback of Creighton Prep High School of Omaha.

Iowa, of course, suffered a disastrous and humiliating defeat to NDSU, but later that Fall preceded to beat Nebraska, as expected. Did the football geniuses in Lincoln ask at the time what the hell these two brilliant Omaha high school football players were doing at a university in Fargo, North Dakota? Yes, Coach Klieman knows how to recruit real talent! I have seen the great Norh Dakota State not only beat Iowa in the last decade, but also Kansas State. Thank God that the Big 10 conference has now decreed that their teams will no longer accept games with FCS teams! Nebraska will not be the next ghastly victim. v

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT