ADVERTISEMENT

Chins

BleedRed78

Blackshirt
Oct 22, 2019
I'll admit I'm a vocal proponent for letting Frost go and giving Chins a chance to audition for hc as interim. But I thought to myself... Is Chins even on the sideline for games? Or is he up in the booth? Would be be able to handle being down on the sideline and managing from up close and personal?

Chinander has zero chance of being the head coach. The defense has put together a nice season so far and Chinander will benefit from it. But Nebraska is not going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience from this losing regime to be the next guy.
Chins will be at Purdue next year...after Jeff cans another DC in hopes of keeping his job. Hahaha

• Wow
Reactions: cidsports
Chinander has zero chance of being the head coach. The defense has put together a nice season so far and Chinander will benefit from it. But Nebraska is not going to hire a guy with no head coaching experience from this losing regime to be the next guy.
But what if he somehow turned it around this season as interim? And no other legitimate candidate rises to the top? Winning is winning, and it starts on the defensive side of the ball. We've got that thanks more to him than Frost.

Anyway, my main question is about Chins presence or lack thereof on the sideline. Does anyone know?

People who think there is gonna be a new HC next season are likely going to be disappointed.
It's going to reach a fever pitch, but I tend to agree with you. Honestly I wouldn't want to bet either way. You could easily see this team figuring out a couple basic issues, winning six and going to bowl. You could also see them winning 1-2 more games. Who would know?

I'll admit I'm a vocal proponent for letting Frost go and giving Chins a chance to audition for hc as interim. But I thought to myself... Is Chins even on the sideline for games? Or is he up in the booth? Would be be able to handle being down on the sideline and managing from up close and personal?
Chinander has no chance at being our next head coach, nor should he. People really need to expand their knowledge beyond the borders of memorial stadium. There's even much better DC's out there we could hire, so I'm not sure why we would settle for Chinander.

Reactions: kidofSN
Chinander has no chance at being our next head coach, nor should he. People really need to expand their knowledge beyond the borders of memorial stadium. There's even much better DC's out there we could hire, so I'm not sure why we would settle for Chinander.
I'm just saying why not give the guy a chance the rest of the season? It'd help him land a good job after us, or perhaps we find that he truly runs the show as a CEO needs to and wins because of it while keeping our resurging culture intact. Nothing to lose except...

Nobody has yet to chime in on whether or not chins is on the sideline for games or if he's a booth guy. I don't personally know, and might temper my idea if he's not ever present on our sideline.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Bump... Anybody know if chins is on the sidelines on game day? Or up in the booth?

Bump... Anybody know if chins is on the sidelines on game day? Or up in the booth?
Pretty sure he's in the booth. He's done a GREAT job this season. It really helps to have all of those seniors back with detailed knowledge of his defense but he's still playing some young linebackers. They played up to Blackshirt tradition against MSU. At least one former Blackshirt has changed his tune about Frost and Chin after watching this defense this year. He went from a public doubter to a supporter of keeping things together.

Pretty sure he's in the booth. He's done a GREAT job this season. It really helps to have all of those seniors back with detailed knowledge of his defense but he's still playing some young linebackers. They played up to Blackshirt tradition against MSU. At least one former Blackshirt has changed his tune about Frost and Chin after watching this defense this year. He went from a public doubter to a supporter of keeping things together.
Thank you. Makes me a tad bit more skeptical of thinking Chins could success taking over as interim. Huge difference leading the troops in the field vs seeing everything from above in the box

ADVERTISEMENT