ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly?

Nov 7, 2022
I know Chip Kelly will turn off a lot of people because of his ties to Frost, but he has got UCLA at 8-1 with little to no resources.

He has also proven that it takes more than a couple years to build up certain scenarios.

With the current state of NU, a quick turn around(1-2 years) may not be possible. Of course with transfer portal and NIL, maybe I’m way off base.

Thoughts?

DTR turned into what we hoped AM was going to be. They're fun to watch.

Frost can be OC!

And head coach in waiting!!!!
b5e501462a83588f8c8cd77e462ed7cc3aa45853d0278bea7d289d5198855856.jpg

Disagree that he had little to no resources. UCLA is located in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. They are in LA for cryin' out loud. :p

USC is what has held the Bruins back most years. Top recruits tend to go there. But every now and then, UCLA is really good. This happens to be one of those times. Then they'll slide back into mediocrity.

For the record, I think UCLA will do much better in the B1G than USC. CP emphasizes physical football and a strong defense. USC is pretty much a Big 12 team: great offense, middling defense.

Reactions: Wasker77
Disagree that he had little to no resources. UCLA is located in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. They are in LA for cryin' out loud. :p

USC is what has held the Bruins back most years. Top recruits tend to go there. But every now and then, UCLA is really good. This happens to be one of those times. Then they'll slide back into mediocrity.

For the record, I think UCLA will do much better in the B1G than USC. CP emphasizes physical football and a strong defense. USC is pretty much a Big 12 team: great offense, middling defense.
Agree with you in regards to fertile recruiting grounds, but have you seen their facilities and fan base. No support and the poor no money into their program.

I guess we are the opposite. Tons of money and support with lack of top end recruits in surrounding areas.

I know Chip Kelly will turn off a lot of people because of his ties to Frost, but he has got UCLA at 8-1 with little to no resources.

He has also proven that it takes more than a couple years to build up certain scenarios.

With the current state of NU, a quick turn around(1-2 years) may not be possible. Of course with transfer portal and NIL, maybe I’m way off base.

Thoughts?
Really??? And why would he leave UCLA for Nebraska???? And little to no resources? Try a great school, beautiful campus, and one of the best pools of talent in the country. Also forget football for a second. He would be leaving Southern California for Lincoln Nebraska. Also in case you don’t really follow college football, coaches that are contenders for the BCS championship don’t quit their jobs and go to middling programs.

I mean this crap is unreal. Here we have husker fans acting like, “well I guess we could settle for Chip Kelly”.

Last edited:
Agree with you in regards to fertile recruiting grounds, but have you seen their facilities and fan base. No support and the poor no money into their program.

I guess we are the opposite. Tons of money and support with lack of top end recruits in surrounding areas.
We don’t have much more money to offer…they are joining the B1G. Btw we are soon to be all looking at some cold realities as we start going lower and lower down on Trev’s “short list”

Really??? And why would he leave UCLA for Nebraska????
Money, Resources, fanbase who cares, freezing cold winters…. Lol. Never said he would want the job just why he wouldn’t be considered.

Obviously at this point, I think Trev has made his decision, or atleast has his handful of options figured out.

From the realistic options being thrown out there, I prefer Mickey and focus on 2 great coordinators to develop the talent that Mickey and staff can bring in.

Really??? And why would he leave UCLA for Nebraska???? And little to no resources? Try a great school, beautiful campus, and one of the best pools of talent in the country. Also forget football for a second. He would be leaving Southern California for Lincoln Nebraska. Also in case you don’t really follow college football, coaches that are contenders for the BCS championship don’t quit their jobs and go to middling programs.

I mean this crap is unreal. Here we have husker fans acting like, “well I guess we could settle for Chip Kelly”.
Clearly didn’t read my whole post. I never said he would even consider Nebraska. Also, I have connections to UCLA athletics(not football), but no money goes to football program. Big Ten money won’t change the school’s priorities(trust me).

I just wonder why Chip isn’t even considered here or anywhere else.

Lastly, the condescension isn’t needed, but I also love a message board poster with a complex.

I’m sure you know more than I do about all things coaching/football(eye roll)…. Have a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT