ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Klieman has to be the target now

thall_

Redshirt Freshman
Sep 25, 2022
1) success in a P5 division
2) has shown he can beat teams like Oklahoma and develop a line that controls the LOS
3) he did it with Husker players, which is the most compelling factor

obviously, if Urban is available you pull that trigger (spare me the sanctimony), but as far as i'm concerned, Klieman brings more to the table than Campbell or Leipold in terms of tangible results and evidence of a quick rebuild into a tough team.

i know this board has a love affair with Aranda, but something tells me he's awaiting an SEC payday

2) has shown he can beat teams like Oklahoma and develop a line that controls the LOS

obviously, if Urban is available you pull that trigger (spare me the sanctimony), but as far as i'm concerned, Klieman brings more to the table than Campbell or Leipold in terms of tangible results and evidence of a quick rebuild into a tough team.

i know this board has a love affair with Aranda, but something tells me he's awaiting an SEC payday
4) He's a 3-championship coach. Even at FCS, its still a championship. And a tier above D-III that Leipold got 7 championships at Wis-WW.

He lost to Tulane last week.

Let's see how the Big 12 season shakes out first. There are 8 more games to play. Leipold, Aranda, Klieman, Campbell....any of them could end up having great seasons, or crashing and burning. It's too early to judge.
Correct. Same with Auburn and several other teams. Also need to see how the season plays out for MJ.

Let's see how the Big 12 season shakes out first. There are 8 more games to play. Leipold, Aranda, Klieman, Campbell....any of them could end up having great seasons, or crashing and burning. It's too early to judge.
too early to judge? he's been there 4 years, is 3-1 against the Ohio State of the Big 12, and he's continuing that trend with players from our roster.

Aranda's not coming here, and Campbell is barely Pelini level. Leipold i'm sure is a great coach, but i have my doubts that he is going to bully teams the way Klieman's do.

Let's see.. A week ago they scored 10 points against Tulane in a loss. Now they beat an overrated OU team and he should be the head coach. Flavor of the week. The only certainty in the coaching search, is that Frost will not be Nebraska's new head coach. And considering the clown show that this program has been over 20 years, I would not discount it as a possibility.

He can beat OU, great. Can he beat Wisconsin and OSU?

i like his chances better than Campbell, Leipold, or Aranda. i like Urban's chances the best, hoping that's an option.

let's contextualize Dave Aranda:

from 2013-2015, Baylor averages 10+ wins/season
in 2016, Baylor goes 7-6 with interim HC Jim Grobe
in 2017, Baylor goes 1-11 over a total rebuild under Matt Rhule
in 2018, Baylor starts to regain momentum going 7-6 under Matt Rhule
in 2019, Baylor goes 11-3 with Matt Rhule.
in 2020, Baylor goes 2-7 with Aranda
in 2021, Baylor is essentially back to where they were with Rhule.

let's not act like he had to rebuild, he took over a team that was fresh off a CCG appearance that had experienced tons of success the past decade. he's done an impressive job at driving the nice car that was handed to him, but i have my doubts that he can build a car from the ground up.

Klieman took over a team with a stagnated culture and completely rejuvenated it, and he's doing it with recruits worse than Northwestern's.

If Trev is going to base his decision on one game then we are all in trouble. Again…

too early to judge? he's been there 4 years, is 3-1 against the Ohio State of the Big 12, and he's continuing that trend with players from our roster.

Aranda's not coming here, and Campbell is barely Pelini level. Leipold i'm sure is a great coach, but i have my doubts that he is going to bully teams the way Klieman's do.
Thats great that he has OUs number and all... He's also 14-14 in league play... He's 0-3 against Texas, he's 0-3 against Oklahoma State, and he's 0-3 against Baylor... He's also 1-2 against West Virginia and Iowa State.... Like others have said, Id wait and see how it shakes out...

i like his chances better than Campbell, Leipold, or Aranda. i like Urban's chances the best, hoping that's an option.

let's not act like he had to rebuild, he took over a team that was fresh off a CCG appearance that had experienced tons of success the past decade. he's done an impressive job at driving the nice car that was handed to him, but i have my doubts that he can build a car from the ground up.

Klieman took over a team with a stagnated culture and completely rejuvenated it, and he's doing it with recruits worse than Northwestern's.
He's got a 4 star QB.....who make no mistake won that game for them last night.

Why?

Ohio st of the Big 12….,, lol

in 2019, let's not act like he had to rebuild, he took over a team that was fresh off a CCG appearance that had experienced tons of success the past decade. he's done an impressive job at driving the nice car that was handed to him, but i have my doubts that he can build a car from the ground up.
@thall_

Would you have similar doubts about Rhule?

Urban is not an option. Our roster is not good enough for an immediate turn around and he isnt going to chance his last coaching stop on us. There is a job he wants thats gonna open in 2023. It's Texas A&M. They just had a number 1 recruiting class and likely will next year too. Plus his wife Shelley Meyer is not going to live in Lincoln. She hated living in Columbus and theres way more to do in Columbus than Lincoln. Even for $15M a year. It's the same reason Fickell won't come here. His wife loves Ohio and she wont move to Lincoln.

Urban is not an option. Our roster is not good enough for an immediate turn around and he isnt going to chance his last coaching stop on us. There is a job he wants thats gonna open in 2023. It's Texas A&M. They just had a number 1 recruiting class and likely will next year too. Plus his wife Shelley Meyer is not going to live in Lincoln. She hated living in Columbus and theres way more to do in Columbus than Lincoln. Even for $15M a year. It's the same reason Fickell won't come here. His wife loves Ohio and she wont move to Lincoln.
Jimbo's buyout is $ 90 Million.

BIG is more physical and plays tougher defense in general than Big 12.
It would be important that if one of these coaches were hired that they get a DC that can play BIG defense.

From watching most Big 12 games, it seems like the last team to score before time runs out wins. That doesnt work here.

You realize Klieman has gotten blown out by Campbell/Iowa State the last two years? He also has losses to Tulane, Arkansas State, and Navy. And 0-3 vs Baylor.

He's somehow beaten OU twice, but hasn't beaten anyone else that's any good. He's maintained the program where Snyder left it, but hasn't elevated it at all.

Klieman hasn't had to build a program, he inherited a powerhouse from Bohl at NDSU, and inherited a KSU program with good culture and discipline from Snyder. There's no evidence he can take a program in the dumps and build it into a winner.

I’m hoping we could get someone higher on the list. that being said, we could chose and have chosen worse.

Reactions: headcard
At
Let's see.. A week ago they scored 10 points against Tulane in a loss. Now they beat an overrated OU team and he should be the head coach. Flavor of the week. The only certainty in the coaching search, is that Frost will not be Nebraska's new head coach. And considering the clown show that this program has been over 20 years, I would not discount it as a possibility.
least the coaches we discussing have a resume to review. Frost had 2 years

Wouldn't it be the ironies of ironies if AM leads K ST to a Big 12 championship which makes TA go with CK as our next head coach?

I’ll be grateful to get any coach that give a shit. You can tell our past couple have not. And it trickled onto the field. KSU had a team that gave a shit. You guys can argue about whatever but I saw a much different AMart running an offense that only cared about going forward. We’d be lucky to have a coach like the one that was in that game last night. We’ve fallen pretty damn far and I would eat my hat if a coach like urban or anyone of his ilk came here. Perspective, folks. We are a rebuild and also a place where your coaching career and be destroyed.

Prayers to the next coach that comes here. It’s obviously a very tough job

Reactions: huntered
I’ll be grateful to get any coach that give a shit. You can tell our past couple have not. And it trickled onto the field. KSU had a team that gave a shit. You guys can argue about whatever but I saw a much different AMart running an offense that only cared about going forward. We’d be lucky to have a coach like the one that was in that game last night. We’ve fallen pretty damn far and I would eat my hat if a coach like urban or anyone of his ilk came here. Perspective, folks. We are a rebuild and also a place where your coaching career and be destroyed.

It’s been a tough job because of the losing mentality the past 7 of 8 years..

Next coach needs to fix that ASAP coming in here..

Reactions: BleedRed78
It’s been a tough job because of the losing mentality the past 7 of 8 years..

Next coach needs to fix that ASAP coming in here..
Not an easy fix or job. But you’re absolutely correct

There is no one of Meyer's ilk who is currently available except Meyer himself. However, there will be several very good coaches who will be quite interested in this job (LL, Klieman, Cambell and maybe Aranda and who knows who else besides). Don't sweat it, be excited.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and c3o
There is no one of Meyer's ilk who is currently available except Meyer himself. However, there will be several very good coaches who will be quite interested in this job (LL, Klieman, Cambell and maybe Aranda and who knows who else besides). Don't sweat it, be excited.
not sweating it. Excited. I think it will be one of the guys you mentioned. And I like all of them

BIG is more physical and plays tougher defense in general than Big 12.
It would be important that if one of these coaches were hired that they get a DC that can play BIG defense.

From watching most Big 12 games, it seems like the last team to score before time runs out wins. That doesnt work here.
If in fact we would get Aranda he coached D in the big at Wisconsin so he knows what it takes .

K-State made Missouri look like a MAC team in a 40-12 blowout, then spent the following week thinking about and practicing for OU, forgetting they had a game against Tulane. At any rate, K-State is OU's kryptonite. They were for Bob Stoops, Lincoln Riley and now Brent Venables. Two years ago, they lost their opening game to Arkansas State, then went into Norman and beat Oklahoma.

Everyone forgets about the wives and kids.

You realize Klieman has gotten blown out by Campbell/Iowa State the last two years? He also has losses to Tulane, Arkansas State, and Navy. And 0-3 vs Baylor.

He's somehow beaten OU twice, but hasn't beaten anyone else that's any good. He's maintained the program where Snyder left it, but hasn't elevated it at all.

Klieman hasn't had to build a program, he inherited a powerhouse from Bohl at NDSU, and inherited a KSU program with good culture and discipline from Snyder. There's no evidence he can take a program in the dumps and build it into a winner.
Lance Leipold. Proven program builder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT